Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Do you experience Apple CarPlay wireless connection issues in the 2022 Pathfinder?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm actually a recent convert to Apple phones, having bought an iPhone 13 recently, and having used Android Auto when I first bought the car. Overall, I think I like Android Auto better for the most part, largely because Google Maps and the voice assistant work better on Android, but I digress... One thing I do love about Apple CarPlay is the ability to use it wirelessly in this vehicle. However, it seems that after a few drives, the phone will stop connecting to the car, and I have to resort to the wired connection. It seems that I'm definitely not alone in experiencing this issue, and also that the issue seems to exist on non-Nissan vehicles as well, pointing to it being an issue inherent to Apple CarPlay. Anyway, there are surely lots of 2022 Pathfinder owners here who are using Apple CarPlay wirelessly -- have any of you found a good routine for minimizing or eliminating the connection issues?

I'm also adding a poll to get a sense of how many people are experiencing this issue.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL
38 Posts
I'm actually a recent convert to Apple phones, having bought an iPhone 13 recently, and having used Android Auto when I first bought the car. Overall, I think I like Android Auto better for the most part, largely because Google Maps and the voice assistant work better on Android, but I digress... One thing I do love about Apple CarPlay is the ability to use it wirelessly in this vehicle. However, it seems that after a few drives, the phone will stop connecting to the car, and I have to resort to the wired connection. It seems that I'm definitely not alone in experiencing this issue, and also that the issue seems to exist on non-Nissan vehicles as well, pointing to it being an issue inherent to Apple CarPlay. Anyway, there are surely lots of 2022 Pathfinder owners here who are using Apple CarPlay wirelessly -- have any of you found a good routine for minimizing or eliminating the connection issues?

I'm also adding a poll to get a sense of how many people are experiencing this issue.
I use Android Auto with the AAWireless dongle I purchased last year. My wife is the Apple fan and has similar connection issues with wireless CarPlay in her 2021 Rogue. She claims 95% consistency with it. Sounds more like an Apple CarPlay problem than one with Nissan to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I feel less alone! I deleted my phone from the car connection many times but despite that I Never know if wireless CarPlay will be on when I start my car. It is completely random so hard to predict or identify a pattern. But it is really annoying. Maybe Nissan has an issue with wireless technology because I can’t say it is working great. Got it replaced by dealership and charging also stops randomly.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
105 Posts
Both CarPlay and Android Auto have their quirks. A lot of folks complaining about dropped connections or random restarts. If you like Android Auto, there are USB dongles like the one Hizhonor mentioned (AAWireles) that allow you to connect wirelessly. If you can't find a solution to the CarPlay issues you're seeing, might be worth a try. :geek:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Easiest fix is to get rid of the apple device. For some reason apple just does not play well with others when it comes to modern car tech. Quick way to find out if it's the car is to connect an Android device after you know everything has been updated and is compatible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts