Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my wife a used 2017 Platinum with under 30k miles, WAY cheaper than buying new now days! She heard something rattling driving back from the airport the other day, figured out it was the air deflector for the rear tire. Looks like the inner trim panel fastener broke and caused it to flap around at highway speeds. Took a closer look and apparently the original owner ripped the other one completely off and has been missing since we bought the vehicle. The part is like $30 do I really need it/what does it do as it appears to be easily damaged/broken. If it is just for aerodynamics I will decline replacement, but if it blocks road salt from accumulating on the underside of the vehicle I probably would. Any guidance, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Part #62823-9NJ0A

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,616 Posts
I hear you. I have no ideal what those are supposed to deflect. They're somehow sill in place on my 2019 w/ 75K miles on it. I may have had to replace one or two of the plastic push fasteners on them, although I may be mixing that up with our previous Nissan, a 2016 Quest that had the same type of deflector.

More importantly on that 2017, keep up on engine oil changes, change the CVT fluid and T-case oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts