Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with regrets on their chosen dashcam so far. We decided to go with the Blackvue750s - 2channel system. But instead of messing around with the fuses by getting the Power Magic Pro I felt the Blackvue B112 self contained battery was the better choice. Having the system for about a month now, no problems at all.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
85 Posts
Hi,

I have the Rexing V1P Gen 3, since September 2019, and no issue.

Not the most advanced in the market but working great for my use.

**Also I bought it off Kijiji really cheap, helped my decision making process :)

1590856147853134668454307843626.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

I have the Rexing V1P Gen 3, since September 2019, and no issue.

Not the most advanced in the market but working great for my use.

**Also I bought it off Kijiji really cheap, helped my decision making process :)

View attachment 15365 View attachment 15366 View attachment 15367
I wanted to go with an expensive model just in case we needed the video quality to be as good as possible just in case someone tried to quickly leave the scene after hitting me. Were you satisfied with the video quality?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum
85 Posts
I wanted to go with an expensive model just in case we needed the video quality to be as good as possible just in case someone tried to quickly leave the scene after hitting me. Were you satisfied with the video quality?
The recording is HD 1080p, so yes !

There are so many in the market, and lots of good features.

If something comes out better, I will move this one to my wife's Honda, and upgrade mine !

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,661 Posts
We have something called the Vehicle Blackbox DVR that we got off of Amazon for about $60 and it's a piece of sh**. It's very difficult to program and the Chinese manual is so bad that I've resorted to searching the internet to find a tutorial or something to try to figure it out... and I'm a tech writer by profession!

Ultimately, something happened to the built-in battery, and it will only record for short periods of time before it shuts down. Finally my wife got fed up and yanked it out of her car. I have not pursued other alternatives.

Reactions: TejasMtnBiker

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm looking for an affordable, waterproof, grill mounted, vehicle battery powered, internal storage, bluetooth connected to smartphone app unit that I don't have to see but can review if there is any sort of incident. I tried a dash cam and I just don't like it sitting there. I stumbled onto a motorcycle cam but the price is just a little too much. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We have something called the Vehicle Blackbox DVR that we got off of Amazon for about $60 and it's a piece of sh**. It's very difficult to program and the Chinese manual is so bad that I've resorted to searching the internet to find a tutorial or something to try to figure it out... and I'm a tech writer by profession!

Ultimately, something happened to the built-in battery, and it will only record for short periods of time before it shuts down. Finally my wife got fed up and yanked it out of her car. I have not pursued other alternatives.
Jay, your review has to be one of the most honest and hilarious ways of describing your cam ever...LOL! Thank you for that laugh during these tedious days. I actually have that model on my wish list on Amazon and I'm very glad first of all that this thread was started and coincidentally you purchased this (not fortunate for you, sorry about that). Now I have to keep looking for another model thats hopefully this economical.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,661 Posts
I actually have that model on my wish list on Amazon and I'm very glad first of all that this thread was started and coincidentally you purchased this (not fortunate for you, sorry about that). Now I have to keep looking for another model thats hopefully this economical.
You can have mine, lol!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dash cams are a must now days, I use an old go-pro but it's a pain to put up/take down 8 times a day driving to an from, so a BIG ty for the reviews

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Rexing V1P with the hardwire kit. Hooked up the front and ran the wire to the fuse box. Works good. Still hesitant on hooking up the rear cam. Dont want to fuss with the rear airbags and wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts