Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here is a very easy way to disable Auto Start/Stop permanently: just unplug the connector to the hood's state sensor. According to the manual, Auto Start/Stop doesn't work when the hood is open. Several days driving in different conditions: it's always off, when I break at traffic lights, a small crossed icon appears to confirm. No side effects so far.
@aragats - Hi, I recently had my PF serviced for alarm going on/off spontaneously and Auto Start/Stop stopped working (not that I disconnected anything myself, or liked the lurching). Turns out same connector E234 had an open circuit on the red wire and did not closed with hood being shut. This red wire was pinched during latch installation at manufacturing assembly.

Therefore I have a question for you - have you checked if your alarm if its functioning at all with disconnected hood sensor/switch?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Apparently there's an "Iddle Sensor" related to the iddle start/stop system. Could be something else too. Not clear what impact it might have if disconnected or if it'll trigger a CEL, but it's behind the air box/intake system. It doesn't bother me that much yet to try disconnecting it.

View attachment 17501
Hi DRK, normally "Idle Sensor" controls the amount of air that bypasses the throttle plate in cars with a fuel injection system. I wouldn't want to mess with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't, will check it later today and report. How would you suggest checking it? What was wrong with yours? Thanks!
My connector E234 had an open circuit on the red wire cause it was pinched, and became cut with vibration. Technician had to solder it back together.

As for testing your alarm, try to leave driver side window open, lock the car standing outside, and open it by reaching handle inside through the winow without key fob in close proximity.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts