Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post.

Recently purchased a 2019 Pathfinder SL, I've done a few upgrades (interior lights to LED's and speaker replacement to JBL 2.3Ohms). I want to add the under seat subwoofer below and wanted it in a place that was totally invisible to the naked eye. I was thinking under the third row seat or in the compartment in the cargo area. Is there a way to remove the third row seat? Also, is it possible to pull the compartment out to run wires through? Has anyone tapped the 12V power line in the cargo area to power anything like this before?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can remove the plastic compartment from the cargo area, at least that's the case with the 2015's, I don't know if they changed that in the 2019 models. To remove the 3rd row it will be a little more challenging only because you have to remove a few screws, nothing impossible though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can remove the plastic compartment from the cargo area, at least that's the case with the 2015's, I don't know if they changed that in the 2019 models. To remove the 3rd row it will be a little more challenging only because you have to remove a few screws, nothing impossible though.
I had to remove the cargo bucket to add the wire components for my factory hitch. The instructions mentioned that the factory subwoofer on some models is on the left side and would need to be temporarily removed to get to the plug. I believe there is wiring there for the subwoofer even though I don't have one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to remove the cargo bucket to add the wire components for my factory hitch. The instructions mentioned that the factory subwoofer on some models is on the left side and would need to be temporarily removed to get to the plug. I believe there is wiring there for the subwoofer even though I don't have one.
Thanks man, I found a video on YouTube showing how to remove the cargo bucket (to install a hitch). I'll give it a try, if the amp wiring is back there that would make my job a whole lot easier and the decision to keep the sub in the cargo area would be a no brainier. I know the subwoofer is optional for my SL, hopefully the wiring is back there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sub came in yesterday and the power wire is about an 8 gauge wire. I'm thinking I'm going to install an inline fuse from the power outlet in the back and run it to the amp, then I'll just tap into the rear door speakers for the sound. Do the auto turn on when sound is present (I'm sure there's a delay but I can deal with it) and that's that.

Also, I can't comment on the sound yet but the build seems pretty solid, based on its weight.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just so you know MP, they sell HiLo's on ebay and amazon made for our PF. Its just plug and play, so you dont have to splice into any factory speaker wire at all and you get to adjust audio level going to your amp as well. I just purchased one since Im also adding an amp, sub and a pretty large speaker box to my PF now in January.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just so you know MP, they sell HiLo's on ebay and amazon made for our PF. Its just plug and play, so you dont have to splice into any factory speaker wire at all and you get to adjust audio level going to your amp as well. I just purchased one since Im also adding an amp, sub and a pretty large speaker box to my PF now in January.
Thanks, but if I use a hi/lo converter I won't be able to use the auto turn on feature (so says the instructions).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any chance you have a link? I looked but didn't find much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts