Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed the aftermarket CarPlay in your Pathfinder? Researching some different options and would like to get some input from this awesome forum.
Thank you in advance, y'all have a great day!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had this one installed in our Pathfinder - very easy to use. Glad to finally have CarPlay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I added Unavi kit about a month ago to my 2017 Pathfinder SL touchscreen, no navigation or nissan connect. I took my time, watched the videos and pdf instructions. I added a USB plug in the console glovebox. I think the installation went well. It works well with both Android Auto and Carplay. I looked Navik and other solutions and adding a wheel with no touch screen interface is clunky and not well thought out. UNAVI seems like the closest to a factory integration of anything else out there. No dangling wires or drilling other than the glove box add of the USB plug. So it looks nice. Best option I found! Retains all factory functionality.

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guys , I’ve been wanting to install on my 2017 pathfinder Sl with Bose audio and factory navigation but to scared cus lots of ppl havin different issues with it , can anyone have any video of how it works , as u all know that all sellers will show videos that do not have glitches or issues , or how hard is to install , I’m pretty good on installing, it just the performance of the product, id really appreciate it

·
Registered
77 Posts
I also had the Unavi setup installed in my 2020 Pathfinder. It works great and they have awesome customer service.
Do u mind if u can send a short video maybe private message, that how it’s works and how did u route the usb cable etc , I’m about to buy one from unavi

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had Unavi install it at their shop in Tustin CA. They routed the cable into the center console and switched out the cigarette lighter port for the USB port for the connection. I can send u a pic if you like as well as a link to a video they sent me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had Unavi install it at their shop in Tustin CA. They routed the cable into the center console and switched out the cigarette lighter port for the USB port for the connection. I can send u a pic if you like as well as a link to a video they sent me.
Yes please, if u don’t mind to send a picture and a video , whichever works for u better phone or email or here private message

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you select the AUX source the sound is routed through the car speakers for media using Carplay. Also if your phone is connected via Bluetooth call and message audio will be routed to the car speakers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you select the AUX source the sound is routed through the car speakers for media using Carplay. Also if your phone is connected via Bluetooth call and message audio will be routed to the car speakers.
[/QUOTE

Thanks a lot appreciated It , I have to look and find a installer cus I’m kind of scared doing my self

·
Registered
8 Posts
The UNAVI system is literally an add-on. The back button on the steering wheel allows you to switch between Carplay and the original Pathfinder touchscreen functions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I lucked out that their shop is close to me. They are a good group of guys. If you call them Pedro and Daniel are very helpful. They might be able to suggest someone near you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
When I type dealer/installer locator it brings my closest Nissan dealer that they are unavi installer, that’s 2.30 min from me , I’m going to call the dealer and make sure they do it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts