Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

First time poster. Lucked into a 2022 SV w premium package as my new company car - major upgrade from my current company car, 2018 Legacy. I did not know I'd be offered this - in fact I recently purchased a Hyundai Palisade as a new personal car. Will be interesting to have two similar sized new black SUVs in my driveway.

Won't get delivery for about 5 months (fingers crossed), but I have a question about the location of the Homelink buttons - those programmable buttons for the garage door remotes. The online manual shows them on the rearview mirror, but Youtube videos of this trim level seem to show just a standard mirror with the night flip lever. Are the buttons on the driver's visor? Somewhere else on the dash?

Thanks in advance. I'm considering getting a front/rear dashcam system that would replace the rearview mirror, but obviously don't want to interfere with any electronics that may be built into the factory mirror.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL Build date July 2021
46 Posts
Greetings!

First time poster. Lucked into a 2022 SV w premium package as my new company car - major upgrade from my current company car, 2018 Legacy. I did not know I'd be offered this - in fact I recently purchased a Hyundai Palisade as a new personal car. Will be interesting to have two similar sized new black SUVs in my driveway.

Won't get delivery for about 5 months (fingers crossed), but I have a question about the location of the Homelink buttons - those programmable buttons for the garage door remotes. The online manual shows them on the rearview mirror, but Youtube videos of this trim level seem to show just a standard mirror with the night flip lever. Are the buttons on the driver's visor? Somewhere else on the dash?

Thanks in advance. I'm considering getting a front/rear dashcam system that would replace the rearview mirror, but obviously don't want to interfere with any electronics that may be built into the factory mirror.
I have the SL trim level and it came with the HomeLink mirror. Should also be “standard” on the Platinum. Buttons are on the mirror itself.

Looking at the printed brochure, it doesn’t appear that the HomeLink mirror is offered with the S or SV trim levels.

You could get the garage door remote feature with the Frameless auto dimming review mirror (buttons are on the mirror), but it’s not HomeLink technology and the accessory costs $183 plus labor. Just had to add that to my wife’s 2021 Platinum Rogue. It was the only way to get the remote garage door feature.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve - that makes the most sense. The SV probably doesn’t even have it. No big deal, I don’t need it. That means I can totally replace the factory mirror with a camera system. Surprised that Homelink isnt included - thought that was basic, like automatic windows!

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL Build date July 2021
46 Posts
Thanks Steve - that makes the most sense. The SV probably doesn’t even have it. No big deal, I don’t need it. That means I can totally replace the factory mirror with a camera system. Surprised that Homelink isnt included - thought that was basic, like automatic windows!
I agree. One of the few disappointments I have with Nissan is how they package the options. With the Pathfinder I would have expected LED cabin lights, no bench seat for the Platinum trim, can’t add a wireless charging pad (only available on the Platinum), to name just a few.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have a rear view mirror for a 2017. May have the same connector. It has 3 buttons for garage door openers and the auto dim feature on/off. No compass. $30 plus shipping if interested. I can take some pics of the mirror and connector if interested. as-new condition with no scratches or issues.

Reactions: Kiarash

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greetings!

Just to let you know the Hyundai build quality is not the same as the Nissan. The Nissan engine, drive train, and platform is better built. The other alternative to the 2022 Pathfinder would be the new Toyota Highlander. The new Nissan Pathfinder is very different than the previous Pathfinder series. Their new build is very much like their original Pathfinders from the 1980s until they changed the design. Both the new Pathfinder and the Highlander are of similar quality build. From my investigations and from how they both drive, and how their technology works my preference was for the new Pathfinder. Both are excellent.

For the cost difference I would have bought two Pathfinders than two different types, or one Pathfinder and one Highlander. As for myself I took the Platinum over the SL Premium. Better trade in value, and I have the air conditions sets, and a few other additions that were worth the difference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to let you know the Hyundai build quality is not the same as the Nissan. The Nissan engine, drive train, and platform is better built. The other alternative to the 2022 Pathfinder would be the new Toyota Highlander. The new Nissan Pathfinder is very different than the previous Pathfinder series. Their new build is very much like their original Pathfinders from the 1980s until they changed the design. Both the new Pathfinder and the Highlander are of similar quality build. From my investigations and from how they both drive, and how their technology works my preference was for the new Pathfinder. Both are excellent.

For the cost difference I would have bought two Pathfinders than two different types, or one Pathfinder and one Highlander. As for myself I took the Platinum over the SL Premium. Better trade in value, and I have the air conditions sets, and a few other additions that were worth the difference.
Thanks for the input. Fortunately, as I said, the Pathfinder will be a company fleet vehicle - a leased vehicle my employer leases for me to work. Like previous company cars, they charge me a minimal amount monthly (I believe the IRS mandates this charge, as I can use it for personal use as well - which is considered taxable compensation). I did not get to choose the trim level, so SV Premium is what I got - and MUCH better than my current Subaru Legacy, or my previous Nissan Altima, Ford Escape, Chevy Trailblazer, and I forget what was before that. I'm beyond thrilled that I'll be able to drive this vehicle at minimal cost for persoanl use. The Palisade will be reserved as our "good car", the Pathfinder will be the daily driver.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone is interested, I have a rear view mirror for a 2017. May have the same connector. It has 3 buttons for garage door openers and the auto dim feature on/off. No compass. $30 plus shipping if interested. I can take some pics of the mirror and connector if interested. as-new condition with no scratches or issues.
eruby
I am interested in that if still available

·
Registered
418 Posts
I still have it. It's from a 2017 SV. I was going to try to use it on a Honda but the plug is different. Like new. PM me your email and ZIP and I'll send pics and get shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts