Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Yes, I purchased the 10k pound one from harbor freight because it was only $228 buy really didn't need 10k pounds but it was by far cheapest ive seen . When you install it and hook up the vehicle. I've always been taught to jack up the jack with vehicle about 4 inches or until your vehicle looks level . Then hook up the chains or lever which ever system you have on WDH. Then let the jack back down. It takes the weight off the pathfinder.
Good to know thanks!

· Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,672 Posts
When you install it and hook up the vehicle. I've always been taught to jack up the jack with vehicle about 4 inches or until your vehicle looks level . Then hook up the chains or lever which ever system you have on WDH. Then let the jack back down. It takes the weight off the pathfinder.
Hope you are not doing this with the tongue jack unless it is highly rated. I used to do it that way until one day my tongue jack stopped working, stripped the threads. I then bought a small bottle jack and now use it under the WDH to raise them.

· Registered
20 Posts
Hope you are not doing this with the tongue jack unless it is highly rated. I used to do it that way until one day my tongue jack stopped working, stripped the threads. I then bought a small bottle jack and now use it under the WDH to raise them.
I think is 600lb not 500 and at least my RV is 340Lb so it should fine, not sure about Brandon's

· Registered
2022 Pathfinder
2 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2022 SV Pathfinder (with tow package) from a Nissan dealer, and I’d like to transfer my Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller from my 2015 Xterra to the PF.

I thought I would be able to connect the Prodigy brake controller harness from the Xterra directly to the PF port located below the driver’s dash. However, the PF port and the prodigy harness connectors don’t seem to match.

Other posters have mentioned that a pigtail was provided with new vehicles that have tow packages. Do I need this pigtail to connect between the Prodigy Harness and the PF port?

Or have I mistakenly identified the brake controller port on the Pathfinder?

Thank you.
White Light Automotive tire Product Automotive design
Font Cable Electrical supply Wire Electronic component

· Registered
12 Posts
Only the platinum pf came with the pig tail in the glove box at purchase from dealer. I've contacted the manufacturer of pathfinder and they said as of today they have not yet made an way for 7pin harnes to connect to plug at rear bumper. Even if you bought the 4 pin harness and used an 4 pin to 7npin harness , only the regular lights,turn,brake will function and not the trailer brakes.
Font Line Screenshot Audio equipment Circle

Product Font Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Data transfer cable Audio equipment Font Automotive tire Technology

· Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD (04/22)
494 Posts
I recently purchased a used 2022 SV Pathfinder (with tow package) from a Nissan dealer, and I’d like to transfer my Tekonsha Prodigy P2 brake controller from my 2015 Xterra to the PF.

I thought I would be able to connect the Prodigy brake controller harness from the Xterra directly to the PF port located below the driver’s dash. However, the PF port and the prodigy harness connectors don’t seem to match.

Other posters have mentioned that a pigtail was provided with new vehicles that have tow packages. Do I need this pigtail to connect between the Prodigy Harness and the PF port?

Or have I mistakenly identified the brake controller port on the Pathfinder?

Thank you.
View attachment 17275 View attachment 17276
I believe the first connector (pictured) is actually the dealer installed option harness connector (to the left of the fuse box, driver side).

If you go back to the first page of this thread, you should see a couple of pictures showing the location of the factory brake controller harness.

More from the owner's manual (section 10-27)...

Font Parallel Rectangle Musical instrument accessory

Font Parallel Rectangle Chair Drawing

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

As others have noted, the exact location (according to the manual) is a bit off, but the pictures from others in this thread should help. ;)

· Registered
494 Posts
Only the platinum pf came with the pig tail in the glove box at purchase from dealer. I've contacted the manufacturer of pathfinder and they said as of today they have not yet made an way for 7pin harnes to connect to plug at rear bumper. Even if you bought the 4 pin harness and used an 4 pin to 7npin harness , only the regular lights,turn,brake will function and not the trailer brakes.
View attachment 17278
View attachment 17279
View attachment 17277
FWIW, I was browsing the Nissan Parts site and apparently it turns out that Nissan makes 4-pin to 7-pin harness for the 2022 Frontier...

Font Automotive lighting Audio equipment Screenshot Circle

· Registered
2022 Pathfinder
2 Posts
Just to followup on my earlier post: I initially had identified the wrong connector below the steering column and therefore wasn't able to connect my Prodigy 2 brake controller. Thank you DRK-PTHFNDR for pointing me in the right direction. Once I was able to remove the lower panel, which was the hardest part of the whole process, I found the brake controller port (see photo), and successfully connected it to the Prodigy 2 cable.

Light Gesture Finger Thumb Toy

· Registered
1 Posts
After being upside down in my new '22 PF SL and getting extremely frustrated I went to the web for help. I came across these pics and it didn't even take 5 minutes to hook up the Primus IQ. Thank you so much for posting these pics as they are extremely accurate!!! Haven't towed our travel trailer yet but it seems to be connected correctly.

@kc7eph thanks for all this, helped a ton. Here are some photos from me doing this tonight- you pull the full panel down from under the steering wheel, comes down fairly easily. It's wrapped in black- if you feel it, you can feel the plastic connector under the tape. No way I would have found that/accessed it from underneath! View attachment 16285
View attachment 16286
View attachment 16287
View attachment 16288

· Registered
494 Posts
After being upside down in my new '22 PF SL and getting extremely frustrated I went to the web for help. I came across these pics and it didn't even take 5 minutes to hook up the Primus IQ. Thank you so much for posting these pics as they are extremely accurate!!! Haven't towed our travel trailer yet but it seems to be connected correctly.
Nice! Any pics from your install that might be helpful to others?

· Registered
14 Posts
I purchased this adapter for my P2 brake controller: Tekonsha | 3050-P | Trailer Brake Control Harness

It's listed as a thru '20 compatible product on the Tekonska web site, but it works perfectly.

If you are planning on getting a controller from another brand, I can't be sure if they will ship with the same plug. YMMV
If I don't have the 3050-P harness does anyone know what wire attaches where? There are 5 wires on the Nissan harness and 4 with the Tekonsha controller. I would have ordered the other harness if I knew.
Automotive design Electrical wiring Grey Line Hood

41 - 56 of 56 Posts