Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 pathfinder sv 2wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Anyone else here experienced a delay between flooring the pedal and power going to the wheels? My 22 pathfinder sv 2wd has a 1.5 second delay in all modes. It's annoying as all get-up and the dealer acknowledges it is a real thing, they even had a Nissan engineer drive it and he felt it too. But of course there is no fix for it as Nissan allegedly hasn't heard about it yet. It's my 4th Nissan (second pathfinder) and the first one I've had issues with, disappointing to say the least. 2nd service call tomorrow, don't think they'll have a remedy. One more for the same issue and it qualifies for CA lemon law status, although I really just want it to run as advertised. It's a good looking machine, comfortable, well appointed and handles well, except for the aforementioned issue.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,478 Posts
What I've experienced in the past 20 years with vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control is just how you describe. If you suddenly floor the gas pedal, there IS going to be a slight delay, which is likely built in to a degree as a safety measure. Normal throttle inputs shouldn't result in any appreciable delay.

If you're getting a 1.5 second delay every time you touch the gas pedal in drive, now that's a problem. When you pursued this with the dealer, did you drive other 2022's on their lot to see if they all do it? Did they do a throttle re-learn procedure on your 2022? (can probably youtube that one and DIY) Did they look into it with any diagnostic equipment at all?

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,370 Posts
Although it is disappointing to not have the issue fixed, keep in mind that they might not know how to fix something that hasn't presented before.
At least it was replicated and acknowledged. Make sure you open a case with Nissan and they will look into it. It might take some time but you need to keep pushing.
They usually swap parts until they find the right one when it is on the customer's dime, Nissan won't pay the dealer to do that.

·
Registered
2022 pathfinder sv 2wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I've experienced in the past 20 years with vehicles equipped with electronic throttle control is just how you describe. If you suddenly floor the gas pedal, there IS going to be a slight delay, which is likely built in to a degree as a safety measure. Normal throttle inputs shouldn't result in any appreciable delay.

If you're getting a 1.5 second delay every time you touch the gas pedal in drive, now that's a problem. When you pursued this with the dealer, did you drive other 2022's on their lot to see if they all do it? Did they do a throttle re-learn procedure on your 2022? (can probably youtube that one and DIY) Did they look into it with any diagnostic equipment at all?
Well it's in for service right now due to another problem. Driving to work Saturday morning I canceled pro pilot assist to maneuver around traffic, switched to sport mode, floored it and everything lit up on the dash while the speed rapidly dropped to 30 mph from 75. I limped off the freeway on the shoulder, thank goodness traffic was light. After I switched off and restarted everything cleared except the check engine light. Have to wonder if these two issues aren't related. 2300 miles on the clock.
Speedometer Car Tachometer Odometer Gauge
Car Light Vehicle Gauge Automotive design

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,478 Posts
Well thank goodness you switched it to sport mode before slamming the go pedal to the floor. I'm kidding....

I wouldn't be surprised if your issues are caused by nothing more than low system voltage due to a weak/failing battery. I think we've heard of this a few times now on new 2022's.

·
Registered
2022 pathfinder sv 2wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thank goodness you switched it to sport mode before slamming the go pedal to the floor. I'm kidding....

I wouldn't be surprised if your issues are caused by nothing more than low system voltage due to a weak/failing battery. I think we've heard of this a few times now on new 2022's.

My fluke 77 DVM gave me 14.42 vdc across the terminals yesterday, so I don't think that's the issue. It could be a current draw issue with the battery, but that's a tougher nut to Crack. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer, they've had it almost 5 hours now. We'll see.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,370 Posts
Well it's in for service right now due to another problem. Driving to work Saturday morning I canceled pro pilot assist to maneuver around traffic, switched to sport mode, floored it and everything lit up on the dash while the speed rapidly dropped to 30 mph from 75. I limped off the freeway on the shoulder, thank goodness traffic was light. After I switched off and restarted everything cleared except the check engine light. Have to wonder if these two issues aren't related. 2300 miles on the clock. View attachment 16785 View attachment 16786
A vehicle losing power can be considered a safety issue and I encourage you to report it to the NHTSA.
Nissan had to issue a recall for the sticky brake relay on the R52 which caused sudden power loss.

·
Registered
2022 pathfinder sv 2wd
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A vehicle losing power can be considered a safety issue and I encourage you to report it to the NHTSA.
Nissan had to issue a recall for the sticky brake relay on the R52 which caused sudden power loss.
An update; vehicle is back from the dealer. New battery (as I suspected, current issues resulting in low crank amps) but with voltage fine. Seems Nissan got a whole batch of bad ones. The big news though is the ECM module was faulting. This module controls torque management and engine RPM. A new module was fitted and reprogrammed along with a new battery. It is now a much smoother acceleration curve and a smaller delay from foot down to power to the wheels. As was mentioned before electronic throttle control will always have a slight delay. Nissan is taking the module back to analyze it. It could be hardware or software or both. There may be a recall soon regarding this. I'm still debating about contacting the NHTSB. What do you guys think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts