Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The accessory mode of my brand new 2019 Pathfinder automatically shuts off after about 10 minutes to save the battery. Is it normal for it to be this short? The battery did need to be replaced right away because it wasn't holding enough charge to even start the engine.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,010 Posts
That's perfectly normal. Why not just turn the ignition on if you need more time?

If you just bought your 2019 brand new, it could have been on a lot since 2018. That can effect battery life as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The place where I spend most of my time sitting in the car (on a ferry) doesn't permit me to run the engine. Otherwise, obviously, that's what I'd do.

If that's the expected run time for the Pathfinder battery, then ok. I'm just used to cars that can run the radio for a lot longer on battery. Though maybe they couldn't, but the cars just weren't smart enough to do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I didn't suggest running the engine. I suggested turning the ignition to on/run.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I didn't suggest running the engine. I suggested turning the ignition to on/run.
Either way it would still shut off after a few minutes (at least thats what mine does) I don't know if they updated this for the new models, but from what it seems they haven't.

Honestly this is super annoying in my case when I want to do some tailgating and have my radio on and not my engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The accessory mode of my brand new 2019 Pathfinder automatically shuts off after about 10 minutes to save the battery. Is it normal for it to be this short? The battery did need to be replaced right away because it wasn't holding enough charge to even start the engine.
Have you tried going into the settings in the center dash screen and turn off battery saver mode?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I should poke around in the OM, but from what I've read online, one of the work around on this battery saver "feature" is to keep a door open/ajar or put the hazard lights on. This will prevent this wonderful off go the lights feature.

Reactions: timaltima

·
Registered
324 Posts
I should poke around in the OM, but from what I've read online, one of the work around on this battery saver "feature" is to keep a door open/ajar or put the hazard lights on. This will prevent this wonderful off go the lights feature.
I tried the door open thing and that does not work, haven't tried the hazzard light option though. Might try that tomorrow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the door open thing and that does not work, haven't tried the hazzard light option though. Might try that tomorrow
Oz, I did find the battery saver setting, and can confirm that turning it off will do the trick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts