Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

2022 Pathfinder Platinum - Heating issues

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  micheleramirez3282 
#1 ·
Anyone experience the car not heating up when remote started (10-20min) even when all the settings were left on before leaving the car the night before so that it would remember those settings and turn one when remote started.

Everything turns on and appears to be working just not heating/defrosting etc or even warming the engine for that matter only until about 7min of driving those the indicator show 1/4 cold side.

Also, the heated seats do not get very warm even on high, but sometimes will get hot as it should but mainly just feels like it's on very low.

Will be taking it in when they call me to install the auto folding mirror button the factory missed and dealer said it doesn't come with...they were wrong.

The dealers don't know much about this car and it's frustrating.

#15 ·
I had the same issue and brought it up to dealer at the first oil. I have been freezing since October (and it a warm winter in Montreal) coupled with the heater seats are not warm enough.

So when I brought it up for the first oil change they informed me that "it's normal for the gauge to show the engine block temperature at 1/4 when the engine reaches it normal operating temperature".

I guess that Nissan marketing people want to bring back the nostalgia of driving a '72 Datsun!

#3 ·
The heated seats don't get very warm at all. My wife constantly complains about that. The dealer says they took temp measurements and they were within specs. All other vehicles I have owned with heated seats get much warmer and usually have to turn them down.

#8 ·
Just took my car in for a multitude of mainly minor issues but compiled a list over the last 2 months. The heated seats on the driver and 2nd row seats do not heat up and they told me they are replacing the elements and will assess the passenger side once the new part is in and working.

They have my vehicle overnight and will test the remote start in the morning when it's really cold to see how the heater performs on remote start and idle after push start. The windshield barely defrosts after 10 and 20 minutes of remote startup. First discussion with service team is that is normal for newer nissans. I beg to differ, but I'm just a consumer.

#5 ·
I agree.... my driver's side Heated Seat does not work well at all. I can drive with it on "high" for 30 minutes and never feel hot, and never have to reduce the setting to Med or Low. Passenger side works OK according to my wife, and so do the second row seats.

#10 ·
Hey.

So I picked up my car, they don't have much of an update on the remote start heat other than comparing other nissan vehicles of not heating up very well (defrosting is my main concern) however its been -10 to -21 for the last week or so, and it so happened to be 2 degrees in the morning when they were able to test it..so no update. Gotta find another cold day and leave it with them. I feel like they don't have answers and 'it is what it is' attitude. There is no point in the remote start if I can't even defrost after 20 minutes in cold weather.

On the other hand, they have ordered new heaters for the front and 2nd row drivers side seats as they don't work. Once those are replaced and working they will compare the passenger side sides for defects (suspect they will be changed as well)

They also installed the missing power folding mirror button that the factory just forgot to install.

The other item was the passenger side washer fluid jet..pattern was not consistent and is on order now to be replaced.

#14 ·
Well, I got my 2022 pathfinder in December 2021. I no longer have it as I was not going to deal with these issues as I’ve seen them before “back in the day” with my Nissan Altima. In the winter, I noticed it took FOREVER for the inside to get warm. My sensors would constantly turn off and say malfunction. Infotainment system would just black out. Even while the car was in reverse. The rear sensor actually made my car stop when there was nothing behind me. Talk about scary. Now that it’s getting warm outside, my AC doesn’t work. Like legit doesn’t work. Auto is on, AC button clicked, temp on LO, and warm air blows out. I would drive for 30 mins straight to see how long it’ll take to catch, and nothing. Also, some times had to press push to start multiple times for the car to start. Super annoying. Traded out today. I’ve never traded out of a car in 5 months, record time! Smh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.