Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up my SV yesterday 8/30/2021. One thing I've noticed so far - the button that controls rear seat collapse/fold forward to allow passage to the third row works only to collapse it, and does not work to return them back to the normal position. Both seats just would not return to normal position but I can hear motor is running.

Overall very happy with my choice. Will update if I discover something else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I picked up my SV yesterday 8/30/2021. One thing I've noticed so far - the button that controls rear seat collapse/fold forward to allow passage to the third row works only to collapse it, and does not work to return them back to the normal position. Both seats just would not return to normal position but I can hear motor is running.

Yes. The button tilts the seat and moves it forward when you press it. You have to manually push/pull it back into place. I do wish it remembered how the seat was adjusted (how far it was slid forward). When you push/pull the seat back into place it defaults to the rear most position.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. The button tilts the seat and moves it forward when you press it. You have to manually push/pull it back into place. I do wish it remembered how the seat was adjusted (how far it was slid forward). When you push/pull the seat back into place it defaults to the rear most position.
The seat doesn't have to go back to the rear most position to lock into place. As its sliding back into position, there will be a click sound, at that point and anytime after, the seat can be locked into position, instead of sliding it all the way back first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
__
#1 & #2

Just bought an SL trim two weeks ago and have noticed this very much for the last week or so. Making me nervous, to be honest. I have an appointment set for 9/10 with a Master Technician at a Nissan shop, but nervous they won’t know much about it since these are new vehicles that they haven’t seen a lot.

Any comments or suggestions I could make at the appointment to get them to take a harder look into this?

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
Those of you who are worried about the ZF transmission, when these first started rolling out, a lot of people complained thinking something was wrong when it was perfectly normal. For example, the first generation ZF 9 speed, would rev up a little before changing gears if you were on the highway say going 60 and wanted to speed up. It revved up and would then shift down a gear to get you in the powerband. People complained that this was a problem but the ZF was programmed to behave exactly this way. I think I've even seen Alex on Autos talk about this in one of his reviews IIRC.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also, those of you who are worried about the ZF transmission, when these first started rolling out, a lot of people complained thinking something was wrong when it was perfectly normal. For example, the first generation ZF 9 speed, would rev up a little before changing gears if you were on the highway say going 60 and wanted to speed up. It revved up and would then shift down a gear to get you in the powerband. People complained that this was a problem but the ZF was programmed to behave exactly this way. I think I've even seen Alex on Autos talk about this in one of his reviews IIRC.
Yep, Alex on Autos did a great job explaining the ZF 9 speed that settled my nerves before purchasing. As far as first gear being short, well yeah I noticed that in the first few weeks as well and felt the same way as emfivemore but once I crossed over 500miles or so on the odometer, the tranny started to feel more 'loose' and I seldom feel the short first gear now. Upshifts and downshifts are smoother as well so hopefully just needed to get thru a break in period. I still believe in a 1000mile break in so will be petting it for a few weeks more lol.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
  1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
__
#1 & #2

Just bought an SL trim two weeks ago and have noticed this very much for the last week or so. Making me nervous, to be honest. I have an appointment set for 9/10 with a Master Technician at a Nissan shop, but nervous they won’t know much about it since these are new vehicles that they haven’t seen a lot.

Any comments or suggestions I could make at the appointment to get them to take a harder look into this?
You guys are worrying about nothing.

This actually sounds like normal operation to me. If you're just coasting and slowly bleeding off speed, of course you're going to feel it when the transmission downshits as there's no way it's going to stay in 9th gear going 25mph and slowing. It has to downshift so when you step on the accelerator, there's no delay in acceleration while it downshifts for you to the right gear. It's automatically doing it so the transmission will be ready if you need to speed back up or a light turns green that was red.

It's no different than a manual transmission after you let out the clutch on a downshift. This is called rev matching and those of us that ride motorcycles or have driven manual transmission cars do this all the time. You're matching your engine speed to your vehicle's speed so that as I said, when you go to accelerate, your engine and gearing is in the proper range to give you adequate acceleration. Imagine trying to go from 20mph to 40mph while in 9th gear!

Stop worrying. This is not a problem and nothing's wrong with the transmission. This is proper behavior for a transmission with this many gears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.
Had the same problem at first.... It just took some practice to get the neutral sweet spot

·
Registered
3 Posts

I was also told the same button should push it back. Instead the motor keeps running. Let us know if the dealership says anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. Anyone notice driver seat is slightly crooked? Or there is more cushion on one side compared to the other? In my case, I feel like the right side of the seat is raised and pushed forward.
2. I was told that when parking, the vehicle would not let me hit anything in front of me or behind me. This is not true...it let me wedge my husband between the vehicle and the garage wall. (No spouse was hurt in this test).

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
1. Anyone notice driver seat is slightly crooked? Or there is more cushion on one side compared to the other? In my case, I feel like the right side of the seat is raised and pushed forward.
2. I was told that when parking, the vehicle would not let me hit anything in front of me or behind me. This is not true...it let me wedge my husband between the vehicle and the garage wall. (No spouse was hurt in this test).
LOL, your husband is braver than I am as there's no way I'd let my wife pin me against the wall (at least not with a car :D)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
I have had the same issues regarding the WiFi name and password always changing, Trt a different drive mode to see if you have the same issues. I always hit the button to turn off the start/stop mode, but I have also turned it off in the dashboard settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think my seat moves on its own after I get out and lock the vehicle. It is taking some time to get a set position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.
It becomes easier. Do not hit the side button on the shifter nob to put it into neutral. Just shift forward.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts