Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL 4WD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2022 Pathfinder SL about two weeks ago now and just passed 1,300 miles. So far it's been major problem free with a few minor issues that hopefully are isolated issues and don't become regular occurrences.
  • Apple Carplay Googlemaps in both wireless and wired freezes regularly during long trips. If I flip to a different input then back to Carplay it seems to reset itself.
  • Rear drive side door did not unlock. Needed to re-lock then unlock to get it to release.
  • Loud clunking noise on startup happened once.
  • Fan did not turn on with car and changing the fan speed did nothing. Once car was turned off and back on again it was OK.
  • Wireless charger does not always charge phone. Phone is not at 100% battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up my 2022 Pathfinder SL about two weeks ago now and just passed 1,300 miles. So far it's been major problem free with a few minor issues that hopefully are isolated issues and don't become regular occurrences.
  • Apple Carplay Googlemaps in both wireless and wired freezes regularly during long trips. If I flip to a different input then back to Carplay it seems to reset itself.
  • Rear drive side door did not unlock. Needed to re-lock then unlock to get it to release.
  • Fan did not turn on with car and changing the fan speed did nothing. Once car was turned off and back on again it was OK.
I have a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD. One time the radio re-booted on its own. Another time it lost the Bluetooth connection and I had to do a manual re-boot. Turn off the radio, and hold (press) down the volume control for more than 20 seconds. The screen will go black. This reboot can take a number of minutes.

I found there are times when the response for the screen modes and funcions to be slow. This is especially for a number of minutes after starting the vehicle.

I found the Google Android Auto link to sometimes not start up. I had to reboot the phone for it to work properly. This is a phone software bug.

When starting cold there is a type of clunking sound, and the engine sounds louder than normal. I believe this may be from the air intake warming air duct. When starting a cold engine most vehicles use a thermal controlled air duct diversion vent that takes air via a heat exchanger that picks up heat from the heat of the exhaust system. This is to help get the engine warmed up faster, and during the winter helps to reduce condensation in the intake system. Once the this duct returns to its normal position the weird type of noise stops. I never closely investigated this on my Pathfinder, but I had other vehicles that were similar to what I am describing.

Overall, I found the ride and comfort to be excellent. Everything has been working okay for me. As for fuel usage it is about the same as I was getting with my previous 2016 Murano AWD Platinum. I found the 2022 Pathfinder drives like it was a bigger Murano. I am impressed with the sport mode. I bought this vehicle to be able to drive through snow storms, and not have annoying parking issues on streets that have a lot of snow. I like the size and the way it drives. This Pathfinder is not an all terrain. From my experience and knowledge it is more of a light to medium duty SUV for basic off road use. I don't plan to use it off road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2022 Pathfinder Platinum 4WD. One time the radio re-booted on its own. Another time it lost the Bluetooth connection and I had to do a manual re-boot. Turn off the radio, and hold (press) down the volume control for more than 20 seconds. The screen will go black. This reboot can take a number of minutes.

I found there are times when the response for the screen modes and funcions to be slow. This is especially for a number of minutes after starting the vehicle.

I found the Google Android Auto link to sometimes not start up. I had to reboot the phone for it to work properly. This is a phone software bug.

When starting cold there is a type of clunking sound, and the engine sounds louder than normal. I believe this may be from the air intake warming air duct. When starting a cold engine most vehicles use a thermal controlled air duct diversion vent that takes air via a heat exchanger that picks up heat from the heat of the exhaust system. This is to help get the engine warmed up faster, and during the winter helps to reduce condensation in the intake system. Once the this duct returns to its normal position the weird type of noise stops. I never closely investigated this on my Pathfinder, but I had other vehicles that were similar to what I am describing.

Overall, I found the ride and comfort to be excellent. Everything has been working okay for me. As for fuel usage it is about the same as I was getting with my previous 2016 Murano AWD Platinum. I found the 2022 Pathfinder drives like it was a bigger Murano. I am impressed with the sport mode. I bought this vehicle to be able to drive through snow storms, and not have annoying parking issues on streets that have a lot of snow. I like the size and the way it drives. This Pathfinder is not an all terrain. From my experience and knowledge it is more of a light to medium duty SUV for basic off road use. I don't plan to use it off road.
I bought 2022 Pathfinder SL 4WS about three weeks ago. I also found the infotainment system to be sluggish. My main issue is with the heater, it seems like it is too weak for the size of the car. I have multiple cars volvo xc60, xc30 and 2017 Rogue sport to compare the heater performance with. How do you find your Pathfinder's heater performance?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought 2022 Pathfinder SL 4WS about three weeks ago. I also found the infotainment system to be sluggish. My main issue is with the heater, it seems like it is too weak for the size of the car. I have multiple cars volvo xc60, xc30 and 2017 Rogue sport to compare the heater performance with. How do you find your Pathfinder's heater performance?
I have not yet driven the new Pathfinder in very cold weather. So far I found the heater to be working okay. I leave the AC mode turned on all the time in my vehicles. This is to reduce humidity, and I was told leaving the AC on it is supposed to be more efficient for the heating.

I did find the radio modes between Menu, Maps, and etc, to be a bit more sluggish than with the Murano that I had. I rarely had issues with the Google Car Play. I am not using any Apple devices, therefore I cannot comment or suggest anything with Apple devices.

I found the remote start to not always respond well. I often have to make a number of attempts to make the remote start work. I was told this is normal with this model. There is supposed to be a software fix coming out.

I have had issues when using Android Connect, there were times when the Cameras were activated for parking or for a warning the screen would freeze in the camera mode. The mode buttons at the screen stopped responding. Even rebooting the radio with the power on does not fix this. I have to shut the engine and open the door to turn off the power to the radio. Now I can close the door and then restart the engine. Now the radio will do a full boot-up and everything will work okay. I started to keep a tab on the frequency of this issue. It occurs approximately one time in about 70 to 80 usages of the vehicle. Since I use the vehicle every day, I could have this type of fault happen about one time every 4 to 5 weeks.

I had the unfortunate incidence where a bus was pulling out from its stop, and hit my Pathfinder on the side. It is now in the shop for about two weeks. It needs new side door panels on the passenger side. The doors have to be removed, the panels changed, and then painted and rust proofed. The cost of the damage with the labour is in the range of $4K. I am in Quebec. In Quebec the bus driver is never at fault. Buses have full right of way. The cars are supposed to move out of his way no matter what the situation is. I am being blamed even though the driver pulled out in to my lane. The insurance is taking care of this for me. My Pathfinder is only about 9 weeks old now, and the right side doors were a bit smashed in! Horrible start for a new SUV!

Overall the Pathfinder drives very well. For its size and weight I am satisfied with how it handles and how it drives. It drives like a larger Murano. I mostly drive it in the Auto mode. I will soon see how it will work in the snow mode this coming winter.

I found the ECO mode is nice when you don't want to have such very fast response. The ECO mode can save about 3% to 7% fuel usage depending on how you drive. As for fuel usage it is not much worse than my 2016 Murano was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have not yet driven the new Pathfinder in very cold weather. So far I found the heater to be working okay. I leave the AC mode turned on all the time in my vehicles. This is to reduce humidity, and I was told leaving the AC on it is supposed to be more efficient for the heating.

I did find the radio modes between Menu, Maps, and etc, to be a bit more sluggish than with the Murano that I had. I rarely had issues with the Google Car Play. I am not using any Apple devices, therefore I cannot comment or suggest anything with Apple devices.

I found the remote start to not always respond well. I often have to make a number of attempts to make the remote start work. I was told this is normal with this model. There is supposed to be a software fix coming out.

I have had issues when using Android Connect, there were times when the Cameras were activated for parking or for a warning the screen would freeze in the camera mode. The mode buttons at the screen stopped responding. Even rebooting the radio with the power on does not fix this. I have to shut the engine and open the door to turn off the power to the radio. Now I can close the door and then restart the engine. Now the radio will do a full boot-up and everything will work okay. I started to keep a tab on the frequency of this issue. It occurs approximately one time in about 70 to 80 usages of the vehicle. Since I use the vehicle every day, I could have this type of fault happen about one time every 4 to 5 weeks.

I had the unfortunate incidence where a bus was pulling out from its stop, and hit my Pathfinder on the side. It is now in the shop for about two weeks. It needs new side door panels on the passenger side. The doors have to be removed, the panels changed, and then painted and rust proofed. The cost of the damage with the labour is in the range of $4K. I am in Quebec. In Quebec the bus driver is never at fault. Buses have full right of way. The cars are supposed to move out of his way no matter what the situation is. I am being blamed even though the driver pulled out in to my lane. The insurance is taking care of this for me. My Pathfinder is only about 9 weeks old now, and the right side doors were a bit smashed in! Horrible start for a new SUV!

Overall the Pathfinder drives very well. For its size and weight I am satisfied with how it handles and how it drives.
Sorry to hear about the incident with the bus. I hope no physical harm was done. I was in Montreal in the mid 90s and found traffic to be little crazy (like Chicago) compared to the laid-back cities in Missouri USA.

I also had similar experience with the remote start, it does not always work.

I have ordered couple of temp/humidity sensors today and will be running tests against my other cars. Once I have the test results, I will upload the result to the discussion board.

I agree, it drives really well for the size. Sometimes I forget that I am driving a large vehicle.

Thank you very much for the response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear about the incident with the bus. I hope no physical harm was done. I was in Montreal in the mid 90s and found traffic to be little crazy (like Chicago) compared to the laid-back cities in Missouri USA.

I also had similar experience with the remote start, it does not always work.

I have ordered couple of temp/humidity sensors today and will be running tests against my other cars. Once I have the test results, I will upload the result to the discussion board.

I agree, it drives really well for the size. Sometimes I forget that I am driving a large vehicle.

Thank you very much for the response.
I was told buses in Quebec have the total right of way, and thought it was like other large vehicles such as trucks. Even if the bus driver does not take proper care and he hits a car it is the car driver who is always responsible. This is a Quebec thing. I found out the hard way. He was supposed to be on his break and he moved forward with his 4 ways on and advanced in to my car. I thought he was going to simply slow down and let me go because I was ahead of him. He veered in to my Pathfinder. Nobody was hurt. I am driving a loaner car for a few weeks.

When the Pathfinder is cold the engine makes a sort of vibrating or kind of a knocking sound. I strongly believe this noise is coming from the exhaust system engine heat exchanger. There is a computer controlled movable vane inside the engine air intake duct that diverts some air from the exhaust system heat exchanger back to the engine air intake to assist the engine to warm up faster. After about 10 to 20 seconds depending on the outside temperature and engine temperature the vane moves back in to position to allow direct outside air flow to the engine. I am guessing this unusual type of noise comes from that vane or duct resonating or vibrating until the vane is positioned back. The engine is heated up faster in vehicles in order to more quickly help comply with the emission controls regulations.

If I had it my way I would want to find a way to disable this heat exchanger operation. Tampering with this is probably illegal, may affect warranty, and would generate an error code because this is computer controlled and has sensors involved.

Another very annoying thing is the auto engine stop/start for when the vehicle is stopped for more than 20 seconds. Once the engine is warmed up this auto feature starts to work. I have to remember to press the disable button every time I start the engine. Long term this feature will destroy the engine starter. It also causes greater rate of engine wear because as soon as an engine is stopped the oil pressure is lost. Engine wear is greatest when the engine is started because for a number of seconds there is no oil pressure through the main crank bearings, piston oil rings, and oil flow in the other parts of the engine.

This engine auto stop/start feature working every time the vehicle is sitting at a light will wear the engine faster, and will eventually wear out the starter faster. The cost of the small amount of gasoline saved over time will nowhere be near to the cost of the starter replacements and engine rebuild after the warranty is finished! On the vehicles that have had this feature for some years now, they are seeing engine and starter issues a lot more frequently. This was originally a stupid and crazy California regulation thing. Now it is in other places.

Back when I was in my 20s and in to my early 30s, I did some high performance engine rebuilding. This was back in the 70s and 80s.

I found out about ways to bypass this feature for some some types of vehicles but not this model of Pathfinder in particular. Bypassing in any way will generate error codes. There are also electronic devices that can be installed in the vehicle to simulate the driver pressing the button when starting the engine. Installing this type of device will affect warranty because it has to be wired in or installed in to the vehicle's electrical system. In many places this is also illegal.

One of the service technicians who does the software installs and system analyzing told me with some of the vehicles they do have a software code they can modify that would disable this feature by default. They make the engine stop/start work in the reverse state. In places where it is allowed to turned off by default they ask the vehicle owner to sign papers indicating they requested this modification and will take full legal responsibility in case there is any legal implication that comes up from this modification. I told him I will simply remember to keep turning it off.

In many of the vehicles if a trailer is connected for the break and driving lights the engine auto stop/start is disabled. I was told by simply connecting a trailer lights tester in to the connector at the rear with many types of vehicles this should disable this feature. There are also some places selling a simple connector that can be connected to to the trailer lights connector. If this is done there will always be a trailer warning indication showing in the dash. For me this is too much trouble to avoid pressing the button. In some places when not pulling a trailer this is illegal because it changes the state of the engine stop/start feature.

When our weather gets much colder I will soon find out about the heater efficiency. In all my vehicles I leave the AC button on all the time. It is supposed to allow for removing humidity. When using the front window defroster the AC will automatically turn on to help get rid of humidity buildup on the window.

There are some vehicle models where the AC is used as a reverse heat pump to help the heating system worm up faster, but this is only when the AC is left on. I don't have any such information about this for the Pathfinder.

I had a 2016 Murano. I did find the heating system was not as strong as on the previous 2013 model of Murano, but it was adequate for me. The AC during the summer was like true refrigeration! We also have a 2016 Juke NISMO. The heating and AC are very strong in this one.

I found on the Pathfinder the seat heaters are excessively strong. After about 20 to 30 seconds of running I have to turn off the seat heater. If I do leave it on, it eventually goes down to a normal type of state, but it is kind of too hot for me even on the low setting. I don't like getting my butt fried! I was told they did this to make it warm up faster in sub zero temperature conditions, and this is software controlled. The dealer cannot change the way this feature works. I prefer the seat heating I had in the Murano. I found the heated steering wheel heating to be weaker than my taste, but I can live with it. The Murano heated steering wheel feature was great for me.

I am waiting for the software fix to stop the radio from freezing in the birds eye view camera mode while the phone is connected in the Android mode. The only fix I know is to reset the power to the radio. I have to stop the vehicle, put in park, and then hold open the driver's door for a few seconds before closing again. Upon restarting the engine the problem is temporarily fixed. Holding the power button for over 25 seconds on the radio with the phone disconnected from the USB port does a soft reboot, but does not always fix/reset this issue. This issue may happen one time in 60 or so times of using the vehicle. I kept track of the frequency of this issue.

If this interests anyone, I found if you use a USB-C to USB3 HUB adapter on the USB-C ports this works. I was able to expand the USB-C to work with 4 of USB3 ports. I can operate multiple devices as like on my computer. So-far I had no issues with this.

I did not try an SSD drive in to the USB connector, but was told with many of the vehicles this will work for playing music. It would probably have to be formatted in FAT32 or exFAT. I doubt the vehicle would be able to read NTFS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was told buses in Quebec have the total right of way, and thought it was like other large vehicles such as trucks. Even if the bus driver does not take proper care and he hits a car it is the car driver who is always responsible. This is a Quebec thing. I found out the hard way. He was supposed to be on his break and he moved forward with his 4 ways on and advanced in to my car. I thought he was going to simply slow down and let me go because I was ahead of him. He veered in to my Pathfinder. Nobody was hurt. I am driving a loaner car for a few weeks.

When the Pathfinder is cold the engine makes a sort of vibrating or kind of a knocking sound. I strongly believe this noise is coming from the exhaust system engine heat exchanger. There is a computer controlled movable vane inside the engine air intake duct that diverts some air from the exhaust system heat exchanger back to the engine air intake to assist the engine to warm up faster. After about 10 to 20 seconds depending on the outside temperature and engine temperature the vane moves back in to position to allow direct outside air flow to the engine. I am guessing this unusual type of noise comes from that vane or duct resonating or vibrating until the vane is positioned back. The engine is heated up faster in vehicles in order to more quickly help comply with the emission controls regulations.

If I had it my way I would want to find a way to disable this heat exchanger operation. Tampering with this is probably illegal, may affect warranty, and would generate an error code because this is computer controlled and has sensors involved.

Another very annoying thing is the auto engine stop/start for when the vehicle is stopped for more than 20 seconds. Once the engine is warmed up this auto feature starts to work. I have to remember to press the disable button every time I start the engine. Long term this feature will destroy the engine starter. It also causes greater rate of engine wear because as soon as an engine is stopped the oil pressure is lost. Engine wear is greatest when the engine is started because for a number of seconds there is no oil pressure through the main crank bearings, piston oil rings, and oil flow in the other parts of the engine.

This engine auto stop/start feature working every time the vehicle is sitting at a light will wear the engine faster, and will eventually wear out the starter faster. The cost of the small amount of gasoline saved over time will nowhere be near to the cost of the starter replacements and engine rebuild after the warranty is finished! On the vehicles that have had this feature for some years now, they are seeing engine and starter issues a lot more frequently. This was originally a stupid and crazy California regulation thing. Now it is in other places.

Back when I was in my 20s and in to my early 30s, I did some high performance engine rebuilding. This was back in the 70s and 80s.

I found out about ways to bypass this feature for some some types of vehicles but not this model of Pathfinder in particular. Bypassing in any way will generate error codes. There are also electronic devices that can be installed in the vehicle to simulate the driver pressing the button when starting the engine. Installing this type of device will affect warranty because it has to be wired in or installed in to the vehicle's electrical system. In many places this is also illegal.

One of the service technicians who does the software installs and system analyzing told me with some of the vehicles they do have a software code they can modify that would disable this feature by default. They make the engine stop/start work in the reverse state. In places where it is allowed to turned off by default they ask the vehicle owner to sign papers indicating they requested this modification and will take full legal responsibility in case there is any legal implication that comes up from this modification. I told him I will simply remember to keep turning it off.

In many of the vehicles if a trailer is connected for the break and driving lights the engine auto stop/start is disabled. I was told by simply connecting a trailer lights tester in to the connector at the rear with many types of vehicles this should disable this feature. There are also some places selling a simple connector that can be connected to to the trailer lights connector. If this is done there will always be a trailer warning indication showing in the dash. For me this is too much trouble to avoid pressing the button. In some places when not pulling a trailer this is illegal because it changes the state of the engine stop/start feature.

When our weather gets much colder I will soon find out about the heater efficiency. In all my vehicles I leave the AC button on all the time. It is supposed to allow for removing humidity. When using the front window defroster the AC will automatically turn on to help get rid of humidity buildup on the window.

There are some vehicle models where the AC is used as a reverse heat pump to help the heating system worm up faster, but this is only when the AC is left on. I don't have any such information about this for the Pathfinder.

I had a 2016 Murano. I did find the heating system was not as strong as on the previous 2013 model of Murano, but it was adequate for me. The AC during the summer was like true refrigeration! We also have a 2016 Juke NISMO. The heating and AC are very strong in this one.

I found on the Pathfinder the seat heaters are excessively strong. After about 20 to 30 seconds of running I have to turn off the seat heater. If I do leave it on, it eventually goes down to a normal type of state, but it is kind of too hot for me even on the low setting. I don't like getting my butt fried! I was told they did this to make it warm up faster in sub zero temperature conditions, and this is software controlled. The dealer cannot change the way this feature works. I prefer the seat heating I had in the Murano. I found the heated steering wheel heating to be weaker than my taste, but I can live with it. The Murano heated steering wheel feature was great for me.

I am waiting for the software fix to stop the radio from freezing in the birds eye view camera mode while the phone is connected in the Android mode. The only fix I know is to reset the power to the radio. I have to stop the vehicle, put in park, and then hold open the driver's door for a few seconds before closing again. Upon restarting the engine the problem is temporarily fixed. Holding the power button for over 25 seconds on the radio with the phone disconnected from the USB port does a soft reboot, but does not always fix/reset this issue. This issue may happen one time in 60 or so times of using the vehicle. I kept track of the frequency of this issue.

If this interests anyone, I found if you use a USB-C to USB3 HUB adapter on the USB-C ports this works. I was able to expand the USB-C to work with 4 of USB3 ports. I can operate multiple devices as like on my computer. So-far I had no issues with this.

I did not try an SSD drive in to the USB connector, but was told with many of the vehicles this will work for playing music. It would probably have to be formatted in FAT32 or exFAT. I doubt the vehicle would be able to read NTFS.
I am also very much annoyed by the start/stop feature of the Pathfinder and was looking for ways to disable it but could not find it. I agree with you the start/stop feature ultimately takes a toll on the engine

I have yet to notice the vibrating noise, I probably did not pay much attention but I have read many people are experiencing that in their 2022 pathfinder.

I also have not tried connecting my phone yet. Even without phone connection the camera froze up once.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, owner of a 2022 PF platinum 4WD since september. I love the car but 2 things annoy me.
1: the lumbar setting in driver seat seems to stick out even when completely put in the seat. Anyone else with that feeling?
2: the headlights. The driver’s side does light enough road. Automatic high beam correct that but it’s annoying to have to rely on a system that turns on and off automatically. I asked the dealership to adjust it and they did not want to to set it up higher because it would blind coming drivers. anyone else seeing that dark spot on driver’s side?

thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
First time posting about my 2022 Pathfinder Platinum but wanted to give an update at 5,500 miles.

A few issues I have noticed.

1. I agree with everyone else about the lagging in the display/nav screen. Hopefully there is an update Nissan can do at some point.

2. Auto start/stop needs to be refined or a shut off needs to be added in the software. Personally when I’m making a turn and brake waiting for a car to pass the engine shuts off than when I go the car is delayed and lurches. Please NISSAN add a permanent shut off!

3. After owning a 2019 pathfinder I can say the black trim pillar posts on the doors look a lot cheaper and wear to quick. Not a huge fan of gloss black plastic.. I know this could be just my attention to detail and some can say the car is washed poorly but the car looks like it was in a show room I baby it and wash it myself. Idk if the old trim on my 19 was painted and this is just plastic but it’s a pain when the car looks amazing and the trim is dull.

Just to be fair I will include my likes.

1. Body style is really sharp
2. Plenty of room for a family of 4 and the driver seat offers more than enough room for being 6’3.
3. Drive is smooth and enjoyable on long rides.
4. Glad the cvt transmission is gone!
5. The interior lighting is nice especially at night with the accent lighting.

So far I am happy with the vehicle and hope I have a lot of good years ahead with it. I may do a future update if I notice anything new but that’s it for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the car sometimes has trouble and gets stuck between gears? I can physically shift to drive and it drives but it's like it doesn't "catch" and I have to either go into park or shut the car off and back on to get it to drive properly again. I took it in and they could not replicate, but did a computer update. It seemed okay for a few weeks then happened again today. Just curious if anyone else noticed this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine is currently in the shop because the heater stopped working 3 times. I couldnt defrost my window and therefore couldnt get to where I was headed. The most recent time 2 days ago.. it came on finally but the fan was so loud, it sounded like it was going to break. Waiting on parts for 3 recalls, main light is leaking, had a rattle it was serviced for last month (since week 1) that they had to take interior roof off to fix, and they fixed the passenger light that also had a leak. Sigh. I am worried whats going to be next. This is my family vehicle with two young kids.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the car sometimes has trouble and gets stuck between gears? I can physically shift to drive and it drives but it's like it doesn't "catch" and I have to either go into park or shut the car off and back on to get it to drive properly again. I took it in and they could not replicate, but did a computer update. It seemed okay for a few weeks then happened again today. Just curious if anyone else noticed this
Yes! That is another reason its in for service right now. Sigh.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Nova Scotia, Canada where the weather can be very wet and well below freezing. I just got my 2022 Pathfinder SL Premium in December, one thing I have noticed is that the lock/unlock on the door handles have a mind of their own. Especially the lock feature. It was snowing and -9 degrees celcius today. I was out 3 times today and could not lock the doors from the driver side front or rear doors when touching the right side of the door handle. The same doors unlocked each time when I placed my hand insidd the door handle to open it. I ended up using the remote to lock it once my hands were free and I was inside. I miss my 2014 Pathfinder that had the button to press to lock/unlock the doors. Technology is great… when it works!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree, my Pathfinder doors are also a bit inconsistent with the locking, and sometimes I have to press multiple times. I would have preferred physical buttons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my 2022 Pathfinder about 3 months now and have taken it back to the dealer multiple times.
1. Heated Seats not working properly
2. Leaking water inside the cabin.
3. Wireless charger not working properly.
4. Driver side door handle failed to lock/unlock car (waiting for new door handle).
I just get a bunch of excuses about the other issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought our 2022 Pathfinder SV Premium. Right off the bat we are having issues with the Audio/Navi screen rebooting or just shutting off. The dealer tried to blame the issue on the Iphone. I quickly dismissed that because upon start up with no phone connected the screen did not turn on until later in our drive. Extremely disappointing to be having issues already. When the screen turns off so does the USB charging ports. Car also revs up upon placing in Park which is odd. I agree about the auto stop, there should be a way to permanently disable this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You make some excellent points. I also hate the engine auto on/off feature and wish it could be turned off full time without manually doing it every time I start my Pathfinder. I live near Edmonton and the temperatures got a little cold over the past winter. In that respect I found that the heater system to be less than adequate and when on the highway the defrost was poor. Again this was only during the coldest temperatures when it was around -35, otherwise it worked ok. In my humble opinion, if a car company is going to sell vehicles in cold climates make the heating systems to adequately deal with it.

One interesting issue I have found with my Pathfinder was in respect to electrical interference. Twice I parked near an electrical car charging station at local businesses and each time I came back my Pathfinder was completely dead. Key fab etc did not work. The only way I could start my vehicle was manually using the key to unlock the door and then fab to starter button. After it started everything reset within a minute or 2. To say the least I am a little more mindful where I park now. Spoke to the dealership and they confirmed that this happens quite often and no damage occurs.

I have had my Pathfinder since the end of July 2021 and so far I am enjoying it. It was a bit of a down size from my truck but with gas prices I'm not complaining.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
5 Posts

The wireless charging pad is not located properly. It is a design issue. There should be a higher step at the end of the pad to stop phones from sliding toward the end of the compartment. When they slide over the step, the wireless charger can not charge anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had my 2022 Pathfinder about 3 months now and have taken it back to the dealer multiple times.
1. Heated Seats not working properly
2. Leaking water inside the cabin.
3. Wireless charger not working properly.
4. Driver side door handle failed to lock/unlock car (waiting for new door handle).
I just get a bunch of excuses about the other issues.
Where is your leaking? Mine started leaking on Driver's front A-pillar and headliner during a torrential downpour. Dripped on me all drive home.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts