Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks so much for the info, part of what I'm conveying is Auto Stop/Start shouldn't take a procedure to use and we should be able to disable and have it stay that way rather than press button, press another button, step on break, turn steering wheel, press gas.. LOL! What happened to intuitive?
Your procedure is only for Tuesdays, on Wednesday you have to clap you hands three times at the end. ;)

Agreed, Start/Stop is extremely annoying option. But at least there is a button to turn in it off for a trip. Cady XT5 doesn’t have it.
Im afraid all car manufacturers will go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one noticing this as an issue. It's very aggressive. My husband's Ram has this feature and it's barely noticeable. Not to mention, the Pathfinder's feature only keeps the engine off for 10-12 seconds and doesn't work all the time. The most annoying part is when it shuts off as you enter a parking spot only to turn back on when the vehicle is put in park. I'd rather the dealership just disengage it completely.
Will they do that? My first request when it’s oil change time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
Brent1F, my 2022 does the exact same thing. Sitting at light and before light changes, auto start kicks in and it lurches forward. Thankfully brake is pressed. Can be very unsettling. We just turn it off. Sad, it can be a cool feature if it was smoother.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Wondering if anyone else is having this experience? Nearing 4500 miles and while I still don't like the feature, Auto Start/Stop seems to be "breaking in". It's not lurching or banging any longer. It's acting more like I would expect it to. I thought maybe I'm just getting used to it but don't think that's the case.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is having this experience? Nearing 4500 miles and while I still don't like the feature, Auto Start/Stop seems to be "breaking in". It's not lurching or banging any longer. It's acting more like I would expect it to. I thought maybe I'm just getting used to it but don't think that's the case.
still does the lurching at 15000 miles. Probably getting used to it. It is ridiculous. I disengage all the time but sometimes forget. Then lookout. Need to make sure brake pedal is pressed firmly which I rarely do. I want it disengaged permanently. My wife's X3 has a switch. Never have to worry about it again. Nissan must like to annoy customers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your procedure is only for Tuesdays, on Wednesday you have to clap you hands three times at the end. ;)

Agreed, Start/Stop is extremely annoying option. But at least there is a button to turn in it off for a trip. Cady XT5 doesn’t have it.
Im afraid all car manufacturers will go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BMW X3 has a switch. one time and then done. Nissan better smarten up. Notice the silence from Nissan?

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD, Obsidian Green
31 Posts
Nissan told me it's normal because the car is in gear and will move if the brake isn't pressed firmly, bla bla bla. The way I avoid it without touching the button to turn it off every startup is to keep the air vent setting on defrost and foot vents (its winter for me in toronto area)...idling stop system won't engage if this and many other things things are present. Owner manual page 5-189.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nissan told me it's normal because the car is in gear and will move if the brake isn't pressed firmly, bla bla bla. The way I avoid it without touching the button to turn it off every startup is to keep the air vent setting on defrost and foot vents (its winter for me in toronto area)...idling stop system won't engage if this and many other things things are present. Owner manual page 5-189.
To Nissan - of course it is 'normal' and we know the car is in gear. Clearly Nissan isn't answering the fundamental question. How do we get a permanent off switch? Also we are used to the lurching (almost) but what happens if a stranger drives our car and is a stop light as the baby buggy goes by? Silly people.
How is the low front passenger seat working? Does your touch lock work all the time? My doesn't and it is annoying. Dealer says it is too cold. (I'm in BC). Funny the X3 touch lock works fine in all weather.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD, Obsidian Green
31 Posts
To Nissan - of course it is 'normal' and we know the car is in gear. Clearly Nissan isn't answering the fundamental question. How do we get a permanent off switch? Also we are used to the lurching (almost) but what happens if a stranger drives our car and is a stop light as the baby buggy goes by? Silly people.
How is the low front passenger seat working? Does your touch lock work all the time? My doesn't and it is annoying. Dealer says it is too cold. (I'm in BC). Funny the X3 touch lock works fine in all weather.
There are auto stop eliminators but not sure about for Nissan pathfinder (yet). The seat is just something the wife will need to get used to, she knew about it when we test drove..she bought a cushion, but didn't help much as it slides around getting onto it.

As for the touch lock on handle on outside..its finicky with finger touch but I've found I've had to use my palm essentially or whole hand if you will for it to work 99% of the time.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,336 Posts
I encourage you all to report this issue to:
US:
Canada:

When many reports come in for the same issue, they will look onto it and could force Nissan to act on it.
You should report it as a safety concern as you could hit a pedestrian crossing in front of you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
I’m going through this now and Nissan no help at all driving me nuts I feel like the car is just going to go even with my foot on the break

·
Registered
2 Posts
I finally brought my SL premium in for the 2nd row seat recall and had them perform the ISS -ECM reprogramming bulletin. From driving for just a few min, the issue seems to be fixed! 7 months of annoyance hopefully over now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I finally brought my SL premium in for the 2nd row seat recall and had them perform the ISS -ECM reprogramming bulletin. From driving for just a few min, the issue seems to be fixed! 7 months of annoyance hopefully over now.
Hello, did you notice any other issues/fixes from the ISS-ECM update? Any change in fuel economy? acceleration? downshifting (to overtake on a highway for example)? The details around what the ISS-ECM update is supposed to fix is sketchy. Thx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, did you notice any other issues/fixes from the ISS-ECM update? Any change in fuel economy? acceleration? downshifting (to overtake on a highway for example)? The details around what the ISS-ECM update is supposed to fix is sketchy. Thx!
I've only driven about 6 miles since getting it back yesterday, so i don't have much to base it on yet. Now that you mention it, the acceleration shifting does feel a bit smoother. I'll give it some time and report back. My wife thought I was crazy turning off the heat in the car so that I could be sure the idle stop/start issue was better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've only driven about 6 miles since getting it back yesterday, so i don't have much to base it on yet. Now that you mention it, the acceleration shifting does feel a bit smoother. I'll give it some time and report back. My wife thought I was crazy turning off the heat in the car so that I could be sure the idle stop/start issue was better.
Ok cool, thx. I'm curious, as some folks have reported positively like you did, while others saw a drop in fuel economy if I recall correctly, hence my hesitation to get the update done.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts