Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
  3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,009 Posts
Don't own a 2022 but #5 seems to be the welcome lights which are also found on the R52. This feature can be turned off if desired.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 and 2. Not surprised. Jeep has been trying to work the magic trans programming into the zf9/cherokee since 2014, with mediocre results.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

If anyone has noticed these or has some additional things they have noticed, please respond. That way we have additional information if we take it to the dealer for service.

Thanks
This is a feature, forgot what is called, and it can be disabled in the settings menu. I was surprised by it also, as I have never seen it on any vehicle.

Something I have noticed with wireless apple car play. It was problematic until I disabled wifi hotspot in the car. Now car play has been much more reliable with connecting every time I start the car. I had an issue yesterday though where the volume wouldn't adjust up or down on any source. FM, NAV, car play etc, until i disconnected my phone an reconnected it. Seems like they still have some bugs to work out.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,766 Posts
Seems like they still have some bugs to work out.
That's why many never purchase a vehicle the first year it has been redesigned. You guys are on the bleeding edge.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's why many never purchase a vehicle the first year it has been redesigned. You guys are on the bleeding edge.
Obviously, it's not perfect.. yet. I will say, I have very few complaints so far, and have been pleasantly surprised at how good the infotainment system is on the Platinum trim. Overall, we're really enjoying the vehicle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anybody else notice there's no tint along the top of the windshield? I thought every car had that. I didn't notice until the sun was blinding me from the top angle the other day.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
These threads are why I am so hesitant to even look on forums sometimes! If no one mentions it, no one thinks twice about it! Thanks alot guys! 😀

Ok, I'll play.

#6 I've noticed the infotainment screen itself has a little backlight bleed in the lower left and lower right portion near the knobs. It's really only visible on a dark screens or at night and isn't that bad, but it is noticeable.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
Anybody else notice there's no tint along the top of the windshield? I thought every car had that. I didn't notice until the sun was blinding me from the top angle the other day.
My company car which is a 2020 Escape doesn't have it either FYI. So it's not just a Nissan thing apparently. In fact, now that you got me thinking about it, I wonder if it might be a thing of the past since most newer cars nowadays have camera pods and sensors on the backside of the rearview mirror and maybe that darker strip interferes with the function of them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other thing that has happened twice now. Our driveway has some slope to it (not a lot) but dips just a little where the bottom of the driveway meets the street. In both situations there has been a little moisture on the vehicle and ground. When we backed up the backup emergency braking activated. It stops hard. For some reason it thought there was an object behind be and stopped. So didn't know if it was the angle I drove from the driveway onto the street or the moisture or both. Anyway it scares you when the car stops/brakes so abruptly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One other thing that has happened twice now. Our driveway has some slope to it (not a lot) but dips just a little where the bottom of the driveway meets the street. In both situations there has been a little moisture on the vehicle and ground. When we backed up the backup emergency braking activated. It stops hard. For some reason it thought there was an object behind be and stopped. So didn't know if it was the angle I drove from the driveway onto the street or the moisture or both. Anyway it scares you when the car stops/brakes so abruptly.
I called ATT vehicle connect. They reset the my account. WiFi working now- I hope it stays that way.

Ok, I had a Ford Explorer that slammed on the brakes when backing up. It's awful. Haven't had that happen yet with this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ditto on OP items 1 and 2.

I didn't need the Wifi hotspot so did not activate on vehicle purchase. But let me tell you why I had to, perhaps it might help someone else. So I was having issues with Nissan Connect app where certain data points like Fuel level(miles to empty) and Odometer reading were not getting updated in the app. Spent 3 or 4 days with NC customer service to no avail. Each call ended with them sending me back to the dealership which I refused to do as I did not think it was a problem with the car but rather some backend provisioning on my account that was not set up correctly. Anyway, on my last call to them, the rep suggested I checked the SOS function and while the SOS light was green (i.e. TCU module enabled), the call would not connect to an SOS agent. I kept getting 'call failed'. Again they sent me back to the dealership but I refused to since that kinda proved my point that it was a provisioning issue on their back end. I continued to ponder the SOS issue for another day or two and came up with the idea that maybe AT&T doesn't have my SIM configured since I never activated the hotspot service. Figured I had nothing to loose since it was a free trial anyway lol. So I enrolled for the hotspot. Checked a few mins later and it was working fine but still had issues with SOS and NC app. Later that evening I got an email from AT&T with the phone # that was assigned to my car. The next morning I hit the SOS button and call connected without issue. The agent confirmed they can see my car's location and the call quality was flawless. Checked the NC app and fuel and odometer was now working fine. Turned off hotspot and everything still works fine, so either the NC folks fixed something in their systems, or having AT&T activate my Hotspot service fixed it. I am leaning towards the latter.

Good to know on # 4. Will have to try it as I am getting tired of the auto stop feature. There is another post that talks about lurching from stop when the auto stop/start kick on if you're say stopped by a traffic light or so. The engine stop is almost unnoticeable but the start is very rough. Also, there is a very weird behavior with the auto stop/start when shifting to park. What I mean is, say you pull into a parking space, you hit the brakes and the car stop. Assuming all conditions are perfect, the auto/stop start shuts down the engine which is fine, but then as soon as you hit the Park button the engine will fire up again in a rough fashion. Anyone else experiencing this? maybe comment over on the other thread.

# 5 seems to be the welcome light effect. I really like this feature especially at nights, but wished they had implemented like GM did where the lights would come on a good 10ft or so as you are approaching the vehicle. They call it perimeter lighting.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder Platinum
26 Posts
I got a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum a little over three weeks ago and have driven it about 1400 miles. Here are a few things I have noticed and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these things.

1. First gear is really short, so when you take off you aren't in first very long and the shift to second isn't real smooth. I'm hoping Nissan can adjust this with some programming.
  2. When slowing down to a stop, if you slow down slowly (like coasting), you can really feel the downshifts. If you slow down a little quicker, the downshifts are hardly noticeable.
  3. I have the wi-fi hotspot enabled. I have changed the SSID and password. After a period of time, the SSID and password resets back to the factory settings. I change it back to the ones I had set and it works for a little while and then resets. It has probably reset at least 6 to 8 times. They said to bring it in for service, but I'm guessing that will be futile since it is so sporadic and they probably won't be able to recreate it.
  4. If you turn off the engine auto stop/start in the settings, you still get a message when you stop about eco mode (I can't remember the exact message). The configuration works and the engine doesn't automatic stop/start. Just an annoying message. If you push the button next to the shifter to turn it off (even though it already is), the messages will quit appearing when you stop.
  5. I haven't figured this out yet, but maybe it's in the owners manual. There has been times when the car is sitting and locked and I walk by it with the key fob in my pocket and the outside lights come on (like when you lock it). Kind of weird and I haven't figured out the exact scenario when this happens.

Thanks
In regards to #4, do you have to press the button every time you start the car to get rid of the message or is it a one and done thing (assuming you've already turned it off in the menu)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
This morning I tried #4, but it did not work as OP described above. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I turned it off in the Eco settings menu, and drive normally thereafter but the engine still shut off when I stopped at the traffic light. So I'm back to pressing the button next to the shifter everytime after startup to disable the feature for the remainder of that trip.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks
#5 is a feature on my 2022 PF also. You can turn it off with the instrument panel. I haven't figured out on the instrument panel what the car graphic with the x's is. I thought it was for seatbelts but that doesn't seem to be it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
#5 is a feature on my 2022 PF also. You can turn it off with the instrument panel. I haven't figured out on the instrument panel what the car graphic with the x's is. I thought it was for seatbelts but that doesn't seem to be it.
yes, its for 2nd and 3rd row seat belts. green indicates those seatbelts are fastened. Its a good feature if you have young kids. You don't have to ask them or look back to check.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is there a way to turn parking sensors off temporarily ?
I had Nissan Altima loner while our Murano was in service and when I pull into garage emergency brake was activated, its only because I have so many things around.
It could be a PITA to deal with it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a way to turn parking sensors off temporarily ?
I had Nissan Altima loner while our Murano was in service and when I pull into garage emergency brake was activated, its only because I have so many things around.
It could be a PITA to deal with it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On my vehicle with the digital dash there is an onscreen pop up when the sensors are going off, which has the option to turn off. I'm not sure if other vehicles without the digital dash has something similar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The other day I had a hard time putting the vehicle into neutral, when I was going through the automatic car wash. Turns out, I needed to hold the shifter in the neutral position longer than I expected before it would go to neutral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with gregertech, I love my '22 PF despite having so many changes since the 2020 model. We bought my SL premium, a week before heading to the Rockies and this thing was put through the test heading out there and back; over 2500 miles in a week, mountain slopes, rough terrain, etc. Overall we only had an issue with the engine not shifting and revving upwards of 4000-4500 RPM, husband had to manually shift it up several times as it didn't want to go on it's own even though it was only in like 6th gear; they weren't steep grades and just normal mountain roads. Once we were out of the altitude and done with the mountains we didn't see it happen again. Then when we got back we had flash flooding on my way to work one morning so it got tested against flooding and survived like a champ.

One thing that we noticed that I don't like is if you change the driving mode to say, mud/ruts 4wd, when you shut off and restart the vehicle it defaults it back to standard mode and it's hard to see where the light is it's so dim; I'm sure it's because people forget to return their setting back to normal & everything is about efficiency but it's more annoying than the auto start/stop (which we disable EVERY time) especially living in a state where I'll be trudging through snow in a few months.

Overall I love this vehicle and that it's closer to it's roots, but with a lot more bells and whistles. There's ways around most of the safety features that feel uncomfortable (like auto-braking), just takes time to learn the vehicle and overcome it's technology to "dumb" it back down. ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts