Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Pathfinder Platinum
Can the speed sensitive automatic door locks be turned off?

·
Registered
198 Posts
As far as I know, you can't disable it. You can only change the unlock function.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It can be disabled. I found it on the internet somewhere, but basically have to hold down the lock button for several seconds with the power on. Google should find it, but just search on Nissan and not Pathfinder.

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
All doors lock automatically when the vehicle speed reaches 15 MPH (24 km/h).
All doors unlock automatically when the ignition is placed in the OFF position.
The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of performing Step #2:
To change AUTO UNLOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It can be disabled. I found it on the internet somewhere, but basically have to hold down the lock button for several seconds with the power on. Google should find it, but just search on Nissan and not Pathfinder.

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS
The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
To change AUTO UNLOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.
Thank you that works and I should have known as I did it on my 2010 Maxima when it was new. The reason I like to disable this function is "If you are involved in an accident and the battery is disabled how do you get the babies out of the back as there is now no power to unlock the doors. You would have to climb over the front seats to unlock the back doors. Try this when there's fire or a risk of fire".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS

1. Close all doors.
[FONT=&quot]My P/F's owner's manual was missing, just got it yesterday and the information to make the change is in there.[/FONT]

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's strange that these instructions are exactly the same as in the manual (page 3-6) except that it only mentions the UNLOCK function....no mention of the LOCK function.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well the internet came to the rescue once again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
problems with driver door!!

So I have a 2007 nissian pathfinder, which refuses to let me out!! my driver door will not open from the inside, i have to roll the window down to open it from the outside. Origanialy i taught there was a problem with the connector to the handle , but there isnt. when i lock/unlock the jeep using the key (button) the central locking was making a weird grinding noise, which has now stopped, can anyone tell me if this a problem with the sensor or something? as every now and then it works allowing me to open the door from the inside, only now it has decide to act up right before the CRVT test

1 - 8 of 8 Posts