Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my other car if I forget to lock the car, the alarm will arm after 10 - 15 minutes but the doors will not be locked. I don't think my Pathfinder does that. Is this something that can be enabled? Since everything is through key detection I always forget to lock the car because I rarely take out my keys. How do you guys remember to lock it?

·
Registered
234 Posts
On my other car if I forget to lock the car, the alarm will arm after 10 - 15 minutes but the doors will not be locked. I don't think my Pathfinder does that. Is this something that can be enabled? Since everything is through key detection I always forget to lock the car because I rarely take out my keys. How do you guys remember to lock it?
I always just press the door handle button when closing/opening door. It's just a part of my routine.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to train myself. My other car uses keys so I am used to using the key fob all the time to unlock and lock cars. But I noticed that on the pathfinder I always open the door with the door switch because if I grab the handle and it doesn't open I automatically press the button on the door. But when I step out I just walk away and forget to lock. I have to work on this... Wish it could just lock by itself when I walk away from it or at least the alarm would arm.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There are many cars that do this.

I'm not 100% if the Pathfinder doesn't have this. It might be disabled. I'm not sure though.

I have seen this on many other cars.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Would be cool if we had more control over a feature like this, controlling it's setting through the infotainment system would be ideal as it's all software based and wouldn't be any need for dedicated dials or w/e. I know for sure if I had control over the auto lock timing, it would be within 20-30 seconds of leaving the vehicle.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that lexus does the auto-arming and maybe it also auto-locks. I'm sure other cars have this too. My 11+YEAR OLD, 2002 BMW 325 auto-arms the alarm system (but doesn't lock) if the key is not put into the ignition for I think about 1 minute. I figured if they had this technology 11+ years ago it would be on a 2013 car for sure but I was wrong.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would be cool if we had more control over a feature like this, controlling it's setting through the infotainment system would be ideal as it's all software based and wouldn't be any need for dedicated dials or w/e. I know for sure if I had control over the auto lock timing, it would be within 20-30 seconds of leaving the vehicle.

That's what I am wishing for maybe in a software update. Come on, Nissan Reps, read this post but with my luck it's probably an option ONLY on the INFINITY JX. They have to keep the luxury brand different somehow...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do any current cars have this kind of system? I can't think of any.
I had a 2007 Corvette which has this sort of system. When you leave and close the door, and the car detects no fob inside, the doors automatically lock and the alarm is armed. This can be turned off via a config option.

There is an 8 second delay before the car locks; there is no way to change this interval as far as I know.

With my new PF, I have to train myself to reach back and hit the button to lock the car. It was much easier to just walk away without thinking about it.

I'll get over it. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Does this thing lock automatically

So I was standing in the garage yesterday and the PathFinder was standing right outside the garage door with its tailgate towards the garage door. I unlocked the car and was waiting for my daughter to come out of the house while looking around the garage for something. The garage door was open and then all of a sudden I heard a "click" from the PathFinder and the doors locked themselves. I didn't believe it so I unlocked them again by pressing the "unlock" button on the intelligent remote. I waited about a minute, maybe a little more and then it clicked again and the doors locked again. Now I am totally puzzled because before the doors would never lock by themselves. Is this happening because I was standing behind the car with the intelligent key in my pocket? Can anyone confirm this?? What did I do that it all of a sudden started locking by itself??? Maybe this happens if the car detects that I never opened a door since I unlocked the car using the intelligent key??

·
Registered
234 Posts
Per the manual, page 3-13....

All doors will be locked automatically unless one of the following operations is performed within 1 minute after pushing the request switch.
● Opening any door.
● Pushing the ignition switch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts