Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a frequent lurker here both while doing research and since I bought my Pathfinder (Mocha Stone Platinum Premium). I've read just about every review available on the Pathfinder, and most rate the Pathfinder's styling somewhere between "inoffensive/boring" to "feminine/horrid/minivan". Maybe it's because I don't rate cars on a daily basis, but I think the Pathfinder is a beautiful car. Most of my friends who have been in it have raved about the styling, both inside and out. While certainy not as rugged as the previous model, I consider the styling more luxurious, classy, and refined than most other vehicles in its class (Traverse, Explorer, Highlander, etc.) In fact, I'd rank it behind only the Audi Q7 as far as appearance goes, and on par with the Mercedes GL, BMW X5, and the Touareg, and those are considerably more expensive SUVs. And yes, that means I like the looks better than the JX-35! I think the grille and the rear windows of the JX are overdone, and the interior is close enough to be negligible.

Does anyone else agree, or are my tastes that out of whack with the rest of the world?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like it. It doesn't have a bunch of led's around the headlights to remind you to take down the Christmas lights.

Harvey

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I like the styling as well. Much more refined than most of its competitors, save for the new Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The styling is dynamic and does not look like everything else on the road. It is also a modern shaped vehicle. Just like everything else you see on the road out there, funky at first, and then the shape grows on you.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi all. I'm a frequent lurker here both while doing research and since I bought my Pathfinder (Mocha Stone Platinum Premium). I've read just about every review available on the Pathfinder, and most rate the Pathfinder's styling somewhere between "inoffensive/boring" to "feminine/horrid/minivan". Maybe it's because I don't rate cars on a daily basis, but I think the Pathfinder is a beautiful car. Most of my friends who have been in it have raved about the styling, both inside and out. While certainy not as rugged as the previous model, I consider the styling more luxurious, classy, and refined than most other vehicles in its class (Traverse, Explorer, Highlander, etc.) In fact, I'd rank it behind only the Audi Q7 as far as appearance goes, and on par with the Mercedes GL, BMW X5, and the Touareg, and those are considerably more expensive SUVs. And yes, that means I like the looks better than the JX-35! I think the grille and the rear windows of the JX are overdone, and the interior is close enough to be negligible.

Does anyone else agree, or are my tastes that out of whack with the rest of the world?
Preaching to the choir buddy lol. None of us would be on this forum or buy a PF if we didn't find it to be an attractive car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree, its second only to the beautiful Ford Flex, much better looking than the GM/Chev crossovers. I'm actually starting to get tired of the repetitive crossover styling so I'm really digging the uniqueness of the Flex, and the refreshed '14 Durango, but the Pathfinder is right up there at the top of the list in terms of styling.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
That almost made me spit my coffee out lol
Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm wondering when Ford is going to make the Flex Family Truckster: Griswold Edition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Beauty is definitely in the eyes of the beholder.

I'm wondering when Ford is going to make the Flex Family Truckster: Griswold Edition.
That's exactly what the Flex is, just a more modern version of the old classic family wagon!! It's perfect, and without the annoying styling of every crossover, with the swoopy rear end, small windows, poor visibility and head room. The Flex has large wrap-around windows, great visibility, great looks and **** good efficiency averging over 20 mpg's for drivers, very close to that of the Pathfinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts