Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where were you able to find the details on the ISS-ECU reprogram service campaign?

The MyNISSAN app indicates my SL should get it, but doesn’t list any detail. I called the service department at my dealership and was told it was just a software update and they had no details on what it addressed.

Thanks
Input your VIN here and it will pull up the details...

Vehicle Recall Lookup | Nissan USA

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SV
1 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
I have this same issue with my 2022. I also received a recall notice for the ISS-ECM REPROG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
For me I didn’t like the Start/Stop either because it’s kicking and making a big sound when it restarts so I have to turn it off all the time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it lurches at that time and also when coasting to a stop, watch the RPM's. the needle bounces around 800-1200. It seems like in the very low gears, the transmission can't decide which gear it wants to be in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is only in eco mode right? If you are in standard mode does this happen? I know that in ECO mode you can either enable/disable the Auto Start/Stop Mode. I did notice that I can disable it in the menu settings and then press the button on the center console to turn it off. I did notice that the car slightly moves forward. I think its gets into 1st gear so obviously it will move forward. But lurching forward is a little bit of a concern. I have to get used to this a bit. Start the car. put it into drive and then press the button on the console to turn it off.
My car has the same problem with auto start and stop too it lurch and it’s kind of loud too I don’t like that so every time I go to drive I had to turn off Start and Stop

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes mine is the same and this is my new wheels 20” mat black got it done at Discount Tire in Lakeland Fl and I love these wheels a lot 😂
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate this auto idle feature. My foot was on the brake in a drive thru and the suv jumped forward and almost caused me to rear end the car in front of me with this feature on. I want to turn it off permanently.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes my car did that too but it doesn’t lurch forward it was just the big clunking noises when and engine restarted again and I don’t like it so turn it off every time and I don’t know if the dealership should fix this problem
These are my aftermarket 20” wheels they run really good not a lot of noises coming from the tires. And I have an 18” wheels and tires for sell if someone interested? They’re silver with some gray on it it’s only used 1800 miles looks brand new .
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
We’re considering a new Pathfinder. Does the start/stop need to be disabled every time the car is started? It’s that way on our Outback and we disliked it so much we bought the Autostop eliminator for it. Just curious if it’s the same or if there’s a way to permanently disable it.
Yes - the feature needs to be disabled. In my 2022 Pathfinder, when it isn't disabled, it works sporadically.

·
Registered
3 Posts
there’s a (hold) button next to the auto start that disables that lurching function.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
there’s a (hold) button next to the auto start that disables that lurching function.
Shooter,

Thanks for the response, the Auto Brake Hold actually interferes with the Auto Start/Stop, I find that when I try to use both at the same time with Auto Hold engaged and Auto Stop engaged, when depressing the gas pedal, the Auto Stop disengages before the Auto Hold which causes the Auto Hold to keep the vehicle from moving, in fact you can feel and hear the breaks engaging harder for about 1 - 2 seconds and then they release and the vehicle moves forward. My dealer recommended the same thing then I went back and showed them the behavior, as expected they didn't know what was going on and didn't have a way to fix it. So that's not a solution for me. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd love to know where is that magic place were cars can be returned when you are not happy with them.

New vehicles often need to be tweaked and from the amount of complaints we've seen posted in this forum plus a video posted in another thread showing very high rpms upon engine re-start, I think this is a valid concern.
Auto-start is not a new technology and this doesn't happen with other vehicles.
Taking it to the dealer might be a waste of time until Nissan issues a fix but they won't do anything about it until there are enough complaints.
I too would like to drop this thing off at that magic place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Shooter,

Thanks for the response, the Auto Brake Hold actually interferes with the Auto Start/Stop, I find that when I try to use both at the same time with Auto Hold engaged and Auto Stop engaged, when depressing the gas pedal, the Auto Stop disengages before the Auto Hold which causes the Auto Hold to keep the vehicle from moving, in fact you can feel and hear the breaks engaging harder for about 1 - 2 seconds and then they release and the vehicle moves forward. My dealer recommended the same thing then I went back and showed them the behavior, as expected they didn't know what was going on and didn't have a way to fix it. So that's not a solution for me. Thanks anyway.
Did not know that, but I do now. Thanks for the get back

·
Registered
1 Posts
I absolutely hate this feature on my 2022 pathfinder and wish it could be permanently shut off. Mine kicks back on why holding my foot on the brake. And even when I shut it off when I start the vehicle. It kicks back on, on its own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shooter,

You can also disengage the auto stop by turning the steering wheel slightly. I use both the auto hold and auto stop together at the same time, and whenever I'm stopped and the car has turned itself off, I just turn the steering wheel slightly to start the car again and then press the gas to disengage the brake hold. After getting used to it, I no longer have any problem with the auto stop or auto hold features. They actually seem to work pretty well now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
You can also disengage the auto stop by turning the steering wheel slightly. I use both the auto hold and auto stop together at the same time, and whenever I'm stopped and the car has turned itself off, I just turn the steering wheel slightly to start the car again and then press the gas to disengage the brake hold. After getting used to it, I no longer have any problem with the auto stop or auto hold features. They actually seem to work pretty well now.
Thanks so much for the info, part of what I'm conveying is Auto Stop/Start shouldn't take a procedure to use and we should be able to disable and have it stay that way rather than press button, press another button, step on break, turn steering wheel, press gas.. LOL! What happened to intuitive?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts