Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
My 2022 does that. But in my case it runs smoothly and then all of a sudden it lurches so hard I thought someone hit me. Then every stop thereafter my brakes grind until I release the break and rebrake.
I have it on idol settings and when that happens the idol display disappears.
Did you find out the problem? I find it scary when it happens.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
304 Posts
I actually tried this today and it definitely jumped, but it was because I didn't have enough pressure on the brake pedal. At the next light, I tried applying a little more pressure on the brake and it was smooth when it was time to go, no lurching. FWIW, this feature is new to me, so probably not truly representative of what others may see...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is a very easy way to disable Auto Start/Stop permanently: just unplug the connector to the hood's state sensor. According to the manual, Auto Start/Stop doesn't work when the hood is open. Several days driving in different conditions: it's always off, when I break at traffic lights, a small crossed icon appears to confirm. No side effects so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is a very easy way to disable Auto Start/Stop permanently: just unplug the connector to the hood's state sensor. According to the manual, Auto Start/Stop doesn't work when the hood is open. Several days driving in different conditions: it's always off, when I break at traffic lights, a small crossed icon appears to confirm. No side effects so far.
Still working with this mod? Can you post a picture of the connector?

·
Registered
693 Posts
The hood state usually defaults to closed with the switch unplugged, but if it goes to open, you'll probably lose remote start. I wonder if it impacts how long it takes all of the modules go to sleep with the hood open.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,521 Posts
If there is no "side" effect to driving with that disconnected, you could cut the wire going to that sensor and run it through a relay that powers only when the engine is running. Tapping into the daytime running lights to power the relay might be the best as I believe these don't turn on with the parking brake engaged.
And you want to use a 5 pin relay and run the hood switch through the Normally Closed terminal.
Now, doing this might void your warranty.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I imagine this would set dtcs of some type. If you scanned the vehicle, you could look them up in the service manual, and sometimes it tells you the fail safe, what may become deactivated or something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey folks, not sure if this is relevant to any one here. I recently reached out to AutoStopEliminator to see if they have a device yet for the Pathfinder as I have used their devices on previous cars for the extract same reason, unfortunately the rep that responded said not yet. But, she did note that i was willing to take my car to them, they could work on creating one, and not only will i get mine for free, but they will also pay for my time to bring it in (in the email she stated $300), unfortuanly they are located in Fairmont, WV and I'm in Florida so that a bit of a drive. But if you, or you know anyone close by that is willing to take their Pathfinder to them and also make a bit of cash this is an option, and once they have the device made, they'll add it to their online store for the rest of us to buy.

Like I said, I have used their devices in the past, and it completely take care of the Auto-Stop nonsense with no side effects whatsoever.

If interest just visit their site and email them.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
304 Posts
Apparently there's an "Iddle Sensor" related to the iddle start/stop system. Could be something else too. Not clear what impact it might have if disconnected or if it'll trigger a CEL, but it's behind the air box/intake system. It doesn't bother me that much yet to try disconnecting it.

Gesture Font Rectangle Parallel Slope

81 - 100 of 107 Posts