Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please find a below a link to a thread with details on my HID Conversion for my 13 Pathfinder. I thought the How to Forum is the right place for useful information. I provide a detailed written account with pictures of equipment, wiring diagram, installation steps, and Road Test results. Installation was completed with help of Product Manufacturer/Seller and local custom shop owner who came to my home to complete with interest to gain experience on a new revised model likely to generate interest in setup. I am hoping to help others considering this change since no available HIDs on our SUV's is major downside to many. :)

http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/appearance-body/383-hid-light-conversion-13-pathfinder-platinum-2.html#post2511

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the HID modification legal ? Is the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra any good for replacing the stock low beam bulb? I did notice that the stock is quite weak.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the HID modification legal ? Is the Sylvania Silverstar Ultra any good for replacing the stock low beam bulb? I did notice that the stock is quite weak.
Yep they are legal as long as they are white or the light blue color. Once you above 6000k you start seeing different colors that are not compliant. Cops pull over around here for that. Also be sure to check that headlights are aimed correctly as I describe in the linked thread. Blinding others drivers does not help your safety. I also talk about how it does not void warranty.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also forgot to mention that i do use the ultra bright sylvania bulb for my high beam. Its the best option if you are not doing HID and a great improvement over OEM Phillips bulb for both low and high. Also since i rarely use high beams then not worth expense and trouble. The ZXE bulbs looks cool but not as bright as ultra brights and burns out faster.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does this impact your warranty with Nissan?
It is against federal law to void a warranty due to the existence of an aftermarket part. Furthermore the burden of proof is on the dealer service dept to prove with factual and visible evidence that modification made is direct cause of issue. In this case issues with headlights would not apply since you are using your own and responsible for operation. A properly installed HID setup connected via a harness directly to battery protects electronics from damage anyway by isolating connection points to HID parts only. I have never heard of a dealer trying to void a warranty with this type of install.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep they are legal as long as they are white or the light blue color. Once you above 6000k you start seeing different colors that are not compliant. Cops pull over around here for that. Also be sure to check that headlights are aimed correctly as I describe in the linked thread. Blinding others drivers does not help your safety. I also talk about how it does not void warranty.
It is 100% 50 State ILLEGAL to install HIDs in a Halogen Headlight Housing. Cops may not enforce it but please note that the statement above its 100% false. What is true is that Nissan can't void your "entire" warranty because you installed them. BUT if your headlight housings start fogging and filling with water they can void the warranty to replace the headlights. If your transmission breaks they can't blame it on the headlights unless they can prove there was a direct connection to the failure from the modification.

Wayne

1 - 7 of 7 Posts