Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 SL deep ocean blue pearl
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On day 6 now with my new 23 SL. Still learning the many features this great vehicle has. Some I have never had on any of my previous vehicles.One of them is the "Auto brake hold" I read the manual and understand how to engage it. Just not sure when this would be used and come in handy? Any ideas on this ? thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Does a 2017 have this, or something like this that requires no button?

I noticed when I'm stopped on a hill, it holds the brake when I go to step on the gas (it doesn't roll backwards).

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's new to me also but I like it. Basically you step on the brake and turn on the auto hold. You can then let go of the brake and rest your foot. You press on the gas and the auto hold disengages. When you step on the brake again like in heavy traffic it automatically reengages and you can let your foot off the brake.

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
337 Posts
I have not used this feature as yet. I just shift the car into neutral if I'm at a light (I have done that all my driving life - it's left over from my college years driving a NYC yellow cab!)
I guess perhaps it's time for me to check out this auto hold - it sounds like it is just the right thing!!
Thanks, @just4fn!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I leave it on 100% of the time. It allows me to take my foot off the brake every time the car is stopped. It is like putting the car in park automatically when you're stopped but then getting it out of park just by pressing the gas.

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
337 Posts
I still have to try it - shame on me for waiting so long!
Perhaps tomorrow, on the holiday...
It sounds like the solution to my old-school issue of always shifting into neutral at stop lights. (see post #7, above)

11/24/22: P.S. Well, today I had ample opportunity to use the 'brake hold' - wow, this is my new favorite aspect of the Pathfinder. Who knew? Not me, that's for sure!
No more shifting into NEUTRAL at stoplights for me!
I love this feature!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts