Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took delivery of our shiny new SV Premium a couple of days ago, time to get it ready for towing.

I've wired up my controller (Prodigy P2) to the plug that was waiting for me in the glovebox, but I just cannot find the harness under the dash.

I've watched some videos and gone thru posts from last generation PF installs hoping that it would be reasonably close on this model. No luck.

Does anyone have any insight yet on where it's located on the 2022?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it to the dealership, and the tech there had to remove the kick panel. He located the harness taped to another bundle above the fuse panel. The owner's manual (and the Nissan shop manual) say to look for a connector wrapped to another bundle with white tape and the number one. This was wrapped with black tape and no number. You cannot see the connector from below, you have to remove the kick panel from the left side and pull it out a bit. Even then, the wire only extends to around 2" below the panel.

Hope this ends up helping other folks in the future!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@kc7eph thanks for all this, helped a ton. Here are some photos from me doing this tonight- you pull the full panel down from under the steering wheel, comes down fairly easily. It's wrapped in black- if you feel it, you can feel the plastic connector under the tape. No way I would have found that/accessed it from underneath!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@phasr389 Awesome, I'm glad I was able to help someone out! Judging from your pictures, I'm glad I took it in for the tech to find it. :D

Since my post, I ordered an OEM Tekonsha cable to go to our P2 controller and have taken our RV around the block. This new PF seems like it's going to be a good tow rig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
@phasr389 Awesome, I'm glad I was able to help someone out! Judging from your pictures, I'm glad I took it in for the tech to find it. :D

Since my post, I ordered an OEM Tekonsha cable to go to our P2 controller and have taken our RV around the block. This new PF seems like it's going to be a good tow rig.
Nice! How heavy? Will be interested to hear how it performs towing.
Also, I should have noted, I bought the adapter for my Tekonsha (Primus IQ) - was about $13 on Amazon and it worked right away when plugging in the controller.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! How heavy? Will be interested to hear how it performs towing.
Also, I should have noted, I bought the adapter for my Tekonsha (Primus IQ) - was about $13 on Amazon and it worked right away when plugging in the controller.
Yep, same with the OEM adapter I bought.

The RV is a 2018 Viking 17 BHS, ~3200# dry. I'll try to remember to report back here after we head out next!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I just bought a 2022 SV premium as well. The 2022 doesn't show up as an option on etrailer. Is the 2022 brake controller connector the same as the 2020? So If I buy a controller for the 2020 it will work in my 2022?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I just bought a 2022 SV premium as well. The 2022 doesn't show up as an option on etrailer. Is the 2022 brake controller connector the same as the 2020? So If I buy a controller for the 2020 it will work in my 2022?
I purchased this adapter for my P2 brake controller: Tekonsha | 3050-P | Trailer Brake Control Harness

It's listed as a thru '20 compatible product on the Tekonska web site, but it works perfectly.

If you are planning on getting a controller from another brand, I can't be sure if they will ship with the same plug. YMMV

·
Registered
5 Posts
I purchased this adapter for my P2 brake controller: Tekonsha | 3050-P | Trailer Brake Control Harness

It's listed as a thru '20 compatible product on the Tekonska web site, but it works perfectly.

If you are planning on getting a controller from another brand, I can't be sure if they will ship with the same plug. YMMV
Thank you, that helps. And thanks for the info on where to find the plug.

phasr389, thank you for those pictures. I don't think I would have ever figured that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an old PF and thought it would be in the same place 😬 I was twisting my neck trying to find it in the new ‘22, tremendous help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
BTW, the diagram in the 2022 manual is wrong, maybe it’s showing the old location. Another tip, the small side dash panel needs to be pulled away (this image shows it in place) before pulling the lower panel down because it’s tabs lock into the lower panel.
Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover Personal luxury car Car seat

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, any tips on removing the kick panel and side cover?

Thanks
Use a small trim tool or wrap a flat screwdriver with tape and carefully pry the side panel off, It will pop off pretty easy just don’t want to scratch it. Then just pull the lower panel straight out by hand towards the back of the vehicle. I only pried the left side enough to get my hands in there but the whole thing might come off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts