Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I picked up my SV yesterday 8/30/2021. One thing I've noticed so far - the button that controls rear seat collapse/fold forward to allow passage to the third row works only to collapse it, and does not work to return them back to the normal position. Both seats just would not return to normal position but I can hear motor is running.

Overall very happy with my choice. Will update if I discover something else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I picked up my SV yesterday 8/30/2021. One thing I've noticed so far - the button that controls rear seat collapse/fold forward to allow passage to the third row works only to collapse it, and does not work to return them back to the normal position. Both seats just would not return to normal position but I can hear motor is running.

Yes. The button tilts the seat and moves it forward when you press it. You have to manually push/pull it back into place. I do wish it remembered how the seat was adjusted (how far it was slid forward). When you push/pull the seat back into place it defaults to the rear most position.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. The button tilts the seat and moves it forward when you press it. You have to manually push/pull it back into place. I do wish it remembered how the seat was adjusted (how far it was slid forward). When you push/pull the seat back into place it defaults to the rear most position.
The seat doesn't have to go back to the rear most position to lock into place. As its sliding back into position, there will be a click sound, at that point and anytime after, the seat can be locked into position, instead of sliding it all the way back first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
__
#1 & #2

Just bought an SL trim two weeks ago and have noticed this very much for the last week or so. Making me nervous, to be honest. I have an appointment set for 9/10 with a Master Technician at a Nissan shop, but nervous they won’t know much about it since these are new vehicles that they haven’t seen a lot.

Any comments or suggestions I could make at the appointment to get them to take a harder look into this?

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts
Those of you who are worried about the ZF transmission, when these first started rolling out, a lot of people complained thinking something was wrong when it was perfectly normal. For example, the first generation ZF 9 speed, would rev up a little before changing gears if you were on the highway say going 60 and wanted to speed up. It revved up and would then shift down a gear to get you in the powerband. People complained that this was a problem but the ZF was programmed to behave exactly this way. I think I've even seen Alex on Autos talk about this in one of his reviews IIRC.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also, those of you who are worried about the ZF transmission, when these first started rolling out, a lot of people complained thinking something was wrong when it was perfectly normal. For example, the first generation ZF 9 speed, would rev up a little before changing gears if you were on the highway say going 60 and wanted to speed up. It revved up and would then shift down a gear to get you in the powerband. People complained that this was a problem but the ZF was programmed to behave exactly this way. I think I've even seen Alex on Autos talk about this in one of his reviews IIRC.
Yep, Alex on Autos did a great job explaining the ZF 9 speed that settled my nerves before purchasing. As far as first gear being short, well yeah I noticed that in the first few weeks as well and felt the same way as emfivemore but once I crossed over 500miles or so on the odometer, the tranny started to feel more 'loose' and I seldom feel the short first gear now. Upshifts and downshifts are smoother as well so hopefully just needed to get thru a break in period. I still believe in a 1000mile break in so will be petting it for a few weeks more lol.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts
  1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
__
#1 & #2

Just bought an SL trim two weeks ago and have noticed this very much for the last week or so. Making me nervous, to be honest. I have an appointment set for 9/10 with a Master Technician at a Nissan shop, but nervous they won’t know much about it since these are new vehicles that they haven’t seen a lot.

Any comments or suggestions I could make at the appointment to get them to take a harder look into this?
You guys are worrying about nothing.

This actually sounds like normal operation to me. If you're just coasting and slowly bleeding off speed, of course you're going to feel it when the transmission downshits as there's no way it's going to stay in 9th gear going 25mph and slowing. It has to downshift so when you step on the accelerator, there's no delay in acceleration while it downshifts for you to the right gear. It's automatically doing it so the transmission will be ready if you need to speed back up or a light turns green that was red.

It's no different than a manual transmission after you let out the clutch on a downshift. This is called rev matching and those of us that ride motorcycles or have driven manual transmission cars do this all the time. You're matching your engine speed to your vehicle's speed so that as I said, when you go to accelerate, your engine and gearing is in the proper range to give you adequate acceleration. Imagine trying to go from 20mph to 40mph while in 9th gear!

Stop worrying. This is not a problem and nothing's wrong with the transmission. This is proper behavior for a transmission with this many gears.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.
Had the same problem at first.... It just took some practice to get the neutral sweet spot

·
Registered
18 Posts

I was also told the same button should push it back. Instead the motor keeps running. Let us know if the dealership says anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. Anyone notice driver seat is slightly crooked? Or there is more cushion on one side compared to the other? In my case, I feel like the right side of the seat is raised and pushed forward.
2. I was told that when parking, the vehicle would not let me hit anything in front of me or behind me. This is not true...it let me wedge my husband between the vehicle and the garage wall. (No spouse was hurt in this test).

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
37 Posts
1. Anyone notice driver seat is slightly crooked? Or there is more cushion on one side compared to the other? In my case, I feel like the right side of the seat is raised and pushed forward.
2. I was told that when parking, the vehicle would not let me hit anything in front of me or behind me. This is not true...it let me wedge my husband between the vehicle and the garage wall. (No spouse was hurt in this test).
LOL, your husband is braver than I am as there's no way I'd let my wife pin me against the wall (at least not with a car :D)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
I have had the same issues regarding the WiFi name and password always changing, Trt a different drive mode to see if you have the same issues. I always hit the button to turn off the start/stop mode, but I have also turned it off in the dashboard settings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think my seat moves on its own after I get out and lock the vehicle. It is taking some time to get a set position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.
It becomes easier. Do not hit the side button on the shifter nob to put it into neutral. Just shift forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 Month of Ownership 1500 miles OBESERVATIONS
1. I noticed the wifi hotspot resetting its self once in a while from a custom SSID and PWD to default ones.
2. I canceled my ATT year plan cause you cant use wifi hotspot at the same time you want to use wireless apple carplay. I rather have wireless apple carplay on all the time.
3. I have also noticed the lights turn on feature when you approach the car after its been asleep and unlocked i believe. I dont mind it. Dont know if theres a setting to control that.
4. One time i pushed the tailgate close & lock button and nothing happened, pushed it again nothing happened. Pushed the close button and it closed. (Only happened 1 day)
5. About 2 times the apple carplay freeze the map is frozen and apple carplay buttons dont work in wired mode and i just have to hit the menu button to go to nissan main page, then click apple carplay icon and back in business.

TRANSMISSION ISSUE
6. I have also noticed the transmission lag in this car as well. I had a jeep cherokee 2015 for several years and learned to live with that horrible transmission. This transmission however is ALOT better. So i cant say there's any issues with it that needs dealer attention at this point. At this point i assume this is just how it is, and we will have to live with it, which again i don't mind since its alot better than the jeep. My other car was a ram 1500 before this, with no issues, but then again that big V8 had enough torque to move it with low RPMs even in the crawl to semi-stop and go scenario where this transmission has the hesitation or dead feel till it engages the lower gear.

MY REAL AND ONLY PROBLEM:
The issue i do have is that wireless apple carplay doesnt always re-auto-connect, it seems that every couple of days i have to go into settings > connections > and click the paired iphones apple carplay icon to initiate the connection. Then i get a msg about WiFi i say yes, and it connects 99% of the time. About 2 times in the last month of owner ship it acted up and didnt want to connect. i had to shut the car off and restart it. I have my wifi hotspot OFF and wifi ON in settings so not sure what is causing the iphone to not auto connect. The bluetooth piece connects consistently all the time, even the times apple care play doesnt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 Month of Ownership 1500 miles OBESERVATIONS
1. I noticed the wifi hotspot resetting its self once in a while from a custom SSID and PWD to default ones.
2. I canceled my ATT year plan cause you cant use wifi hotspot at the same time you want to use wireless apple carplay. I rather have wireless apple carplay on all the time.
3. I have also noticed the lights turn on feature when you approach the car after its been asleep and unlocked i believe. I dont mind it. Dont know if theres a setting to control that.
4. One time i pushed the tailgate close & lock button and nothing happened, pushed it again nothing happened. Pushed the close button and it closed. (Only happened 1 day)
5. About 2 times the apple carplay freeze the map is frozen and apple carplay buttons dont work in wired mode and i just have to hit the menu button to go to nissan main page, then click apple carplay icon and back in business.

TRANSMISSION ISSUE
6. I have also noticed the transmission lag in this car as well. I had a jeep cherokee 2015 for several years and learned to live with that horrible transmission. This transmission however is ALOT better. So i cant say there's any issues with it that needs dealer attention at this point. At this point i assume this is just how it is, and we will have to live with it, which again i don't mind since its alot better than the jeep. My other car was a ram 1500 before this, with no issues, but then again that big V8 had enough torque to move it with low RPMs even in the crawl to semi-stop and go scenario where this transmission has the hesitation or dead feel till it engages the lower gear.

MY REAL AND ONLY PROBLEM:
The issue i do have is that wireless apple carplay doesnt always re-auto-connect, it seems that every couple of days i have to go into settings > connections > and click the paired iphones apple carplay icon to initiate the connection. Then i get a msg about WiFi i say yes, and it connects 99% of the time. About 2 times in the last month of owner ship it acted up and didnt want to connect. i had to shut the car off and restart it. I have my wifi hotspot OFF and wifi ON in settings so not sure what is causing the iphone to not auto connect. The bluetooth piece connects consistently all the time, even the times apple care play doesnt.
For #3 - Yes, it can be disabled in the settings.
And I have the same issue with wireless apple carplay. It's annoying. I'm hoping an up and coming update will fix it soon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've experienced #4 quite a few times already. The worse was one time I left the tailgate opened for an extended period of time and neither button worked no matter how many times I pressed them. Had to manually pull down the liftgate. On the next start up, it was back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
I have the issue with my SSID and password change everyday, when I set a customized PW it will also reset the next day. I originally complained to the dealer who said they thought it was designed this was for security; they suggested it was an AT&T issue. AT&T says it a vehicle issue. I have called Nissan customer service multiple times. They insist its a AT&T issue as well. What specifically should I tell AT&T to do to resolve the problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have the issue with my SSID and password change everyday, when I set a customized PW it will also reset the next day. I originally complained to the dealer who said they thought it was designed this was for security; they suggested it was an AT&T issue. AT&T says it a vehicle issue. I have called Nissan customer service multiple times. They insist its a AT&T issue as well. What specifically should I tell AT&T to do to resolve the problem?
I really doubt if it is AT&T's problem. AT&T shouldn't care about the router piece of the head unit, they should only care about the modem piece. Just like your home network where you have a modem and router - your ISP is in control of the modem connection and you are in charge of the router piece. So AT&T shouldn't have anything to do with the Network name and password changing (at least that's my thoughts). It should be something Nissan has to fix. I just don't know how to get this info to Nissan except through the dealer and they aren't much help in regards to this issue.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts