Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on new gen owners if you have towed.
What have you towed? How heavy and how well does the new gearbox handle the load. Especially interesting would be transmission temps.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
We tow all the time, and in fact had to hustle to get the 500 "break-in" miles on it a few days after we bought it so that we could go camping that weekend. We have the 2022 Pathfinder SL with the Premium package (which includes the factory tow package). We tow a 16' Airstream Caravel with a distribution hitch. The trailer weight is 3500 dry, 4300 when the fresh water tank is full. We've towed both dry and full, and I think the Pathfinder performs better when it is dry. Our previous tow vehicle was the 2017 Pathfinder Platinum and it did just ok. I didn't think it had quite enough guts, so when I heard that the 2022 went back to a 9 speed transmission, I jumped on the trade (and got every dime back that I paid for it a year and a half ago to boot because of the supply chain problems.)

The only nitpick I have is that the Pathfinder comes with automatic emergency braking, and when the trailer is hooked up the car sees it as an obstacle when you're backing up. Emergency braking can be turned off by cycling through a four-selection sequence, which has to be done every time the car is re-started. I find it mildly annoying that the car doesn't automatically shut that off, along with the rear sonar when using the "tow" selection.

All around, we are very pleased with this as a tow vehicle for our small trailer. Out of curiosity, what are you planning on towing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts