Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see that most of these posts are a few years old. I had to have both sides of the roof molding replaced on my 2013PF in Nov 2014. I now have to have it done again and guess what it is out of warranty. I called NISSAN and the best they will offer is free parts, I have to pay for labor. Add me to the need to recall list.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wouldn't molding be one of those DIY things? I can't see it being too complicated as it looks to be easily slidable. Maybe I'm wrong...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Our '14 had the driver's side come loose one day on highway and flapping. Took it into dealer and they replaced both sides under warranty.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Had both the plastic roof mouldings replaced today, however, noticed the new ones were missing the rubber strip on both sides which is what was coming loose from the old ones. At first I though all they did was pull the rubber strip out and not replace anything but they showed me the old ones and sure enough the rubber strip was still partly attached to them.

The service advisor was at a loss why the new ones no longer contained rubber seals on either side of the plastic mouldings, he is going to check with Nissan if this is how the new superseded parts are.

I am not to sure, I think they did a half ass job on mine.

Anyone that had theirs replaced recently, can you check if they still have the rubber moulding.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can anyone help me out by taking a look, I have already noticed leaves getting stuck in there with out the rubber seals, so guessing they should be there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2013 and no roof rack to keep these crappy plastic parts attached to the car. As a result my passenger side is on the verge of coming off. I’ll look into calling Nissan because the part is $340 at the dealer and $200 online. I’m really annoyed about this piss poor quality issue & will seriously reconsider buying another Nissan.

Mind if I ask who you contacted at Nissan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried that. I used Gorilla Glue two part epoxy, but without getting it on the paint, there’s not much surface area to bind it to.

·
Registered
459 Posts
the mouldings have clips on them, so if they have popped up, your clips have snapped, another POS product from Nissan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update: I called Nissan of America, and they followed up with our dealer. It took a few conversations with a couple of different parties, but the molding was replaced free :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 and no roof rack to keep these crappy plastic parts attached to the car. As a result my passenger side is on the verge of coming off. I’ll look into calling Nissan because the part is $340 at the dealer and $200 online. I’m really annoyed about this piss poor quality issue & will seriously reconsider buying another Nissan.

Mind if I ask who you contacted at Nissan?

How did you fix the problem. I have to same problem with my 2015 PF now.

·
Registered
2014 R52 Pathfinder Ti (aka Platinum in USA)
13 Posts
Not getting into a debate here, my R52 has this issue too.
I just tucked back in, hasn't been an issue since.
Granted some of may have some issues with your vehicles but is that not the point of the forum, to flag them, share and learn. Would seem a pretty pointless forum if posts went on about a the stuff they do well " Car steers nice....my PF brakes smooth...and so on"
There's good and bad with all mass produced vehicles.
If your vehicle is so bad, how about you sell it and buy something else
Guess what, im betting what you buy has some form of issues too.
You can get a lemon new or second hand in any make.
Personally, I accept the quirks with mine and if they get too bad....ill just sell.
To all those that put the helpful insightful posts, I thank you all.
Cheers

41 - 55 of 55 Posts