Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ideally you should only notice the engine restarting, but its the harsh nature of the restart that produces the lurch. In my research before purchasing the Pathfinder, I was very excited to read about all the fluid filled engine mounts and what's not to minimize engine noise and vibrations - I'm beginning to wonder if there is an issue with any of them that's not absorbing the energy properly on the restart, thereby causing said energy to be transferred to the chassis and producing the lurch. Just thinking out loud, not a mechanic by any means.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My 2022 pathfinder does not lurch, and sometimes I actually wonder if the function even works. Anyone else with that experience? Should you notice a lurch or the engine stating after a stop?
I feel like that is how it's supposed to work, When I test drove a Pathfinder before purchase, I recall having the same experience, I couldn't tell when Auto Start / Stop actually worked without looking at the dash board indicator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel like that is how it's supposed to work, When I test drove a Pathfinder before purchase, I recall having the same experience, I couldn't tell when Auto Start / Stop actually worked without looking at the dash board indicator.
Thanks for sharing Brent. That’s reassuring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same here, was flawless on both pathfinders I test drove before purchasing mine. Even mine was flawless for the first 2wks or so, and then I started noticing the harsh auto start more and more...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Same here, was flawless on both pathfinders I test drove before purchasing mine. Even mine was flawless for the first 2wks or so, and then I started noticing the harsh auto start more and more...
Thats interesting, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My car lurched twice yesterday when the car restarted after auto stop kicked in, both times I was stopped at a light and the car was at a slight incline. I have 1250 mi on it and he has never done that until now. My guess is the incline had something to do with it. It's also worth noting that Auto Hold was enabled too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
There is all sorts of logic in the system to turn it on and off. There will be a fault displayed if there is an issue, otherwise don't try to think through it. It has to be driven over 12mph to activate it, driving in traffic or stop go under 5mph will deactivate it until driven over 5mph. The button turns it on/off any time you want. There is a ridiculous amount of data used for that system - any change in brake pressure while stopped (it's very sensitive), battery voltage, in cabin temp, outside temp, hvac choices, driver seatbelt status, door positions, even turning the steering wheel can impact it.

It's been used for years in other makes, so don't stress over it. Just drive it until there is a real problem or a light comes on.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 2WD
10 Posts
Nissan did us all a favor by conveniently locating a disable button for the automatic engine stop/start feature right near the shifter. My normal start up routine is to shift into Drive, then disable the auto-stop feature, then change the transmission to SPORT mode.

I do this now every time I hop in the vehicle and I have no complaints. This V6 engine with the transmission in SPORT mode accelerates very well. No V8 envy. Love the Gas Mileage, and the fact that it drinks REGULAR gas.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts