Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 platinum and I have a sizeable subwoofer system (4 15s on 5k watts) and I definitely need to install a custom high output alternator sooner than later.

Everything I read online says that to get to the alternator you have to remove the radiator, and the couple dealerships and even small local shops I called all quoted me at 6 hours to do the swap.

Is there any easier way to do this myself and not risk having to give up halfway and get it towed to an actual shop for them to finish the job anyway?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,066 Posts
Check some youtube videos. Looks like some guys have been able to remove/replace the alternator on 2013+ pathfinders through the right front fender well. Remove wheel. Remove fender liner. Get power steering line(s) out of the way. Shift A/C compressor out of the way w/out disconnecting lines and you should have access to the 3 bolts and be able to get the alternator out. You can guarantee this is the way the shops that charge you 5-6hrs labor are doing it and getting the job done in an hour or two.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yep, they suck. You either take the fan assembly out (and maybe the radiator) and pull it out if the top, or move the ac and go through the side. Sometimes you have to lower the front subframe a little to sneak it out. There is a coolant line that runs from the oil filter housing that is usually total rust and you are guaranteed to break it. Either way, I'd have two gallons of coolant ready.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts