Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had 2022 pathfinder SL for about a month now. 500 miles driven. every time dive into the garage and get off the car I can smell burnt. I thought was the break. After I pop the hood a stronger smell comes out. now I can tell it's from the engine compartment. the hood supports rod is also too hot to touch.

the car has no warning light or what so ever and it's driving completely fine.

Also, the dealer give me a 2022 Murano as a loaner before my pathfinder was delivered. it kind have the same burn smell. that's why I don't think its a big deal.

Just want to check if anyone has noticed the same smell. Or any hint to help me identify where the smell comes from. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Had 2022 pathfinder SL for about a month now. 500 miles driven. every time dive into the garage and get off the car I can smell burnt. I thought was the break. After I pop the hood a stronger smell comes out. now I can tell it's from the engine compartment. the hood supports rod is also too hot to touch.

the car has no warning light or what so ever and it's driving completely fine.

Also, the dealer give me a 2022 Murano as a loaner before my pathfinder was delivered. it kind have the same burn smell. that's why I don't think its a big deal.

Just want to check if anyone has noticed the same smell. Or any hint to help me identify where the smell comes from. thanks in advance.
Its normal for new cars, engine block, intake and catalytic converter are burning residual lubricants that were there from manufacturing. I've had too, and it went away after about 2K miles

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,616 Posts
With all the plastics used in the engine bays, I too would say it sounds normal. Parking in the same spot in the garage is good because you'll see any leak right away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts