Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was the first time I attempted to wash the car in my driveway. It has a feature where the alarm will chime if there is movement to warn the intruder before the alarm goes off. When washing the car, though, I’d like to disable this feature and could not figure how or even if possible. Even spraying the car up close set it off. Some things I tried:

• Put the key inside and turned on the power (without starting car)
  • Moved the key away from the car thinking it was chiming from the key being in my pocket
  • Made sure the locks were unlocked (user manual says alarm only activates when car is locked)
  • Hit the unlock on the remote when I heard the warning go off
  • Looked through all vehicle settings and could not find an option to disable
All of these attempts failed and caused me to have to pause washing many times so that the Alarm did not go completely on with horn blaring.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This morning was the first time I attempted to wash the car in my driveway. It has a feature where the alarm will chime if there is movement to warn the intruder before the alarm goes off. When washing the car, though, I’d like to disable this feature and could not figure how or even if possible. Even spraying the car up close set it off. Some things I tried:

• Put the key inside and turned on the power (without starting car)
  • Moved the key away from the car thinking it was chiming from the key being in my pocket
  • Made sure the locks were unlocked (user manual says alarm only activates when car is locked)
  • Hit the unlock on the remote when I heard the warning go off
  • Looked through all vehicle settings and could not find an option to disable
All of these attempts failed and caused me to have to pause washing many times so that the Alarm did not go completely on with horn blaring.

Any ideas?
My 2022 PF Plat has the same problem. It happens randomly for no apparent reason. The horn and lights start to flash when the vehicle is sitting in the driveway with no one near it. Unlocking the doors will stop it. There must be a way to lock the doors without setting the alert.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 2WD
17 Posts
I just observed this as well. I pulled up next to the garage to wash my Pathfinder, and I left the key fob sitting in the cupholder. Whenever I sprayed water on any of the four doors, a warning beep was continuously sounded. I thought it was a phone ringing at first.

After I removed my key from the console and put it in my pocket, the warning beeps stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts