Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Seems logical that you would "lurch forward" if you don't have your foot on the brake. Afterall, the vehicle is in gear so it’s gonna move when the engine starts.

Me? I disable auto start. The few times I experienced it, I hated it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems logical that you would "lurch forward" if you don't have your foot on the brake. Afterall, the vehicle is in gear so it’s gonna move when the engine starts.

Thanks Bob, foot is on the break, same pressure it took to bring the vehicle to a stop but that amount of pressure isn't enough to keep the vehicle stationary when the engine restarts and transmission reengages

·
Registered
2 Posts

We’re considering a new Pathfinder. Does the start/stop need to be disabled every time the car is started? It’s that way on our Outback and we disliked it so much we bought the Autostop eliminator for it. Just curious if it’s the same or if there’s a way to permanently disable it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We’re considering a new Pathfinder. Does the start/stop need to be disabled every time the car is started? It’s that way on our Outback and we disliked it so much we bought the Autostop eliminator for it. Just curious if it’s the same or if there’s a way to permanently disable it.
I m not the owner, but interested in Pathfinder too and as you hate this stop/start option.

I think there is a stetting to turn it off, not every time when you start the car but each stop you will get Eco warning message but if you turn it off with button every time you wont get message. Not sure how big the message but it might get annoying in the stop and go traffic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2022 Pathfinder lurches when restarting after the Auto Start/Stop has stopped the engine. If I'm sitting at a light and it turns off, then turns back on again before the light turns green, unless I have my foot firmly on the break peddle I lurch forward and have to depress the break to stop, It's annoying to me and my passengers have noticed it. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
My Pathfinder doesn't lurch when auto start/stop is active. It also doesn't lurch when auto brake hold is active either.
You may want to have the dealer look at it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes it automatically enables every time the car is started. Doesn't every car? However, the button is conveniently located in a area on the console that's easy to turn off/on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes it automatically enables every time the car is started. Doesn't every car? However, the button is conveniently located in a area on the console that's easy to turn off/on.
Im not sure, here is the page from the user manual,Idling Stop. Allows user customize

It’s Eco mode settings under Menu.

Im not the car owner, but will be one of them soon, and this annoying thing I like to disable for good at the first minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,070 Posts
Ugh.. I didn't realize the 2022 came with auto stop/start.

I wonder what Nissan did to beef up the starter and electrical system on the VQ35DE for this type of service.

I'm OK with it provided it's got a disable button, even if you've got to press it every time the ignition is cycled, or the vehicle goes in/out of park.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the manual, it lists a whole bunch of actions that can cause the car to restart the engine from the idle off state. One of those is turning the steering wheel. Are you doing that by any chance?

In my case, I also am having trouble with the auto start and am trying to figure out how to handle it. Basically, I usually put my car in park when at a light, and I'm getting this behavior where the car stops the engine and then restarts it almost immediately afterward when I put the car in park. Looking at the manual, it looks like putting the car in park is not an action that should cause the car to restart, so I'm wondering if there is something else in that giant rat's nest of potential triggers that I'm doing that is causing it to restart when putting it in park. I'm about to turn it off altogether, but I want to at least give it a chance first, since it seems to be alright when working as intended.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Went to the dealership, according to them and to Nissan customer service you are NOT able to permanently turn off Stop/Start. They recommended I try using the Auto Hold (Break) to keep the car from lurching when Auto Start kicks in, I did, and at first it seemed to work well, then had strange behavior. If I took my foot off the break while at a light and the engine stopped with Auto Hold active, then depressed the gas peddle once the light turned green the Auto Hold would keep the car from moving momentarily. I would start to move, the Auto Hold must think I'm not supposed to be moving, breaks would engage stop me and then almost immediately release so I could go. Seems the timing of the two systems are not in sync.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Again, according to User manual, you cat turn it off permanently, not every time with button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried disabling it in the eco menu yesterday. But I wasn't sure if was working or not, due to how hot it was. When it's hot the A/C take priority and disables auto stop. I will test again when it is cooler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried disabling it in the eco menu yesterday. But I wasn't sure if was working or not, due to how hot it was. When it's hot the A/C take priority and disables auto stop. I will test again when it is cooler.
Thank you, please let us know. Hope Nissan made it right and give owners an option to disable this permanently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
28 Posts
From previous experience with the auto stop/start feature I believe the manufacturer are not allowed to let the owner to disable it. The reason I was told is that the fuel economy testing by the authorities is based on the default settings of the vehicle, and if they are allowed to be altered the manufacturer can be held responsible for proclaiming "false" numbers. So I think it is our only option to push the button as part of starting the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am experiencing exactly the same issues as described by the OP and Justishar. Does not feel like normal operation. Using the auto stop/start, the engine stop is very smooth and almost unnoticeable but the start is pretty scary - first time it happened I thought the engine was low on oil or maybe a piston came loose lol. Hopefully there's a TSB in the making to resolve. In the meanwhile, I will try the eco menu options to see if the feature can be permanently turned off. On another thread it was mentioned that is possible, but you'll get angry messages on the information display - that I can live with, feeling like your engine wants to jump out of the car I cannot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The ECO mode option dose NOT permanently disable Auto Star/Stop, tested several times, unfortunate and like mo-path I hope to see a TSB in the near future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2022 pathfinder does not lurch, and sometimes I actually wonder if the function even works. Anyone else with that experience? Should you notice a lurch or the engine stating after a stop?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts