Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to aim the head lights. I recently added super whites and it seems my passenger side is lower than the driver side .

Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does anyone know how to aim the head lights. I recently added super whites and it seems my passenger side is lower than the driver side .

Thanks for the help :)
its really easy! behind the high beam housing in engine bay you will see a light gray round wheel about the size of a half dollar. It has two round gears facing each other that are connected by teeth in the middle. At the back end of wheel you will see a nut that is bonded with wheel that you can turn to adjust lights. I don't remember exactly whether clockwise turns the headlight up or other way around. I was fortunate not to have Adjust my HID's after install but i could see how there might be slight variances from factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quick question...

If the headlight was not out of line until you replaced the bulb is there any chance you installed it upside down? There is a divot in the bulb that can easily cause the headlight to look out of line when the actual bulb is out of line with the housing....just a thought.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Don't the headlight bulbs usually install one way only?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't the headlight bulbs usually install one way only?
Technically yes but it is possible to do.

I've installed many of the aftermarket bulbs and they typically will fit upside down. Not that I am saying that is what happened...just a possibility.

(IDK if this forum allows posting of these images, pardom me if it doesn't work :))

There is a flat section you can see on this H1 retrofit bulb are easy to install incorrectly, and since you would pull out a halogen bulb (no blue pole) there is no point of reference, it will technically install but its alignment will be off. I know the OP installed standard halogen replacements but the concept is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts