Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

I am researching aftermarket options to replace the factory screen as it leaves a lot to be desired. I have found verticle tesla like screens that claim to retain most factory functionality. The one thing I am struggling to verify is how the arouns view monitor might play into things. I have read other nissan vehicles like the titan have thwir arround view system output a standard video signal and this any aftermarket unit can take it. You just dont have the ability to switch views beyond the initial split screen view when switching to reverse. I have read other places and nissan vehicles that say this is not the case and your around view monitor will cease to function.

Yet, despite all that I can find, I have found nothing much on pathfinders besides 2012 and older or pathfinders that had the lowest radio level making this a moot point.

Has anyone messed with their factory radio to give me some insight on this if you messed with the camera system (trying to keep all 4 cameras of course?)

I should note: I havent been able to tear my dash apart yet and see for myself and wont be able to for a while to come. Im just researching right nkw because I can at least do that.

I appreciate any thoughts. If you say it wont work, please tell me why if you know. Im wondering if certain obsticals can be overcome with a little bravery, extreme care and hacking whats required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BUMP!
I just bought a 2018 pathfinder sv used and the entertainment center is about the same as my 2008 acura mdx lol. Ive seen this "tesla" screen advertised on google, but it looks like a horrible quality chinese off brand system that i find hard to trust (Although it would look amazing if it were legit). I really miss apple car play, and i just want something that can still use my back up camera and other functions while allowing me to use my phone as well. Let me know if you decide to install this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts