Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

2022 Pathfinder - Things I have noticed

30K views 63 replies 33 participants last post by  HssrAdv 
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
  3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
How about AC? I live in a very hot city and wondering how the pathfinder 22 ac would be?