Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
The 10 amp fuse is on the 12 volt DC side of the inverter, not on the AC side. They could have made that a little clearer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The power outlet, according to the video below, is rated at 120 volts 150 watts 10 amps.
120 volts @ 10 amps is 1200 watts. So what is the correct wattage of the output?
According to the service manual, the AC Power outlet is rated at 120 V, 150 Watts max. 15 AMP max.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the service manual, the AC Power outlet is rated at 120 V, 150 Watts max. 15 AMP max.
I don't see that in the service manual. Are you referring to the owner's manual and if so what chapter / page? If it is 15 AMP's at 120 V than the wattage should be 1800 Watts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't see that in the service manual. Are you referring to the owner's manual and if so what chapter / page? If it is 15 AMP's at 120 V than the wattage should be 1800 Watts.
It's in the service manual. Section M: Electrical and Power Control, PWO - Power Outlet. Page PWO-35, Service Data and Specifications.

Rated voltage AC 120 V
Maximum electric capacity 150 W or less (Total)
Maximum current Up to 15 A (Total)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I agree that by default the amp rating is on the DC side, as there are no way the PF outlet would support same rating as your average household outlet. Plus it would need a inverter the size of a 18 pack of beer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's in the service manual. Section M: Electrical and Power Control, PWO - Power Outlet. Page PWO-35, Service Data and Specifications.

Rated voltage AC 120 V
Maximum electric capacity 150 W or less (Total)
Maximum current Up to 15 A (Total)
I guess I don't have that book!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I stand corrected. The schematic shows a 15 AMP DC fuse from the battery to the inverter, and a separate 10 AMP DC fuse from the power switch (which I assume does not feed power to the inverter, but rather is used to enable the inverter only).

According to an on-line calculator, a 15 A DC @ 12VDC circuit can provide 1.3 A AC with a 120 VAC inverter. Doesn't sound like it will drive much does it? However, if you do the math (1.3 A AC x 120 VAC = 156 W AC), it comes out in the ball park that Nissan said it would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I stand corrected. The schematic shows a 15 AMP DC fuse from the battery to the inverter, and a separate 10 AMP DC fuse from the power switch (which I assume does not feed power to the inverter, but rather is used to enable the inverter only).

According to an on-line calculator, a 15 A DC @ 12VDC circuit can provide 1.3 A AC with a 120 VAC inverter. Doesn't sound like it will drive much does it? However, if you do the math (1.3 A AC x 120 VAC = 156 W AC), it comes out in the ball park that Nissan said it would.
That is exactly what has happened and it is misleading, possibly dangerous if somebody overloads the circuit. So 150 watts it is!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I really wish that they would have upped that a bit, I think the major point of it is laptops and video games and being in the middle row I would assume more towards video games I think the only system that can run off of that is a wii, even the super slim ps3 dials in at 190w for the cost of the vehicle they should have over engineered those components a bit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know it's an older thread, but does anyone know if my 120v center console (rear part) is also max 30Amps? My manual says "Do not use double adaptors or more than one electrical accessory."

I wanted to get a dual-usb charger for 2 ipads, but did not want to damage anything. The charger does 2.4Amps each plug.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts