Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the car out of state but live in a rear plate only state, sound familiar? Rather than wait two+ Months to wait for another loaded car with white/charcoal combo I just went with it anyway (yes the ugly bracket drilled in bothered me that much!) Thankfully I found this great chrome pathfinder logo mini-plate from car-id site that really dresses up the bumper nicely (Also sold at dealer but likely special order.) After installing I was really happy with the way it dresses up the bumper, looks sharp, and helps to cut down on the question "is that really a pathfinder?" I would have added a bracket to do this upgrade anyway in hindsight.

Would this be an option for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks nice. Our state currently requires a front plate as well but here in a few months we are getting it titled in my home state since I'm military. Our current state was much less for the sales tax so just had to initially license it here.

What site did you purchase it from?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the link to Purchase: AutoGold® PAT.N.CCM - Nissan Pathfinder 1986-2014 3D Chrome Pathfinder Logo on Chrome Mini Size License Plate

Description: 3D Chrome Pathfinder Logo on Chrome Mini Size License Plate (PAT.N.CCM) by Autogold®. Custom License Plates stamped from polished stainless, with the vehicle name in 3D graphics. Add a little bling to your exterior. 4"x12" size mini-size plate for display in addition to regular license plate. Hardware included. Snap cap hidden hardware included for easy installation and theft prevention. Can’t ever rust or flake.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Here is the link to Purchase: AutoGold® PAT.N.CCM - Nissan Pathfinder 1986-2014 3D Chrome Pathfinder Logo on Chrome Mini Size License Plate

Description: 3D Chrome Pathfinder Logo on Chrome Mini Size License Plate (PAT.N.CCM) by Autogold®. Custom License Plates stamped from polished stainless, with the vehicle name in 3D graphics. Add a little bling to your exterior. 4"x12" size mini-size plate for display in addition to regular license plate. Hardware included. Snap cap hidden hardware included for easy installation and theft prevention. Can’t ever rust or flake.
Awesome, that is the best thing to have. It's like what Nissan themselves would use on vehicles at car shows.

Looking forward to pic's of this on our pathfinders :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Would it not look cleaner if you just removed the plate bracket entirely? The holes should be easy to fill in. You might even be able to complain to the dealership about the holes and they could fill it in for you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would it not look cleaner if you just removed the plate bracket entirely? The holes should be easy to fill in. You might even be able to complain to the dealership about the holes and they could fill it in for you.
Good thought so I went and took a close a look at both the front bumpers of my cars with the bracket to see how this could work. If I were to remove the bracket the mini-plates would sit at a notable angle because of the curve of the bumper which would give me a wind upward pull. The bracket wraps around the curve of the bumbers nicely and allows the plate to be mounted perfectly vertical with strong back support to guard against this. I fear the strong draft in the front at highway speeds would slowly bend and twist screws as well.

·
Registered
234 Posts
What would you fill the holes in with? Just curious...I hate that my dealer drilled this **** thing on and I'm in a no front plate state.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
You can use some bondo and fill it in and touch it up with some touch up paint.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
What would you fill the holes in with? Just curious...I hate that my dealer drilled this **** thing on and I'm in a no front plate state.
You can use some bondo and fill it in and touch it up with some touch up paint.
This is probably one of the only ways to go about it.

Sucks all new pathfinders comes like this, would be better if they give us the option to not have a front plate drilled in, rather have us request it,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts