Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new Pathfinder owner. No, I don't have the latest and greatest Nissan rolling off the line, I went the other direction. I'm the second owner of a 2001 pathfinder se 4wd & 168k on the clock. Frame condition is 9/10, interior is 8/10, body has some cancer so 6/10 and over all I'm satisfied. So as a noob to the R50 platform, I've got some learning to do. Already changed tranny filter and fluid, changed break fluid (it looked like coffee before the change), I've not checked the transfer case nor the rear differential yet but that's coming in short order.

The issue I'm having problems with is trying to find a hinge kit for the front drivers door. The door is sagging and I can't seem to locate an appropriate hinge fix or pin kit. Anyone have some hacks or work arounds for this issue?
The door catch is slowly being milled away by the catch and I'd like to fix it correctly instead of some rigged or jigged method.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Sincerely.
Phillyrock

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,093 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Where is it worn? Is it the pin or does the hinge moves where it attaches to the door and body?
Those hinges can be adjusted to a certain degree. Loosen the 3 or 4 bolts that attach the door to the door frame (both hinges), open the door about 30 degrees and lift it (car jack or someone helping). Tighten it back while holding it up.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,093 Posts
I guess the way to fix it is to remove the hinge, find a new slightly larger pin and drill the current hinge to match it.
What I first suggested won't fix the play in the hinge but might still raise the door enough. Years ago I was able to level a door on a Mazda 626 doing this.
Other than that is trying to find a donor car at a local scrap car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts