Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks so much for the info, part of what I'm conveying is Auto Stop/Start shouldn't take a procedure to use and we should be able to disable and have it stay that way rather than press button, press another button, step on break, turn steering wheel, press gas.. LOL! What happened to intuitive?
Your procedure is only for Tuesdays, on Wednesday you have to clap you hands three times at the end. ;)

Agreed, Start/Stop is extremely annoying option. But at least there is a button to turn in it off for a trip. Cady XT5 doesn’t have it.
Im afraid all car manufacturers will go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seems logical that you would "lurch forward" if you don't have your foot on the brake. Afterall, the vehicle is in gear so it’s gonna move when the engine starts.

Me? I disable auto start. The few times I experienced it, I hated it.
Please share how to disable this feature. I hate it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one noticing this as an issue. It's very aggressive. My husband's Ram has this feature and it's barely noticeable. Not to mention, the Pathfinder's feature only keeps the engine off for 10-12 seconds and doesn't work all the time. The most annoying part is when it shuts off as you enter a parking spot only to turn back on when the vehicle is put in park. I'd rather the dealership just disengage it completely.
Will they do that? My first request when it’s oil change time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate this auto idle feature. My foot was on the brake in a drive thru and the suv jumped forward and almost caused me to rear end the car in front of me with this feature on. I want to turn it off permanently.
Me too! If you figure out how to disable permanently please post.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
Brent1F, my 2022 does the exact same thing. Sitting at light and before light changes, auto start kicks in and it lurches forward. Thankfully brake is pressed. Can be very unsettling. We just turn it off. Sad, it can be a cool feature if it was smoother.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts