Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL 4WD
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2022 Pathfinder SL about two weeks ago now and just passed 1,300 miles. So far it's been major problem free with a few minor issues that hopefully are isolated issues and don't become regular occurrences.
  • Apple Carplay Googlemaps in both wireless and wired freezes regularly during long trips. If I flip to a different input then back to Carplay it seems to reset itself.
  • Rear drive side door did not unlock. Needed to re-lock then unlock to get it to release.
  • Loud clunking noise on startup happened once.
  • Fan did not turn on with car and changing the fan speed did nothing. Once car was turned off and back on again it was OK.
  • Wireless charger does not always charge phone. Phone is not at 100% battery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked up my 2022 Pathfinder SL about two weeks ago now and just passed 1,300 miles. So far it's been major problem free with a few minor issues that hopefully are isolated issues and don't become regular occurrences.
  • Apple Carplay Googlemaps in both wireless and wired freezes regularly during long trips. If I flip to a different input then back to Carplay it seems to reset itself.
  • Rear drive side door did not unlock. Needed to re-lock then unlock to get it to release.
  • Loud clunking noise on startup happened once.
  • Fan did not turn on with car and changing the fan speed did nothing. Once car was turned off and back on again it was OK.
  • Wireless charger does not always charge phone. Phone is not at 100% battery.
I have a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD. One time the radio re-booted on its own. Another time it lost the Bluetooth connection and I had to do a manual re-boot. Turn off the radio, and hold (press) down the volume control for more than 20 seconds. The screen will go black. This reboot can take a number of minutes.

I found there are times when the response for the screen modes and funcions to be slow. This is especially for a number of minutes after starting the vehicle.

I found the Google Android Auto link to sometimes not start up. I had to reboot the phone for it to work properly. This is a phone software bug.

When starting cold there is a type of clunking sound, and the engine sounds louder than normal. I believe this may be from the air intake warming air duct. When starting a cold engine most vehicles use a thermal controlled air duct diversion vent that takes air via a heat exchanger that picks up heat from the heat of the exhaust system. This is to help get the engine warmed up faster, and during the winter helps to reduce condensation in the intake system. Once the this duct returns to its normal position the weird type of noise stops. I never closely investigated this on my Pathfinder, but I had other vehicles that were similar to what I am describing.

Overall, I found the ride and comfort to be excellent. Everything has been working okay for me. As for fuel usage it is about the same as I was getting with my previous 2016 Murano AWD Platinum. I found the 2022 Pathfinder drives like it was a bigger Murano. I am impressed with the sport mode. I bought this vehicle to be able to drive through snow storms, and not have annoying parking issues on streets that have a lot of snow. I like the size and the way it drives. This Pathfinder is not an all terrain. From my experience and knowledge it is more of a light to medium duty SUV for basic off road use. I don't plan to use it off road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts