Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had an issue with a clicking noise coming from the 3rd row drivers side seat when the seat is up? We have narrowed it down to the drivers side seat. If we put the seat down or someone is sitting in it, you do not hear this annoying clicking noise. If the seat is up (headrest up or down) you hear this clicking/ticking at any speed, on side roads or highways. The dealer said they will take a look, but from past experiences with sounds, I doubt they will be able to fix it. I know there is another thread talking about the 2nd row and squeaks, but this is definitely the 3rd row. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If you are up for it, look over the whole seat assembly, making sure there isn't anything loose and everything is secure.

If you do go to the dealership to ask them about it, i guess what you can suggest is that they swap your 3rd row seats with one off the showroom floor, if they are nice enough they'll let you go through with that if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Unless you decide to take the third row apart yourself I'd just bring it back to the dealer and get them to fix it. If you can replicate it in front of them and show them how - they should be able to fix it. Also depends how good the tech is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They (dealer) have had our Pathfinder for 1 week now and have been unable to fix the noise. They are taking the whole 3rd row seat out. We will see what is next?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer still has our pathfinder. We have gone back 4 times and each time they said it was fixed. We drive it off the lot and drive it right back into the service department. We are hoping this can be fixed. They have had managers, techs, all sit in the 3rd row and front row and hear it. I suggested they just replace the whole 3rd row seats, but apparently that would be to obvious to try.

·
Registered
2 Posts
offtopic. I've heard the ticking noise coming from the dashboard at the same interval when driving. Found out it is ticking when the rear wiper is working. not sure why it's ticking, will bring the car to the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts