Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I really doubt if it is AT&T's problem. AT&T shouldn't care about the router piece of the head unit, they should only care about the modem piece. Just like your home network where you have a modem and router - your ISP is in control of the modem connection and you are in charge of the router piece. So AT&T shouldn't have anything to do with the Network name and password changing (at least that's my thoughts). It should be something Nissan has to fix. I just don't know how to get this info to Nissan except through the dealer and they aren't much help in regards to this issue.
Unless its wireless modem/router combo from AT&T. Something like this, only for cars:
Don't have time to dig dipper into right now to find schematic and specs, but will update later when I have time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This morning I tried #4, but it did not work as OP described above. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I turned it off in the Eco settings menu, and drive normally thereafter but the engine still shut off when I stopped at the traffic light. So I'm back to pressing the button next to the shifter everytime after startup to disable the feature for the remainder of that trip.
I have had my Pathfinder one week and I am experiencing the same. Will have to get used to turning it off all the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
After about 2.5 months and 1100 miles still love my 2022 PF SV, but these two annoying things showed up recently:
1. Car alarm starts blasting for no apparent reason and stops when timer runs out. Unable to shut it down with keyfab. Getting notifications on my phone each time.
2. In the middle of driving all of the sudden seat belt starts beeping either when I am driving alone or with my wife. Both of us buckle up always, religiously.
Both of these things happen multiple times already. I guess trip to a dealer is in order.

Other than these, no other issues yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
  3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
#5 is a feature.
Have you noticed issue with the heater? My 2022 Nissan Pathfinder SL which I purchased about 3 weeks ago seems to have a very weak heater.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I thought the same thing at first about my '22 Pathfinder SL heater. I traded in a Nissan Xterra that had a heater that would bake you. At first I would set the temp at 72 or 73 degrees on the Pathfinder thinking that's what I set my house temp at...it felt cool (but so does my house vents). Now that winter has arrived in the North East I bumped it up to 75 or more and turn the blower up higher. I also recycle the cabin air when very cold out. The Xterra didn't have a digital temp setting...just a dial... so I really don't know what I was setting it at. So you are not imaging things....but I also don't think it's an issue. *** I have seen other posts though with this same concern so interested to hear what others think. I LOVE my Pathfinder!!

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
5,017 Posts
Does it really do anything in blinding sun? Just use your visor.

·
Registered
418 Posts
On both sides of a windshield there are little arrows. If you do decide to put tint on yourself, you cannot go below those arrows. I once had a vehicle with original tint and had the windshield replace due to a crack. I noticed several months later that the new windshield didn't have tint so I went to a place to install it. My new windshield didn't have the little arrows and the tint company would not install the tint. Said it would be illegal without the arrows to install tint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So over 13K miles in 6 months and here are a few more things I have noticed.

1. Sometimes I try to lock or unlock a door (outside the car) and it will not respond. I go to the next door and it works fine. Go back to the original door I tried and it works fine.
2. Heated seats do not get very warm, but the dealer says they are within spec.
3. Snow or ice while driving can impact the sensors and turn off cruise control and other safety features. Have to get out and clear off the sensors to get things working again.
4. Had freezing rain one day and the door handles were a little frozen. Got the door opened ok, but the handle did not go back to it's normal position. I think a little piece of ice may have kept it from going back to the normal position. After driving, I could not get out the door because the door handle on the outside with just barely out. Crawled out the other side and then realized that was the problem so I opened/closed the outside handle a few times and it closed properly and everything worked fine after that.
5. The door handles on the outside feel flimsy. I don't think they are, but sometimes when I open the door it feels like they are going to pull off.
6. I'm not a fan of the rain sense wipers. They never seem to go the speed I want. I either have to have the wipers on (slow or fast speed) or use rain sense. I don't think there is a regular intermittent setting (just sensitivity on the rain sense).
7. I've towed a small travel trailer a few times (around 4500 lbs loaded). I use a weight distribution hitch and brake controller. I'm pushing the 600 lb tongue weight limit. The Pathfinder has enough power to pull it, but I really don't like the way it feels pulling. The back end of the Pathfinder seems to move around quite a bit. With the independent rear suspension the rear wheels camber out at the bottom quite a bit and I think that is part of the issue. If I raise the tire pressure to max it seems to help a little bit. I've towed the same trailer with my 06 Pathfinder and it doesn't seem to have the same feeling that the 22 has. The motor/trans in the 22 pulls the trailer better than the 06 though.
8. The electronic shifter has it's good points and bad points. I like that we have storage underneath the shifter console. I don't like having to push the P button to put it into park. You would think I would have gotten used to it by now, but I really have to make a conscious effort to remember to push the P button (I keep wanting to slide the shifter forward).
9. I really thought I would get a little better highway MPG. I'm getting around 21 right now. I don't know if that's reasonable, but I just thought it might be a little better.
10. We still have issues with the Wi-Fi constantly resetting the network name and password. I think Nissan now knows about the issue, but still no fix. We cancelled our hotspot service because it just never worked.
11. With all the miles we have driven, I have yet to see another 22 Pathfinder on the road. Kind of cool being the unique one out there.

Now we are going to be getting a bigger travel trailer, so we need a bigger vehicle to tow it with. Today the 22 Pathfinder gets traded in for a heavy duty truck. Will be quite different going from a SUV to a big truck, but that's what we need to do at this point. I really like the looks and most things (ride and features) about the 22 Pathfinder, but if I was looking at a new SUV now and knew what I know about the Pathfinder, I probably wouldn't get another one (at least at this point). The deal breaker is the non-adjustable height of the passenger seat. It is so uncomfortable for my wife. Also, the temp of the heated seats is the other issue. Now the heated seat issue might seem trivial, but heated seats are nice when they get warm enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
  3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
How about AC? I live in a very hot city and wondering how the pathfinder 22 ac would be?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts