Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Pathfinder owner and maybe not used to CVT transmission, but this doesn't seem right to me.

When I let off of the accelerator going above 45k and let the vehicle slow on its own when it gets to about 42K it feels like I have given it gas and it stays there for several 100yds than starts to slow down again.

Also when braking through this range you can feel it trying to accelerate. Deal says this is normal, but having trouble with this as you have to fight the acceleration. Thinking this could cause a problem safety or at the least wear down the brake pads fast.

Anyone else have this issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm guessing that you either mean 4.5k, or 4-5k. Nevertheless, mine doesn't do that and I don't think that "you're doing it wrong". I'd see what other feedback the members have but I am pretty sure that I'd have noticed this by now and that it would annoy the **** out of me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you saying when the speed gets down to 42km/h it actually speeds back up? Or not slowing down as quickly? Or do the engine RPMs go up?

The Nissan CVTs will actually 'downshift' or 'downgear' as you slow down to give you more engine braking, which means the engine RPM may go up as you slow down (without touching the gas pedal). This is normal and is actually helping preserve brake pads. The car does this depending on a bunch of factors such as speed, brake application, and possibly road inclination.

If on the other hand, the car actually starts to speed up (on level ground) as indicated by speedometer, then you have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts