Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all i have an SV Pathfinder without the auto dimming rear view mirror. just wondering if the wire hooks up to a plug in the fornt of the headliner or do you have to run a cable or harness. Any thought.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is this cable pulling really required? I've never seen that with a car that had power to the headliner. You can't just splice into an existing wire?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Is this cable pulling really required? I've never seen that with a car that had power to the headliner. You can't just splice into an existing wire?
I'll go ahead and answer this one myself since I just completed installation.

The mirror/compass only need power when the car is on, but the homelink needs power even when it's off. The wire running actually isn't too bad though. The hardest parts are getting the a-pillar trim off (and back on), and securing the wire behind the cabin fuse box.

Overall, it only took a couple of hours, costed less than $200, and was DEFINITELY worth it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The mirror/compass only need power when the car is on, but the homelink needs power even when it's off.
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I'm wondering why the homelink component needs constant power. If there isn't constant power, will the homelink programming get erased?

If I tap into the wires in the headliner the power will be on either when the vehicle is running, or the accessory switch is on. Which is fine... I won't be opening or closing the garage when the Pathfinder isn't running anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts