Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this forum seems relatively new from the level of post I see in each category, but I have to ask. Has anyone taken apart their dash to see how the radio or screen is hooked up? Reason asking, I have an SL w/out the Bose system or Navigation but would love to have those features w/out paying dealership pricing. So just my thought, the screen isn't touch more so just a video input (i just don't know what type of input yet.) Thinking about replacing the screen w/ something with more visual inputs. Also does anyone know if the stereo system w/out Bose is amplified? Need to replace these dead OEM speakers w/ quality and posibily amplify the aftermarkets. Possible DIY w/pictures soon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So this forum seems relatively new from the level of post I see in each category, but I have to ask. Has anyone taken apart their dash to see how the radio or screen is hooked up? Reason asking, I have an SL w/out the Bose system or Navigation but would love to have those features w/out paying dealership pricing. So just my thought, the screen isn't touch more so just a video input (i just don't know what type of input yet.) Thinking about replacing the screen w/ something with more visual inputs. Also does anyone know if the stereo system w/out Bose is amplified? Need to replace these dead OEM speakers w/ quality and posibily amplify the aftermarkets. Possible DIY w/pictures soon.
I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folks on this that will post, but my opinion is that this type of mod would be impossible. The entire screen, radio, climate, nav, car computer, etc are all integrated into one control module managed through the center screen. I don't think you can simply replace the screen or the sound system.

But, let's see what people post.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I was thinking too regarding the screen but I'll have to find out this weekend for sure. If its as simple as I'm hoping then it should be a simple swap (but then again nothing is simple with these cars now.)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wonder if an ipad mini would fit....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It'll be hard to get a good answer right now. The car is still too new.

if you are serious I'd talk with a reputable car audio shop. That is your best bet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts