Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been locked out? My wife has put her bag in the car with key inside. Returns to get in the car and is locked out??!
It's only happened in our driveway where she can get a second key to open it up? Could be a real problem!!!

Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
Oh wow, sorry to hear that. Glad at least you could get back in. It hasn't happened to me, but wondering if the key fob was down enough to be covered so that when you exited, the PF couldn't detect it? Reaching, but definitely not cool that it actually locked you out like that..

Registered
2022 PF Platinum 2WD BD: 8/21
It might not sense the key in the car, try changing the battery in the key fob. Also do you have Nissan connect subscription Incase it happens away from home?

Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
I agree with what's been said. This is not 'supposed' to happen at all. There are supposed to be beeps (as Sean Man said), to catch one's attention the intelligent key is in the car. Also, if the key is close enough to your body so the car locked (with the purse in the car), then it should also be close enough to unlock the car. Whatsupwiththat!!!
But now, with Nissan connect, the car can always be opened through the application on the phone. That is a great feature!

Registered
My wiife called me from Costco the other day saying she had locked her key inside the car and needed me to bring the spare key. She put her purse in with the groceries and when she tried to open the drivers side door it would not let her in. When I arrived it would not let me access the drivers side door but when I tried the liftgate it opened right up. Guess you either have to have it close enough to the door your trying to open for it to work.

Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
My wiife called me from Costco the other day saying she had locked her key inside the car and needed me to bring the spare key. She put her purse in with the groceries and when she tried to open the drivers side door it would not let her in. When I arrived it would not let me access the drivers side door but when I tried the liftgate it opened right up. Guess you either have to have it close enough to the door your trying to open for it to work.
I guess we are going to learn more about distance with the intelligent key, the doors/liftgate, and what will work and what won't as we go along.
I can't help but think, in all the examples we've posted here, that the Nissan Connect App will easily solve these access problems for us.

Registered
So does the Pathfinder not have the push button built into the door handle that would unlock the vehicle as long as the fob is in range? My 13' does have this capability. Just wondering
Nissan moved to what they call a "one-touch sensor" instead of a traditional button on the door handle for the R53. The following video demoes how it works starting at the 25 second mark...

Registered
If it is a new fob mind posting how much it costs? I might want to add one to my collection.
So far, I've only come across options from Nissan for the R53 and they want $200+ for a new fob.. :confused:
For the R53, they added an LED at the top-right corner. Not sure if the R52 fobs will even work with the R53.

Registered
So far, I've only come across options from Nissan for the R53 and they want $200+ for a new fob.. :confused:
For the R53, they added an LED at the top-right corner. Not sure if the R52 fobs will even work with the R53.
Ah yes I noticed the light. But didn鈥檛 know the old ones didn鈥檛 have it. These fobs need a major upgrade though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts