Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
This is a feature, forgot what is called, and it can be disabled in the settings menu. I was surprised by it also, as I have never seen it on any vehicle.

Something I have noticed with wireless apple car play. It was problematic until I disabled wifi hotspot in the car. Now car play has been much more reliable with connecting every time I start the car. I had an issue yesterday though where the volume wouldn't adjust up or down on any source. FM, NAV, car play etc, until i disconnected my phone an reconnected it. Seems like they still have some bugs to work out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That's why many never purchase a vehicle the first year it has been redesigned. You guys are on the bleeding edge.
Obviously, it's not perfect.. yet. I will say, I have very few complaints so far, and have been pleasantly surprised at how good the infotainment system is on the Platinum trim. Overall, we're really enjoying the vehicle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
#5 is a feature on my 2022 PF also. You can turn it off with the instrument panel. I haven't figured out on the instrument panel what the car graphic with the x's is. I thought it was for seatbelts but that doesn't seem to be it.
yes, its for 2nd and 3rd row seat belts. green indicates those seatbelts are fastened. Its a good feature if you have young kids. You don't have to ask them or look back to check.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is there a way to turn parking sensors off temporarily ?
I had Nissan Altima loner while our Murano was in service and when I pull into garage emergency brake was activated, its only because I have so many things around.
It could be a PITA to deal with it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On my vehicle with the digital dash there is an onscreen pop up when the sensors are going off, which has the option to turn off. I'm not sure if other vehicles without the digital dash has something similar.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes. The button tilts the seat and moves it forward when you press it. You have to manually push/pull it back into place. I do wish it remembered how the seat was adjusted (how far it was slid forward). When you push/pull the seat back into place it defaults to the rear most position.
The seat doesn't have to go back to the rear most position to lock into place. As its sliding back into position, there will be a click sound, at that point and anytime after, the seat can be locked into position, instead of sliding it all the way back first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 Month of Ownership 1500 miles OBESERVATIONS
1. I noticed the wifi hotspot resetting its self once in a while from a custom SSID and PWD to default ones.
2. I canceled my ATT year plan cause you cant use wifi hotspot at the same time you want to use wireless apple carplay. I rather have wireless apple carplay on all the time.
3. I have also noticed the lights turn on feature when you approach the car after its been asleep and unlocked i believe. I dont mind it. Dont know if theres a setting to control that.
4. One time i pushed the tailgate close & lock button and nothing happened, pushed it again nothing happened. Pushed the close button and it closed. (Only happened 1 day)
5. About 2 times the apple carplay freeze the map is frozen and apple carplay buttons dont work in wired mode and i just have to hit the menu button to go to nissan main page, then click apple carplay icon and back in business.

TRANSMISSION ISSUE
6. I have also noticed the transmission lag in this car as well. I had a jeep cherokee 2015 for several years and learned to live with that horrible transmission. This transmission however is ALOT better. So i cant say there's any issues with it that needs dealer attention at this point. At this point i assume this is just how it is, and we will have to live with it, which again i don't mind since its alot better than the jeep. My other car was a ram 1500 before this, with no issues, but then again that big V8 had enough torque to move it with low RPMs even in the crawl to semi-stop and go scenario where this transmission has the hesitation or dead feel till it engages the lower gear.

MY REAL AND ONLY PROBLEM:
The issue i do have is that wireless apple carplay doesnt always re-auto-connect, it seems that every couple of days i have to go into settings > connections > and click the paired iphones apple carplay icon to initiate the connection. Then i get a msg about WiFi i say yes, and it connects 99% of the time. About 2 times in the last month of owner ship it acted up and didnt want to connect. i had to shut the car off and restart it. I have my wifi hotspot OFF and wifi ON in settings so not sure what is causing the iphone to not auto connect. The bluetooth piece connects consistently all the time, even the times apple care play doesnt.
For #3 - Yes, it can be disabled in the settings.
And I have the same issue with wireless apple carplay. It's annoying. I'm hoping an up and coming update will fix it soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.