Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 3rd generation (2005-2012) Nissan Pathfinder was a truck-style body-on-frame SUV, unlike the new 2013 Pathfinder which is more car-like being compact with a FWD platform and a V6 as the only engine option.....ultimately losing it's ruggedness. Are you going to miss the Pathfinder we once had? Or are you going to like the 2013 model as much as the last?

·
Registered
31 Posts
yes and no. it was cool to have a rugged looking SUV but the 2013 model is much more appropriate for the typical pathfinder buyer, 3rd gen was more like your Japanese Tahoe in a way with the big V8.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Nissan had almost no choice to do this, just look at the rest of the car makers out there. Most are making more fuel efficient vehicles.

The closest thing to a V8 Pathfinder will be the Xterra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dunno man, it looks more mommy. they could've gone with car platform, and even smaller but with some manly styling. i may be wrong, because i saw it only on websites. not physically.

for some reason it reminds me a Lexus RX, highlander and a 2005 Dodge Caravan. Aaaah .....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
It does remind me of the lexus rx. I think the reason they switched over is because they think that this more consumer friendly design will attract more consumers over the previously larger and bulkier design. There is no doubt the older design looks more rugged and is likely more rugged.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i dunno man, it looks more mommy. they could've gone with car platform, and even smaller but with some manly styling. i may be wrong, because i saw it only on websites. not physically.

for some reason it reminds me a Lexus RX, highlander and a 2005 Dodge Caravan. Aaaah .....
rear end looks a bit like a toyota, front end reminds me of a Caravan.

Design is still unique in a way, it's closely based off the JX, and the JX is much more unique

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nissan could of been more unique with the design, I agree with the above that it looks a lot like the Lexus RX:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i will miss the old pathfinder, however, times are changing and i do not like being at the pump every two days, so i welcome the new generation Pathfinder with open arms

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
^ I agree...

How often do you really need the larger more rugged design of the older generation? And how often do you find yourself at the gas station?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i've had my Pathfinder for 2 weeks and ive been to the gas station once, on a 1/4 tank i've put about 400 miles on it so far... so fuel consumption gets two thubs up... this pathfinder is just as rugged as previous versions, i dont see why you cant go mudding on it :)... i won't... dont like to get mud on my nice leather seats. i will however hit the beach and the mountains

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i've had my Pathfinder for 2 weeks and ive been to the gas station once, on a 1/4 tank i've put about 400 miles on it so far... so fuel consumption gets two thubs up... this pathfinder is just as rugged as previous versions, i dont see why you cant go mudding on it :)... i won't... dont like to get mud on my nice leather seats. i will however hit the beach and the mountains

you can go mudding with it, it's just that it's not as rugged as the last one which is why people are hating on it.

it's sort of like a return of the pathfinder 2 generations ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts