Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks with 2022 Pathfinder. No initial issues with Apple Carplay. Updated my iPhone 12 Pro to IOS 15. Carplay did not entirely break but have issue initiating music source from touchscreen (wireless or wired). Can initiate Amazon Music and MyTunerRadio app from phone and then the touchscreen allows control. Amazon Music even if playing from phone via Carplay, will randomly throw up a message about not connecting to service, yet continues to play fine. Audible and Pandora work fine as they did before the IOS update.
So obviously it's an issue that only appeared after the Apple update. Unsure if it's a NissanConnect software issue, or a iPhone or app issue. Being that the 2022 Pathfinder and of course IOS 15 are so new there is little info on the web about either.
I've contacted NissanConnect support and they took the information and gave me a case number, but no resolution.

Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
36 Posts
From what I've been reading on various forums of different cars with wireless Carplay, they all have issues and bugs and none of them work 100% as they should. I think the tech is just so new that there's still a ton of fixes and enhancements to be done.

If the issue only showed up after an Apple update, then that would lead me to believe the issue stems from Apple and not necessarily Nissan. The programmers at Nissan's OEM radio supply company programmed those to work with whatever the requirements were at the time from Apple and Google. If something changes in Apple's or Google's programming, Nissan would then have to push out their update to coincide with Apple's or Google's. It's a giant cat and mouse game.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would tend to agree with your statement. But some of the apps work just as well before and after the IOS update. So, I am suspecting some bad programming on the part of the app creators.

·
Registered
18 Posts
3 weeks with 2022 Pathfinder. No initial issues with Apple Carplay. Updated my iPhone 12 Pro to IOS 15. Carplay did not entirely break but have issue initiating music source from touchscreen (wireless or wired). Can initiate Amazon Music and MyTunerRadio app from phone and then the touchscreen allows control. Amazon Music even if playing from phone via Carplay, will randomly throw up a message about not connecting to service, yet continues to play fine. Audible and Pandora work fine as they did before the IOS update.
So obviously it's an issue that only appeared after the Apple update. Unsure if it's a NissanConnect software issue, or a iPhone or app issue. Being that the 2022 Pathfinder and of course IOS 15 are so new there is little info on the web about either.
I've contacted NissanConnect support and they took the information and gave me a case number, but no resolution.

Any help or suggestions?
This happened in my '17 civic. I had to manually reset the head unit every time I had an iphone update. Did you learn of a solution?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Maybe unrelated but I have the carplay in my Ram and every time I plug in the usb it takes over and freezes contantly so dont know yet what to blame but I'm using an antique I6S

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get that first year new model problems will come up, but i do hope there is some additional insight on how to fix these issues. We can just hope and wait for OTA updates.

The issue im having with wireless carplay, besides the fact that you cant have wifi hotspot on at the same time. Is that sometimes my phone doesnt auto connect. i have to go to connections and click the apple carplay icon to initiate the connection, then i get a msg about wifi, i say yes and it connects. It seems to do this once every couple of days. Never the same day.

I did turn off hotspot in the car, and just left wifi on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IOS 15.0.2 looks like it has some fixes related to CarPlay listed so hopefully this will improve things!
Looks like that IOS update actually fixed most of the connection issues. Some still linger, but not deal breakers. From what I've read, Apple CarPlay has issues (wired or wireless) so I can live with the minor connection that I have now. Maybe future updates will correct the current issues, or further break CarPlay.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL 2WD
22 Posts
in a month I haven't had any issues, but I noticed something in the last couple of days. If I start a navigation route using Apple Maps before I turn the Pathfinder on, then turn it on, the head unit has a seizure and freezes. I have to end the navigation on my phone so CarPlay can start working normally.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Carplay connection issues haven't totally disappeared. I've found that randomly the connection to the Nissan Connect will fail and I need to enter the CONNECTIONS tab in SETUP and reconnect my iPhone. Generally after that I'm good for a random period of time and then for no apparent reason, it fails to connect. Irritating, but I can live with it....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts