Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for letting us know. This is tough to hear - it must be tougher to live with.
Since you plan on trading it in, what are you thinking of picking up next?
Not another Pathfinder. I'm looking at the Hyundai Palisade, Ford Explorer and the VW Altas, for now. Right now, everything is special order. Crappy time to be making a change!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Curios on the A/C issue. I thought it was just different on mine when I got it. Seems to take longer to cool down, even in the shade, compared to my 2017 PF. Hopefully not an indicator of trouble to come...
I bought the car August 23rd, and I live in Maine, so I didn't really use the AC much after I initially bought it. I questioned the AC and the ventilated seats 3 weeks after I got the car because it seems to be taking a while to cool and the seats weren't really cooling. At that point, I was told, "There are temperature sensors everywhere and everything is being regulated that way." I would get it checked out, if I were you. Leaking Freon is REALLY bad for the environment!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Curious to see how the reliability holds up compared to prior gen, because the car is def a looker. Would love to see Nissan get their act together.

An AC issue already brewing isn't good news, especially since Nissan has been sitting on known issues lately (prior gen pathfinder radiator fan, prior gen rogue transmission and air box issues)
I live in the north - I haven't needed my AC until last week. They told me that it's just my car and one other car that they've sold that have the issue. I was also told it was a design flaw in the parts, so it can't just be 2 cars. This winter my I was also having problems with the front blowers randomly not working. I would have to start the car, turn the fan up all the way (to make sure they are working), and if not, I had to restart the car a few times for the blowers to turn on. Every time I took it in I was told, "The car is functioning as Nissan intended to." I totally believe that. I have also had issues with the front collision system kicking on and applying brakes randomly, with nothing around me. When I dropped the car off for the AC problem, they gave me a 22 Maxima to drive for a day, and the front collision system kicked on, with nothing around me. This is Nissan programming problem. My front collision system DIDN'T kick on when a turkey ran out in from of me last month! And, I don't know what's up with Nissan navigation, but it does not get me to where I want to go!

It kills me to get rid of this car because it is SOOOO nice! Every other car I am trying out does not even compare the interior trim or the quiet ride or the way it handles. Besides the AC issue, all of my problems are electrical. They could just do a programming update and fix all the problems. I wish they would get their act together, too!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,541 Posts
Oh no - I picked my PF up on March 30. Haven't needed to use the air conditioner as yet.
You can bet my antennae with be up now that I've read about these issues!
It's been used. On any/all HVAC settings, if the ambient temperature allows it, the a/c compressor will cycle to keep the cabin air dry. That's how it works on our 2019 anyway.

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
157 Posts
O-Rings on the rear AC lines don't fit properly, so it's leaking Freon. It's an actual Nissan parts design flaw.
Thanks so much for your reply,bgparadis.
I appreciate it.
Now, I will keep an eye out on mine once I start using the a/c.
Haven't had to use it as yet...

·
Registered
11 Posts
An update on my A/C issue in my '22 Platinum AWD: 7 weeks later (I haven't had it since May 12th), my car is STILL in the shop (along with at least one other), waiting on parts. I got to drive it for 8.5 months (and put 14,000 miles on) when we realized there was a true A/C issue. I did question it a few weeks after I got the car because it didn't seem to be cooling well. I bought it 8/23/21, so we didn't need the AC much. I remember my husband saying, "The seats don't seem to get as cool as I expected." When I said something to the dealer about it, they told me that there were temperature sensors everywhere and that things were working as they should (because the car was so new that they truly didn't know). It was 2 weeks for the Nissan engineers to figure out what parts were needed to fix them, and now the parts have been on back order for 5 weeks. I am selling the car back to the dealer this week while I wait for a new car that I have ordered. Wishing everyone the best of luck with your Pathfinder!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can the people that have a 22 Pathfinder confirm if the below is a problem or not:

-The rear lift gate is made of very thin metal prone to dents from automatic car washes.

-Apple Carplay is horrible in this vehicle. it connects but then drops off the next time I start my vehicle. Some days I have to delete and add my phone three to four times.

-The speakers also make the doors buzz with an annoying sound when playing music with a little base

-Issue front seat belts. Had passengers in the second row seats for the first time and every time the passenger moved their foot it was causing my seat belt to pull on me. Upon further investigation I found the seat belt is mounted to the floor board where passenger's feet can cause this very annoying discomfort and distraction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can the people that have a 22 Pathfinder confirm if the below is a problem or not:

-The rear lift gate is made of very thin metal prone to dents from automatic car washes.

-Apple Carplay is horrible in this vehicle. it connects but then drops off the next time I start my vehicle. Some days I have to delete and add my phone three to four times.

-The speakers also make the doors buzz with an annoying sound when playing music with a little base

-Issue front seat belts. Had passengers in the second row seats for the first time and every time the passenger moved their foot it was causing my seat belt to pull on me. Upon further investigation I found the seat belt is mounted to the floor board where passenger's feet can cause this very annoying discomfort and distraction.
i have a 2022 Pathfinder SL but I can’t be much help other than to say I have had none of the problems you list. I have not met the conditions for most of these - going thru a car wash, using Apple Car Play, second row passengers.

So far no buzzing in speakers. I play a lot of rock music, but don’t crank it up very often. Also the treble and bass are set near flat or zero.

My daughter also has a 2022 Pathfinder SL and uses Apple Car Play in her vehicle all the time and has not had any problems so far.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Sadly, I cannot be of much help (yet) either. I also have not gone through a car wash yet. I have the car since March 30 and have enjoyed washing it in the driveway. I will check out the liftgate though, for what you've described.
We have ANDROIDS in the family and have had NO issues with the cable connection, Android Auto, or anything else for that matter.
Although I've only taken folks once (so far) in the second row seating, the seat belt issue you described was not an issue. Again, I will check that out too!
As for the radio (and we only have the base radio (No BOSE in this SL without the Premium package), I have blasted the radio when alone in the car and enjoyed the rock music bass sound. No buzzing in the doors noted.
Thanks for sharing all this - it's all stuff I will keep watch for!!

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SV FWD Build 4/22
25 Posts
Just got our SV May 25 2022, so far only issues ive had were small.

1.) center ac vents did not engage 4 days ago, turned car off and back on and remedied the issue, but i will be keeping a close eye on it

2.) already missing the front passenger side wheel hub cap….have one on order, idk if it popped off or some punk kid decided to steal it

Other than those ive had zero issues and am in love with this vehicle! A much welcome upgrade over our 2020 PF S

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine came with TOYO brand tires.
Tomorrow, I will look at the size tires and also the type of TOYO tire from the factory and report back here.
The car has been handling perfectly with these, so far.
P.S. 8/4/22: The factory tires on my 2022 Pathfinder AWD SL model are:
TOYO Open Country A46

21 - 34 of 34 Posts