Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the SL Premium and it came with a pig tail located in the glove box. Use this to connect to the brake controller. Any pathfinder with the towing package comes with this. If it is not there contact your dealer.
It has been mentioned before but Tekonsha makes a custom pigtail that connects directly to the Prodigy and the Pathfinder hook-up. NO Splicing needed. Nissan has used the same vehicle-side connector for several years. AT least the 2022 is the same as my departed 2007 model. Amazon has them. Tekonsha 3050-P.

· Registered
9 Posts
Nice! How heavy? Will be interested to hear how it performs towing.
Also, I should have noted, I bought the adapter for my Tekonsha (Primus IQ) - was about $13 on Amazon and it worked right away when plugging in the controller.
Did you have to remove the white cap from the Pathfinder's connector? I'm seeing some posts saying they had to, but it may have been a different adapter brand. I just ordered the Tekonsha 3050-P adapter.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have the 2022 pf sl. But unfortunately I have the 4 pin harness on hitch and not the 7 pin round one. Where can I purchase the harness. Notice my factory plug has 6 pins and the picture im showing is my 4 pin harness with 2 slots cap off. Guesting 2 of those slots are for the electric brake if i ran 7 pin harness ?
Hood Automotive tire Trunk Automotive design Automotive lighting

· Registered
12 Posts
UPDATE: I decided to let the professional install the Prodigy iD and he did a great job. The head fits perfectally in line with the other switches and looks like it was designed to be there.

I've towed once and it seems to work as well as the prodigy in my previous Pathfinder but possibly a bit less aggressive. There is a learning curve getting this set up and it is done on your cell phone. The benefit to me was getting the control head away from my knee. Excuse the dirty floor mat. Just got back from the field.

View attachment 16992 View attachment 16993
Do you have part number for controller and harness?

· Registered
20 Posts
I have the 2022 pf sl. But unfortunately I have the 4 pin harness on hitch and not the 7 pin round one. Where can I purchase the harness. Notice my factory plug has 6 pins and the picture im showing is my 4 pin harness with 2 slots cap off. Guesting 2 of those slots are for the electric brake if i ran 7 pin harness ?
View attachment 17030
Hi, I'm dealing with the same situation, I installed the tow hitch in the dealership, mine is a pathfinder SL 2022 without towing package from manufacture, do I have the same harness? Or what harnesses do I need. I currently have the 4 Pin. I would think that the main harness is pretty universal for all pathfinders 2022. Probably I just need to get some additional harnesses but I can't find any diagrams to change the 4 pin to a 7 and the one to connect the controller. If this is too complicated what do you recommend me? I know there is a universal, but I would think this will be more difficult to do.

· Registered
12 Posts
Hi, I'm dealing with the same situation, I installed the tow hitch in the dealership, mine is a pathfinder SL 2022 without towing package from manufacture, do I have the same harness? Or what harnesses do I need. I currently have the 4 Pin. I would think that the main harness is pretty universal for all pathfinders 2022. Probably I just need to get some additional harnesses but I can't find any diagrams to change the 4 pin to a 7 and the one to connect the controller. If this is too complicated what do you recommend me? I know there is a universal, but I would think this will be more difficult to do.
I have the sl trim as well and coming from the manufacturer only the towing packages which came certain models have the harness that comes in the glove box and plugs into the adapter under steering wheel for break control. I've unhook the 4 pin harness under rear bumper and I've seen where there 2 pin slots empty where manufacturer didn't run the wiring for brake control. Why our connector on 4 pin have 2 rubber garments in them.
If someone else have better solution on how get brake control to rear bumper plz lmk. Otherwise I think they have be hard wire from brake pedal to rear bumper

· Registered
20 Posts
I have the sl trim as well and coming from the manufacturer only the towing packages which came certain models have the harness that comes in the glove box and plugs into the adapter under steering wheel for break control. I've unhook the 4 pin harness under rear bumper and I've seen where there 2 pin slots empty where manufacturer didn't run the wiring for brake control. Why our connector on 4 pin have 2 rubber garments in them.
If someone else have better solution on how get brake control to rear bumper plz lmk. Otherwise I think they have be hard wire from brake pedal to rear bumper
I just found the connector for the brake controler under the steering column same as the other person that posted a picture. Mine is an SL without premium package and didn't came with the hitch.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Of course , but once you connect the brake controller troller how does it send the controller to the rear harness? Bc the connector back there only shows 4 pins in the factory plug.
Are there a
Of course , but once you connect the brake controller troller how does it send the controller to the rear harness? Bc the connector back there only shows 4 pins in the factory plug.
[/Q
I just looked at the back harness, I have the 4 pin connector. I have a feeling that I just need to get the harnes for the 7, and replace it where the 4 pin harness is connected. I can see that the 4 pin plug at the back has extra wires that are not used. The main harness that runs through the front may be exactly the same, is just the small section that connects at the back

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Are there a

I just looked at the back harness, I have the 4 pin connector. I have a feeling that I just need to get the harnes for the 7, and replace it where the 4 pin harness is connected. I can see that the 4 pin plug at the back has extra wires that are not used. The main harness that runs through the front may be exactly the same, is just the small section that connects at the back
It looks just like this.

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
I'm one step ahead of you and still aggravated with the situation. Yeah I seen the plug but I also seen the 2 blue gourmets in the wire pin location. I unplug the harness and the female end on cehicle also has no pins in those 2 spots where the gourmets are. So yes still no luck. Nissan manufacturer only installed towing packages on a handful and that's it. Ones that came with the harness in the glove box are the models that jave the actaull 7 pin factory harness.

· Registered
20 Posts
I'm one step ahead of you and still aggravated with the situation. Yeah I seen the plug but I also seen the 2 blue gourmets in the wire pin location. I unplug the harness and the female end on cehicle also has no pins in those 2 spots where the gourmets are. So yes still no luck. Nissan manufacturer only installed towing packages on a handful and that's it. Ones that came with the harness in the glove box are the models that jave the actaull 7 pin factory harness.
Oh I see, I will disconnect the plug tomorrow to see if is also missing the extra wires. I just don't understand why the manufacturer will run different harnesses, is more trouble for them and they don't save money by doing that. And if that's the case then why the brake controler cable is ready in the dash? Really annoying.

· Registered
20 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
We took 3.5 hrs drive to Florida for July 4th weekend and yes we sued WDH . We was riding around 70 mph no issue. I did notice the tow mode uses alot more gas. But I was able watch my tachometer and stay in standard mode while on freeway. As long your granny doesn't keep bouncing gears your fine. Thus is also without any Xtra tyranny cooler

· Registered
20 Posts
We took 3.5 hrs drive to Florida for July 4th weekend and yes we sued WDH . We was riding around 70 mph no issue. I did notice the tow mode uses alot more gas. But I was able watch my tachometer and stay in standard mode while on freeway. As long your granny doesn't keep bouncing gears your fine. Thus is also without any Xtra tyranny cooler
Yes, the tow mode is intended for downhill speed control to prevent the trailer from pushing against the suv. But yes it uses a lot of gas. I just towed the RV once for like 15 mins, I just ordered a sway control system because the back of the suv sits too low. I will see if it helps. Are you using a sway control ?

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Yes, I purchased the 10k pound one from harbor freight because it was only $228 buy really didn't need 10k pounds but it was by far cheapest ive seen . When you install it and hook up the vehicle. I've always been taught to jack up the jack with vehicle about 4 inches or until your vehicle looks level . Then hook up the chains or lever which ever system you have on WDH. Then let the jack back down. It takes the weight off the pathfinder.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts