Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Pathfinder SV FWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original 22 allocation was cancelled by Nissan as it was a fleet vehicle (seems like Nissan prioritized dealers over fleet companies for reasons more than likely to do with higher margins). A few weeks back, I received a notification that my allocation will now be converted to a 23 MY. Does anyone know if Nissan has already started building the 23 models?

Reactions: Hebrew Hammer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Back over prevention: sensing system: camera
Recall date
2022-07-20
Recall no.
22V527000
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Rogue, 2022 Frontier, Pathfinder, and Titan rental vehicles. When the Sirius XM subscription is set to "Not Subscribed," it may cause the infotainment head unit to reboot, resulting in an inoperative rearview camera. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, "Rear Visibility."
Hide details
Recall consequence
An inoperative rearview camera display reduces the driver's rear visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Recall action
The Infotainment system software will be updated by a dealer, or through an over-the-air (OTA) update, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed July 29, 2022. Owners may contact Nissan's customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Nissan's number for this recall is R22A5 PC901 PC902.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
300 Posts
Back over prevention: sensing system: camera
Recall date
2022-07-20
Recall no.
22V527000
Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Rogue, 2022 Frontier, Pathfinder, and Titan rental vehicles. When the Sirius XM subscription is set to "Not Subscribed," it may cause the infotainment head unit to reboot, resulting in an inoperative rearview camera. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, "Rear Visibility."
Hide details
Recall consequence
An inoperative rearview camera display reduces the driver's rear visibility, increasing the risk of a crash.
Recall action
The Infotainment system software will be updated by a dealer, or through an over-the-air (OTA) update, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed July 29, 2022. Owners may contact Nissan's customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Nissan's number for this recall is R22A5 PC901 PC902.
Thank YOU! That helps. :geek:

·
Registered
13 Posts
After sitting out the first model year to read-up on reliability, user experiences, several trips to the dealer and a couple of test drives, I took the plunge and ordered a Platinum edition the last week of July. Dealership told me they are allocated 1 special order per month for each model vehicle they sell...Pathfinder, Rogue, etc, not counting what Nissan provides them. I didn't want to compromise my choices, as I want the exact color/options and nothing more, nothing less. So, I made sure I locked in their allocation for August w/an estimated delivery date of 3-4 mo's. Gent that does the ordering said Jul/Aug is when they retool (if needed) and change production line to the '23's.

I definitely didn't want the Charcoal interior (nice but hard to keep clean) and, although I like Chestnut (did see it), was concerned it could look dated in time. My '02 Pathfinder has an entirely light interior (my preference) but it's not grey. Hadn't seen the '22 Light Grey in person, so could be "settling" for Chestnut. Told the sales guy my one last concern and asked to see any other model vehicle w/similar color seats. Had zero on the lot w/grey but he'd sold a Rogue(?) a few days earlier w/the single tone version and texted her for a pic. She did and I was instantly convinced two toned grey was what I wanted.

They wrote up the non-binding purchase order and called their regional guy to confirm '23 model year was what I'd be getting. Placed a deposit on it and was assured I could walk and receive my deposit back if I decided to when it came in. They quoted me MSRP (this dealership doesn't play markup games), and said it could be + or - depending on Nissan's pricing when it arrives. Not ideal, wanted to deal on cost, but not happening in this feeding frenzy.

Made a copy of the PO and '23 options list and headed home glad to have done it after a year of patienlty waiting. That evening I proofed the matrix the dealership used to place the order and realized Light Grey is no longer offered on the Platinum edition for '23. Hoped I'd read it wrong (was sure I didn't) and the following morning called the manager. Sure enough, they assumed grey was available and just highlighted it on the matrix printout w/out looking above in the respective column. Also, called and confirmed by their regional purchaser. Dagnamit! Back to Chestnut. My one compromise but not a deal-breaker. Just disappointed.

Longish story but my experience. Here's a copy of the '23 option matrix for anyone interested. Split it into 2 parts for readability. Legend states revision date is April 2022. Yellow is what the sales guy highlighted to place the order:

Font Rectangle Material property Parallel Pattern
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Paper

FWIW, one more observation...in my area, Inland Pacific Northwest, Pathfinder's are selling within days of the dealership getting them in and there isn't on-hand inventory. As a result, I felt like they didn't really have in-depth knowledge of the Pathfinder and I was better educated w/my own research. Kind of a sign of the times.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After sitting out the first model year to read-up on reliability, user experiences, several trips to the dealer and a couple of test drives, I took the plunge and ordered a Platinum edition the last week of July. Dealership told me they are allocated 1 special order per month for each model vehicle they sell...Pathfinder, Rogue, etc, not counting what Nissan provides them. I didn't want to compromise my choices, as I want the exact color/options and nothing more, nothing less. So, I made sure I locked in their allocation for August w/an estimated delivery date of 3-4 mo's. Gent that does the ordering said Jul/Aug is when they retool (if needed) and change production line to the '23's.

I definitely didn't want the black interior and, although I like Chestnut (did see it), was concerned it could look dated in time. My '02 Pathfinder has an entirely light interior (my preference) but it's not grey. Hadn't seen the '22 Light Grey in person, so could be "settling" for Chestnut. Told the sales guy my one last concern and asked to see any other model vehicle w/similar color seats. Had zero on the lot w/grey but he'd sold a Rogue(?) a few days earlier w/the single tone version and texted her for a pic. She did and I was instantly convinced two toned grey was what I wanted.

They wrote up the non-binding purchase order and called their regional guy to confirm '23 model year was what I'd be getting. Placed a deposit on it and was assured I could walk and receive my deposit back if I decided to when it came in. They quoted me MSRP (this dealership doesn't play markup games), and said it could be + or - depending on Nissan's pricing when it arrives. Not ideal, wanted to deal on cost, but not happening in this feeding frenzy.

Made a copy of the PO and '23 options list and headed home glad to have done it after a year of patienlty waiting. That evening I proofed the matrix the dealership used to place the order and realized Light Grey is no longer offered on the Platinum edition for '23. Hoped I'd read it wrong (was sure I didn't) and the following morning called the manager. Sure enough, they assumed grey was available and just highlighted it on the matrix printout w/out looking above in the respective column. Also, called and confirmed by their regional purchaser. Dagnamit! Back to Chestnut. My one compromise but not a deal-breaker. Just disappointed.

Longish story but my experience. Here's a copy of the '23 option matrix for anyone interested. Split it into 2 parts for readability. Legend states revision date is April 2022. Yellow is what the sales guy highlighted to place the order:

View attachment 17298 View attachment 17297

FWIW, one more observation...in my area, Inland Pacific Northwest, Pathfinder's are selling within days of the dealership getting them in and there isn't on-hand inventory. As a result, I felt like they didn't really have in-depth knowledge of the Pathfinder and I was better educated w/my own research. Kind of a sign of the times.
Yes dealerships don’t have much knowledge on the pathfinder only that the passenger seat is too low lol. There has not been much differences announced I believe all the creativity for the 23 went into rock creek edition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I saw a video on the 23 rock creek. It doesn’t appear to have a sun roof due to the roof rack.
Ah man, I really wanted a Rock Creek ( i have money down on a 2022 Platinum right now but have told them I'd like to push off and wait for the Rock Creek ).... but I really miss the large sun roof from my 2017 Pathfinder that I lost when I moved up to the Armada. The roof rack is probably the "extra" feature I'd use the least.... I really wanted the extra clearance, horse power and torque for extra towing margins, as my 2017 Pathfinder was such a failure at towing my boat I had to escape the lease and get an Armada.

I've tested with a 2022 pulling the boat, and its significantly better than the 2017.... but any small increase in performance would help

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ah man, I really wanted a Rock Creek ( i have money down on a 2022 Platinum right now but have told them I'd like to push off and wait for the Rock Creek ).... but I really miss the large sun roof from my 2017 Pathfinder that I lost when I moved up to the Armada. The roof rack is probably the "extra" feature I'd use the least.... I really wanted the extra clearance, horse power and torque for extra towing margins, as my 2017 Pathfinder was such a failure at towing my boat I had to escape the lease and get an Armada.

I've tested with a 2022 pulling the boat, and its significantly better than the 2017.... but any small increase in performance would help
Any luck? I have yet to see one in person

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I originally purchased my '02 Pathfinder, buddy and I detoured to my house during a test drive and hooked up the boat. Climbed a steep hill and did some highway merging to ensure the V6/transmission was a good combo. No problems and am still towing with it 20 years later.

One thing I added was an Airlift leveling system to the rear coils and will do so on my '23. I've had zero rear sag w/full cargo/passenger/boat loads. Absolutely love being able to level via remote and by eyesight.

Unfortunately, wasn't able to test tow w/a '22. No doubt it'll be way better. I have an 18' Searay that's ~2550 lbs dry w/trailer. What's the weight and length of your boat for comparison? Also, any problems launching w/the rear end going into the water (lower ground clearance than my '02)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I originally purchased my '02 Pathfinder, buddy and I detoured to my house during a test drive and hooked up the boat. Climbed a steep hill and did some highway merging to ensure the V6/transmission was a good combo. No problems and am still towing with it 20 years later.

One thing I added was an Airlift leveling system to the rear coils and will do so on my '23. I've had zero rear sag w/full cargo/passenger/boat loads. Absolutely love being able to level via remote and by eyesight.

Unfortunately, wasn't able to test tow w/a '22. No doubt it'll be way better. I have an 18' Searay that's ~2550 lbs dry w/trailer. What's the weight and length of your boat for comparison? Also, any problems launching w/the rear end going into the water (lower ground clearance than my '02)?
I have a 21' Searay ... I don't know the exact weight, its 3333lbs dry w/o trailer...I estimate around 5000lbs wet with trailer. I bought my 2017 pathfinder at the same time with that as the specific requirement, and it was quite violent on the highway with forward/backward jolts and clanging at the trailer hitch.... in retrospect it seems like it got into a dangerous rhythm that was amplified by the CVT constantly adjusting. After two years, I raised hell with Nissan and the dealership stepped in and bought out my lease. My Armada gets a bit bumpy on the same stretch of highway. The '22 pathfinder was worse, but I am considering an airlift system. Though I think the boat/trailer is heavier than the pathfinder.

I don't remember the clearance, I know I sometimes had my tailpipe under water.... which is fine as long as the engine stays running....

On a side note, I used my Armada the other day to launch and it kept sliding backwards down the boat ramp because it was so slimy :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 21' Searay ... I don't know the exact weight, its 3333lbs dry w/o trailer...I estimate around 5000lbs wet with trailer.

...it seems like it got into a dangerous rhythm...My Armada gets a bit bumpy on the same stretch of highway. The '22 pathfinder was worse, but I am considering an airlift system. Though I think the boat/trailer is heavier than the pathfinder.

On a side note, I used my Armada the other day to launch and it kept sliding backwards down the boat ramp because it was so slimy :oops:
Whoa, slimy ramp is no fun.

About 10 years ago a friend of mine had a 21' Sea Ray. The additional 3' compared to my 175 Bow Rider made a significant difference. Breadth, draft, height, guessing weight, too....mine looked tiny in comparison. Trying to recall...he had a dual axle trailer and brakes???? + used a full size truck to tow.

The "rhythm" you refer to above and "bumpy" on a stretch of highway I relate to. If I forget and have my Airlift underinflated I experience the same thing. I'm no expert on towing but I'd wager you'd see/experience a difference w/either vehicle and an Airlift kit. In addition, I've often thought beefier struts up front would be a plus. However, I agree you might be at the upper limits w/respect to towing capacity of the vehicles. I have zero experience w/Armada's but I'm surprised.

Another thought regarding the size of your boat. Mine is, for the most part, low enough and not so wide as to push into the slipstream from my Pathfinder. Only speculating but the additional drag may contribute to the oscillation??

Quick search and apparently they don't make these anymore (can't even find a reference or pic) but I purchased this shock absorbing hitch from Overton's years ago. As I recall, it has a built-in polyurethane absorber. It's heavy as heck, clunky and noisy in my receiver but I can feel the affect as I brake.

Gas Cylinder Machine Auto part Metal
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Auto part
Wall Telephone Gas Machine Auto part

Last comment on my setup. I don't have brakes, single axle trailer, but have contemplated adding them. Fortunately, only had the bad fortune to lock up the Pathfinder brakes once (maybe twice) and I was able to ride it out w/the help of ABS. No accident(s).

Definately off-topic for this thread and not that you asked for advice, but I'm all about shared experiences when it comes to these types of things and I typed before I thought about it. Hope it may be helpful and, mods, please move to an appropriate thread if needed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Whoa, slimy ramp is no fun.

About 10 years ago a friend of mine had a 21' Sea Ray. The additional 3' compared to my 175 Bow Rider made a significant difference. Breadth, draft, height, guessing weight, too....mine looked tiny in comparison. Trying to recall...he had a dual axle trailer and brakes???? + used a full size truck to tow.

The "rhythm" you refer to above and "bumpy" on a stretch of highway I relate to. If I forget and have my Airlift underinflated I experience the same thing. I'm no expert on towing but I'd wager you'd see/experience a difference w/either vehicle and an Airlift kit. In addition, I've often thought beefier struts up front would be a plus. However, I agree you might be at the upper limits w/respect to towing capacity of the vehicles. I have zero experience w/Armada's but I'm surprised.

Another thought regarding the size of your boat. Mine is, for the most part, low enough and not so wide as to push into the slipstream from my Pathfinder. Only speculating but the additional drag may contribute to the oscillation??

Quick search and apparently they don't make these anymore (can't even find a reference or pic) but I purchased this shock absorbing hitch from Overton's years ago. As I recall, it has a built-in polyurethane absorber. It's heavy as heck, clunky and noisy in my receiver but I can feel the affect as I brake.

View attachment 17376 View attachment 17378 View attachment 17377

Last comment on my setup. I don't have brakes, single axle trailer, but have contemplated adding them. Fortunately, only had the bad fortune to lock up the Pathfinder brakes once (maybe twice) and I was able to ride it out w/the help of ABS. No accident(s).

Definately off-topic for this thread and not that you asked for advice, but I'm all about shared experiences when it comes to these types of things and I typed before I thought about it. Hope it may be helpful and, mods, please move to an appropriate thread if needed.
You are right, its definitely heavier and it is a tandem trailer. Fun fact, the pathfinder website shows a pathfinder pulling a similar configuration. So Nissan advertises that it can. No clue what the weight is, but tandem trailers are only past a certain weight.

The Armada is built on the Nissan Titan frame and can tow 8,500lbs, so it does really well.... its just 12mpg. And it has automatically adjusting air suspension.

I actually have a shock absorbing hitch from from Curt, its also adjustable (and not reversible) so I'm nervous the drop is too low for a pathfinder.... so I'll probably have to ditch that $450 investment.

The parking brake must be on one of the rear wheels. With the Armada, it stayed still on the ramp, but if I'd put it in park and took my foot off the brake, it was sliding backwards. When i loaded back up, I put it in 4WD which kept the front wheels engaged. With my old pathfinder, I would use hill assist during launching which applied the brakes. I don't believe the 2019 Armada had hill assist.

So the lesson is, always launch with 4WD because the front wheels are on dry, slime-free concrete, and use hill assist for extra protection.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the additional details. I'm usually conscious of steep/slick ramps and engage 4WD. My wife's Honda (manual transmission) has hill assist and it's a nice feature when needed. Having it on the new P will be a nice safety buffer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts