Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a soon to be owner of a Pathfinder. I look forward to learning a lot from you all. I do hope to find out a lot about towing a travel trailer and just living day to day with our new set of wheels. Having been very happy with our Altima for the past 12 years and for several years with a Frontier we expect to do just fine with the Pathfinder, but I’m not too old or proud to learn.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,418 Posts
to the forum! What year and trim level do you have your eyes on? Go into this with eyes wide open, as some former Nissan owners have reported problems with Pathfinders that they never experienced with their other vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,576 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

This might be the last year of the R52 Pathfinder as we know it, the 2021 is supposed to be completely redesigned and most importantly, a regular automatic transmission instead of a CVT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our (excellent) salesman at DeLand Nissan told us before our purchase that Nissan will no longer make the Pathfinder, so we have a museum piece. More reason to take good care of the car. It’s very nice so far, 13 miles on the odometer, but already shows that its ride is not as smooth and quiet as our trade, a hybrid Highlander with 194k on the dial. The PF is much more of a TV, of course. Anyway, we are off and running as Pathfinder owners now, and we can turn our attention to sorting camping trailers <6000#.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,418 Posts
Our (excellent) salesman at DeLand Nissan told us before our purchase that Nissan will no longer make the Pathfinder, so we have a museum piece.
Well, then he got you off on your start with a lie. Nissan has no plans to discontinue the Pathfinder. With a new non-CVT transmission, it will likely become the R53 platform.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm. I’ll ask about that. Also, I need to find out what the “R53 platform“ means. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
715 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the purchase.

My only concerns here are your expectations of this vehicle are likely to be nothing like the highlander or frontier. Both of those are at a whole 'nother level in terms of proven long term reliability. The 2013-2020 Pathfinder? Not so much. You never know though. You hear of those who get close to 200K miles with them w/out much issue, then you hear of others who are having CVT, drivetrain, HVAC or electrical issues in under 30K miles. Unfortunately most folks come here with problems.

My take on the PF is they are a lot of versatile vehicle for the money when purchased used, because Nissan has very poor resale value. That's why I own my 2019 Pathfinder that I bought used in the fall of 2019 for under $24K. I would never recommend someone buy a new PF.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nissan might be changing the name if he told you that 2020 is the last model year. Just like they did with the Nissan Juke by replacing the name with Kicks (which I believe was a terrible choice). After such horrible reviews with the R52, maybe they are looking for a fresh start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts